Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
love_and_peace

does tan skin help? HELP

:( my acnes are almost cleared up and only one or two here and there. but now i want to clear up all the red marks! they are so obvious that people would think actually they are my acnes! i don't dare to face others without my foundation :cry: and seriously i hate to spend time in front of the mirror for ages to put on the foundation, concealor and all these stuff to cover up the marks. so i thought if i tan myself (what i mean is to use sunless spray tanner or maybe tan gel), will it make all my marks not so obvious? because i think the spray tan or tan gel that i apply will act like a layer of foundation which covers up my imperfection? as anyone tried this method before? i've noticed that people who have darker skin, are hardly to be noticed of their pimples marks. but then after that where can i find dark skin tone concealor? hmmmm.. :think: i dont know, what shall i do? shall i fake tan myself? arghh..

I did spray tan over the summer and it did help hide all the blemishes. Give it a try.

so what brand of the spray tanner did you use? which shade is bettter? golden tan or dark tan? and spray tan is better than all the gel/lotion stuff? did you need to apply any foudation or councelor after that? what brand of foundation and concealor is better for dark skin tone?

sorry for asking so many questions but i really want to know! i've sicked to see my face with all the red marks and everytime when people look at me i would afraid they would laugh at me :cry: i dont know, i didnt have all these acnes and marks on my face before i was 18. :( i wish time could go back..

What I did was a spot test on my chest first, to see if I would get a reaction from it (because I breakout on my chest too), and I didn't so I used it on my whole body, not just my face. I suggest you do a spot test too, you dont want to apply it to your face and then have a reaction and breakout. :(

I'm not sure on whether a creme or gel would work, I never used those, I didn't care for the color they leave, not as natural as a spray, IMO.

I bought two different kinds. One I bought off eBay and it was rather expensive but worked great, I think I got two body sprays out of it. It was still cheaper than going to a salon and having it done. I can get you that seller if you want to check her out. With the spray, you control how dark you want to be, one application is more of a golden tan, so if you want to be darker, you add another on top of the original.

Like I said, it worked great, but was expensive.

The second one I bought was from Sally Beauty Store and it came with a gun and 2 bottles, I think it was $20. This method (with the gun) is a bit more messy, so I suggest getting into the shower to apply. I liked the color but it was such a pain to apply (with the gun). If you can find the spray tan w/o the gun, I'd suggest that over the spray with the gun any day.

I have medium toned skin anyway, so I used one application which made me pretty dark, and I didn't use any foundation or powder. I didn't need it. It pretty much hid all my blemishes.

I will say it's a pain in the butt as far as up keep, so that is something to consider too.

What I did was a spot test on my chest first, to see if I would get a reaction from it (because I breakout on my chest too), and I didn't so I used it on my whole body, not just my face. I suggest you do a spot test too, you dont want to apply it to your face and then have a reaction and breakout. :(

I'm not sure on whether a creme or gel would work, I never used those, I didn't care for the color they leave, not as natural as a spray, IMO.

I bought two different kinds. One I bought off eBay and it was rather expensive but worked great, I think I got two body sprays out of it. It was still cheaper than going to a salon and having it done. I can get you that seller if you want to check her out. With the spray, you control how dark you want to be, one application is more of a golden tan, so if you want to be darker, you add another on top of the original.

Like I said, it worked great, but was expensive.

The second one I bought was from Sally Beauty Store and it came with a gun and 2 bottles, I think it was $20. This method (with the gun) is a bit more messy, so I suggest getting into the shower to apply. I liked the color but it was such a pain to apply (with the gun). If you can find the spray tan w/o the gun, I'd suggest that over the spray with the gun any day.

I have medium toned skin anyway, so I used one application which made me pretty dark, and I didn't use any foundation or powder. I didn't need it. It pretty much hid all my blemishes.

I will say it's a pain in the butt as far as up keep, so that is something to consider too.

Clearskin_Jess, whats the spray tan you are mentioning about? how does it work? is it a temporary tan that u will get after spraying the tan stuff on your face??

Yes, it's a temp. tan, last's maybe 5-7 days before fading. It's like the gels/cremes that you can buy at the store, only it comes in a can and you spray it, it makes the tan more even and less noticeable (as being "fake"). I used it on my whole body, not just my face, mainly because it was summer and I'd look fruit with a dark face and white as ghost legs, lol. Another thing I like about the spray is that it's instant and doesn't take hours to develop like most cremes/gels, so you know exactly where you have sprayed.

You can find them on eBay and most beauty stores and I think QVC and HSN also have kit's but I've never used them and they seem to be way expensive. You can also go to tanning salons and have the tan sprayed there. I know around here one application is around $30 at a salon, so it can get expensive. If you're wanting to have a tan non stop, then it would be $30 a week for a salon spray, because it fades after about 5 days.

actually all my acnes and marks are on my cheecks, chin and forehead (bascially can say all around my face). :( so what shall i do with them ?

oo, forgot to mention i am staying in australia. i'd tried to apply a tan gel on my finger (where there is a dark mark) but it seemed to make my mark more obvious? the mark becomes darker..

being tan does help covering red marks.. I have the whitest of skins.. and I don't really tan I just burn.. and yeah because I'm so white.. EVERY red mark shows.. so annoying :(

hm, what about that mystic tan? id suggest that.. while it does cost a bit more..

heh, im just so worried about the whole uneven tan, stripy thing..

id definately mess it up..

i plan on trying that once im done with this here accutane.. since prom will be about 2 months after im done with my course

quick question.. if i get a spray tan.. it wont hinder my actual tanning process.. say.. at the beach or something?

No, a spray tan or mystic tan doesn't hinder a "real" tan, when your spray tan fades, you'll have your real tan that stays. With the spray tan, you wont get stripes, unless you spray it that way. It's very easy to apply.

A gel isn't the same as a spray, so if the gel didn't work for you *love and peace* that doesn't mean a spray tan wont either. I cant stand a gel or creme tan, it just isn't the same as a spray. It hid all my blemishes, it didn't make them worse.

Yes, I did a light exfoliation in the shower before hand, it helps the tan "stick". If you opt for the spray tan, apply it in the shower, because it can get messy. Make sure when you're finished to wipe the bottoms of your feet, so they dont stain.

I would start out with a golden tan, and then add more if you need it. You dont want to start out too dark, incase you dont like it. All it took for me was one layer, and I was a nice golden tan.

What I did was spray my chest and/or stomach, to make sure it was covering like I wanted and the color I wanted, then I sprayed the rest of my body. Plus, I get chest acne, so I wanted to see how it covered the acne before spraying the rest of my body. Did wonders for me.

I wanted to add though, I dont have pitted or deep scars. Mine are more superficial, so in my case the tan did wonders for a cover up. I cant say how it would do on other scars. I suggest you do a spot test first, to make sure you get the coverage you want, before doing your whole face.

Try instant tan or hollywood tan spray booths. I might be a little biased because we are official distributors of them in the mediterannean region :D

Only discovered Fake-Tan a little while ago. And yeah I am a guy but i'm only this to cover the red marks, once they have faded naturally then I won't have to use it.

Anywayz, I use No7 Sunless Tanning or something like that. When I come out of the shower I dry up, apply a light moisturiser to where I want the tan to go. I wait for about 1/2 hour for the moisturiser to soak in then apply the tan. I usually spray it all over my face and neck then rub it in like I would a moisturiser. I find using the moisturiser before the tan evens it out and make it last longer.

Hmm Just an idea. And yeah it's awesome for disguising red marks and other blemishes.

Lee.

being tan def helps cover a multitude of flaws... i use tanning beds cause i'm stupid lol, and in the long run they make red spots darker and make you look overal worse, but in the short run they're great! honestly i think i'll take a hiatus from tanning, if not quit permanently.

a powder bronzer [no shimmer or anything wierd] is amazing too. most of the time it's the only makeup i wear, and it makes me look decent enough that i feel ok about going outside lol.