Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KIDDDD

SWEATING plays major role in overcoming acne

Basically acne in everyone is caused by the same thing, your body is full of excess toxins and or horomes and ur liver, kidneys and bowels are not detoxifying fast enough so ur body then has to use its last organ of elimination which is the skin which = ACNE. I recently learned that sweating plays a MAJOR role in ACNE. Our bodies releases 25% of our toxins through the skin by sweating. If we dont sweat regulary then the toxins are dumped to our other chambers of elimination which are idneys, bowels and liver and if those organs arent working at there best the result is acne because our bodies respond by using our skin to eliminate the toxins. Most people just dont know that the skin is the last organ or elimination.

Another interesting fact that i learned is that the thyroid gland controlls the function of the skin and iodine controlls proper thyroid gland function. LOL mabie thats why doctors tell people with acne to avoid iodine becuse iodine makes thyroid work properly and thyroid controlls skin functions which means if thyroid works properly then ur chances of flawless skin are pretty good. The problem is most people work full time jobs ect.. so everyone may not have time to sweat regulary, one thing that worked wonders for me was steam showers or saunas, good luck

sorry i forgot to post a link to where i got this great info click on tips for healthy skin http://www.evenstaronline.com/wellnessadva...allprogram.html enjoy

as for the thyroid thing.. I have Grave's disease.. so there's not much hope for me thyroid wise.. I just eventually have to take medicine for it.. but it will never work "properly"

I am confused...You post many posts like this often, reporting on how good it is for acne and how THIS really showed improvement in your skin. So did the salmon show the most difference? Did eating WHOLE lemons show the most difference? Or did sweating? Or did flaxseeds? Or did "promegrants"? In every post you say this REALLY helps acne. Yet how would you know if you are SUPPOSEDLY doing all these things at the same time. Are you clear? Why not post before and after pics?

I think it does too actually.

During the beginning of the XC season, I sweated quite a lot doing sprints or running 4 miles in the 95 degree heat. I also swear the sunlight helped too. I really think, for me anyways, getting out in the summer sun helped clear it up. Now to figure out how to get summer sun during the winter. :doh:

They all help, salmon, pomegrants, lemons, flaxseed ectttt, anything that i mention helps acne. Ive tryed them all and they not only help acne they make ur entire face just look better because acne is a inflammtroy disease and all those foods have anti inflammtory properties. Sweating combined with good diet should b enough to cure anyone, its easy to talk about it but doing it is totally different thing. Eating no junk or processed food is very very hard by itself, and a lot of people have jobs, school ect... so they cant get out and sweat every day. If u wanna conquer ur acne u need to make lifestyle changes, change diet and visit the gym, thats it good luck.

Guest quack

i think this is a 50/50 thing. i don't think sweating alone can help that much with acne. i use to live in a very humid country (somewhere by the equator) and there were people who still had acne -- from mild to very severe. however, i do think our skin benefits from sweating because it prevents dryness and flakiness or at least acts as a "barrier" of some sort so our skin doesn't lose moisture.

Sweating can also clog pores

lol sweating vclogs pores is bs that doctors make up. Sweating resleases the toxins that cause acne.

In the short term heavy sweating increased acne, but after starting to run half-marathons and lots of middle distant races (between 800m and 10km), the sweating improved my skin up to where it is clear. Then varsityt started and suddenly I don't have time for running anymore and back is the acne.

Exercise actually reduces stress levels; thus less breakouts. Just wondering whether sweating from doing something passive reduces stress or increases stress?

theres no guarantee that any of what you say works.. most people just get too hyped up about what they eat and it usually does nothing to their skin.. most of the people on this board are overly paranoid.. eating a piece of chocolate isnt going to give you a zit the next day.. you can believe it will.. but your all just paranoid to the point that youll believe any food causes acne.

theres no guarantee that any of what you say works.. most people just get too hyped up about what they eat and it usually does nothing to their skin.. most of the people on this board are overly paranoid.. eating a piece of chocolate isnt going to give you a zit the next day.. you can believe it will.. but your all just paranoid to the point that youll believe any food causes acne.

loll people like u are addicted to the foods so u dont wanna believe it causes acne. In moderation its ok like a serving at a time but NO ONE eats junk food in moderation. If u eat 1/3 or half a candybar at a time then NO i t wont cause acne but who do u know that can eat little servings of junk food NO ONE it taste to good and after u eat a small peace it makes u go into this starivng mode where u gotta eat more. Junk food makes u hungry and makes u crave for more and more. Anyone who says proper diet, exercise and less stress dosnt work is crazy. The reason it may not work for people is because eating healthy is not convient and people always end up cheating. Like is aid many times keep a notebook write down the foods u need and go get them and follow ur mealplans. If u follow all natural diet u wont get acne period.

Everyones body works different. People with acne are actually the most healthy people around. Our bodies deal with excess toxins by makeing it come out of our skin. I for example can eat 10 cheeseburgers and never gain weight but ill get pimples, my friend on the other hand can eat all junk food he wants and never get acne but hes fat and needs glasses. No matter who u are if u eat garbage diet its efecting u somehow, it sucks some people get acne but id rather have acne then be fat or have some much more serious disease. Acne is nothing but ur body telling u something is wrong, what is wrong is ur organs are full of garbage, detox ur organs and acne will dissapear. It may not actually be the food causing ur acne ut it could all be due to poor digestion or hidden food allergies but food is involved.

i think its great people giving advice to fellow acne suffers but there's one thing that concerns me. Its when people say this and that really helps with acne but then go on to say 'oh and by the way i still got acne'

i was down the diet road for the last 3 months of 2005. It was a complete pain, made me depressed, paranoid, out of pocket, i lost weight and while i was on it my skin looked really bad and i still have the red marks now. During xmas i ate whatever i wanted, drank all day long and so far it has had no effect on my skin. Guess what my new years resolution was??? Eat whatever i want again

Heres the only things i feel are worth the time and believe me i tried a lot! Drink 2-3 litres of lemon water a day, use ACV, eat lots of veg, have as little sugar as you can get away with, fruit juices for me i think were the problem so i avoid most juices Oh and if don't suffer from wheat allergies or have a problem with milk seriously dont waste your time! If you like them keep eating bread/pasta, cheese and drinking milk as anyone who knows whos tried its a pain trying to avoid them. I actually belive in the hypersensitivity theory that Sweetjade knows all about, its just finding the foods you have a problem with

That is all :)

I eat rather healthy and i promise you as soon as a eat junk food overnight i break out the next day. About the sweating thing some one said that heavily sweating can be really bad, i do and practise rave dancing right and you sweat ALOT after this if i just like clean my face or something will it stop the clogs blocking up?

KIDDDD seems to just be repeating things he has heard or read about acne and foods. You can look up brazil nuts, almonds, flaxseeds, oranges, apples, lemons, and you will see that it has antioxidants, or is good for your skin, Have I ever heard of people getting clear from these things? Absolutely not. And I 99% doubt KIDDD is clear from these methods (if he is clear at all). If KIDDDD has a before and after picture of his skin, and how these things really cleared him up then he should post them. Other than that KIDDDD how about you stop posting these million and one topics about how this or that is the thing that REALLY helped you, and giving desperate people something else for them to buy and put faith in.

And Julz, sweating does not clog your pores. Washing the sweat off will be good enough. Just be careful I don't like raves myself. And if you do the X keep yourself hydrated, a girl I knew died from heat stroke while on it.

Give it a rest KIDDD. Everyday it seems you come up with another cure for acne.

I work out everyday, I sweat like a pig. When I was in college and competing in sports I was working out twice a day, 6 days a week. It didn't help my acne at all.

Maybe it only works if you eat a lemon before you sweat? :)

hmm.. actually sweating might be good.. lately I've been trying to take really warm showers.. and I have glass shower doors.. so it kind of traps the steam in there.. and I take LONG showers.. like 45 minutes to an hour.. and when I'm in there sometimes it feels almost as a sauna or some other place that you go to basically sweat.. and this usually helps my acne a lot.. Not sure if that's the sweating that helps or the steam..

My pic is my avitar. Im clear except for a occasional 1 or 2 zits when i eat to much junk food. I never had sever acne i use to get 4 or 5 pimples though. I noticed that when i eat ehalthy i dont get any new pimples ever and the existing ones fade away quicker. Theres no point in posting before and after pics because looking at my pics u cant tell i have acne because its not severe its only a few spots but that still bothers me. You can be like ripley and believe it or not but all i know is food matters, weather its poor digestion, hidden food allergy, excess antibiotics or horomes in meats, preservative and addictives or toxicity from to much junk food food causes acne period. Anyone who says it dosnt is just to lazy to do a proper diet, Im done posting, i tryed to help people but there to ignorant i guess. YES i posted a lto of different threads, they ALL work togeather in a system to cure ur acne , sweating, detoxing, and proper diet will help anyones acne, its helped me and lots of my friends. Im done trying to help people who dont appreciate it, ive done hours and hours and hours of research and trial and error and I know what im talking about peace

Sweating can also clog pores

lol sweating vclogs pores is bs that doctors make up. Sweating resleases the toxins that cause acne.

Why the fuck would doctors make that up? I swear..85% of your posts are some retarded shit....are you a Jehovah Witness or somethin

My pic is my avitar. Im clear except for a occasional 1 or 2 zits when i eat to much junk food. I never had sever acne i use to get 4 or 5 pimples though. I noticed that when i eat ehalthy i dont get any new pimples ever and the existing ones fade away quicker. Theres no point in posting before and after pics because looking at my pics u cant tell i have acne because its not severe its only a few spots but that still bothers me. You can be like ripley and believe it or not but all i know is food matters, weather its poor digestion, hidden food allergy, excess antibiotics or horomes in meats, preservative and addictives or toxicity from to much junk food food causes acne period. Anyone who says it dosnt is just to lazy to do a proper diet, Im done posting, i tryed to help people but there to ignorant i guess. YES i posted a lto of different threads, they ALL work togeather in a system to cure ur acne , sweating, detoxing, and proper diet will help anyones acne, its helped me and lots of my friends. Im done trying to help people who dont appreciate it, ive done hours and hours and hours of research and trial and error and I know what im talking about peace

YOur so stupid thank god your not posting anymore. TO say people who think diet isnt effective are lazy Is just retarded im sorry. Did you ever read that acne can be caused by different things for different people? which means diet has no affect on most/

Personally I'm starting to think he's just a troll who's really dedicated to making fun of holistic posters. Look at his behavior. He makes a thread dedicated to just about every line of BS that has been spewed here (I think I've seen at least 6 or 7 threads by him in the past week here) and every thread claims that this is the end all, perfect solution for acne.

Hell, read his first post in the lemons thread. He says, "Just cut it into 4 slices and eat it and then look in the mirror and ur pimples will start to vanish and burst immediately."

Most of what he recommends is unhealthy and some of it will actually cause long-term health problems.

I don't think anyone would disagree that a healthy diet is important for overall health.....and I do think that there is something to be said about certain foods causing inflammation- trans fats, etc....But, I don't think that acne is that simple...it is a complex disease that has many causes and is unique to each person because each persons body chemistry is different...That's why, when you read this board, what worked great for one person, didn't do a damn thing for someone esle...

Personally, I DO think that diet plays a role in my acne....and I am making a point to drink more water, have stopped drinking coffee ( which just messed up my stomach and deydrated me) and eat healthier foods, avoid transfats and peanuts ( which DO tend to break me out) ....and take a good multivitamin, acidopholus tabs and aloe vera juice...

BUT

I also know that i have to work topically on my skin...that internal is only half the battle....I do think that the LESS you do to your skin, the better tho....my new regimin will be exfoliation with complexion brush and twice monthly microdermabrasion treatments, plus Avage ( tazorac) and a good BHA or AHA and BP on an active zit......

But, to say that all this dietary stuff will cure acne?? If it were that simple, someone would have found that "perfect" diet that cures everyone....

okay all i have to say is give KIDDD a break. if you read something and don't like the idea or think it is totally stupid and will not work for you then don't try it. but different things work for different people. i personally don't think sweating will help me but i don't mind reading different people's idea's. i like this forum becuase it gives people a chance to give advice and suggestions. you never know, you might come across a crazy idea one day and maybe that's all you need and it might be your answer. but if you keep shutting people up and they decide not to share their ideas and post anymore, your answer might never come. too bad for you. you might also be hindering someone else from finding their "cure".