Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I would like to share with anybody here on the board, who are fighting hard against Acne. Virtually I am long-term Acne sufferer since I was at 18 (in college), until one year ago, I still had mild acne on the face, but most of them are papules, sometime even nodules, it is painful and embarrassed at my age (I am 44 now). After trying a lots of products on the market, none of them gave me any help, the scaring on back and dents on the face occur gradually. Until one year ago, when saw my son (14 year old) starting grow pimples on his face, I realized that I have to do something to deal with this problem before situation getting worse as I do. I am working at NIH for medical research for more than 10 years, according to my medical background (I am MD), I realized that none of any regimen works really well to against acne!! Before making any conclusion on current market products, I would like to explain briefly the causes of acne:

1. At puberty or older, sebaceous hyperplasia and subsequent induction of comedones;

2. Skin getting thicker after consistently oil skin and dead skin stay (thicker stratum corneum) in which comedones formed easily;

3. P. acne which colonized at pilosebaceous unit naturally, it will grow to cause infection if greasing stuff exist as their nutrition;

Unfortunately, the medicine on the market is only work against one of them above, for example:

1. β-Hydroxy Acid (Salicylic Acid): is best known of the keratolytic agent, which acts on the stratum corneum producing a dissolution of the intercellular cement. Essentially, by dissolving adhesions between cells in the upper layers of the skin, this acid induce shedding of dry scales from the skin surface in an exfoliative-like fashion. (It is against 2nd above).

2. α-Hydroxy Acids (AHA): is made up of different compounds with application for the treatment of several dermatoses. Basically same as β-Hydroxy Acid;

3. Benzoyl Peroxide (BP): is mild keratolytic agent and decreases colonization of P. acnes. (It is against 2nd and 3rd above).

4. Retinoid (Tretinoin, Adapalene, Tazarotene, Accutane-isotretinoin etc.): Are most effective anticomedonal agents available. It normalized the keratinization process within the hair follicle and prevents formation of comedones. (It is against 1st above).

5. Antibiotics (Clindamycin, erythromycin, and sodium sulfacetamide): decrease the concentration of P. acnes in the follicle and ultimately have an anti-inflammatory effect as well. (It is against 3rd above).

In the summary, all above medicine only treat one or two of the problems, logically and theoretically we could conclude BP is best choice because it can fight against two causes with mild side effects; but reality is that it is only could treat mild acne successfully at around 50% (0 to 10 acnes on the face is count as cured as some clinic reports). The reason is because it can’t specifically remove comedo which is the basic and initial cause of acne!!

In addition, the side effects are severe in some cases as reporting from clinic. For example, Accutane, as my observation, is most dangerous to the user because of the side effects; one of them is dry mouth and joint, isotretinoin does not just decreasing secretion of sebeum , but also effecting on mouth and joint; if you are active person, it probably would hurt you joint at knee, fingers joint as some people complained. Another serious problem is that it could cause the depression as some clinical report.

My strategy for treating acne is to find one material which is of the functions against three acne causes showing above. Based on these observations, I prepared one solution, I called it as AT solution, successfully one year ago. The material I used to make this solution is one kind of natural Chinese herb; actually it has been used by most people somehow, just didn’t realize by people. So far it is safe and no any side effects to me at 44, my wife at 43 and my son at 14. I have taken almost one year to modify the concentration and adjust pH etc. From experience on my son, he just needs use once per week in the summer, biweekly in the winter. For my skin condition, I have to use thee times per week, I am acne free now. I feel sorry that I don’t have photos to show the comparison here since I didn’t realize it will be so successful. The basic procedure is briefly below:

1. Washing the face or suffering part with regular soap to remove any grease from skin;

2. Dilute 1 to 5 ml of AT1 and AT2 solution each into 2 gallons warm water;

3. Wet suffering parts of the skin into solution;

4. Rub skin by towel wetting with solution repeatedly;

5. Washing away with clean water.

Total time is around 20 minutes.

The main function of the active component in the solution is as followed:

1. Dissolving small comedones which you couldn’t see by eyes, it is initial and basic cause of acne, it works more efficiently when water temperature is above 30 °C;

2. Normalizing stratum corneum (upper layer skin) by removing dead skin and debris etc. but not peeling skin like benzoyl peroxide, or salicylic acid;

3. Killing the skin bacteria and fungi.

After treating, mild acne, like open comedones, blackhead acne, will be clean very quickly, (in two weeks to four weeks) depends on your skin condition. But for the nodules (cysts), it will take probably two or more months to clean.

If anybody would like to try it, I could send it out for free. I am biomedical scientist, but not businessman here; I just want acne sufferers to share my home-made product with successful experience. Accidentally I found out this forum last week when I was on vocation at home and surfed on the internet for acne topic, I was surprised by the so many acne sufferers who are working hard against it.

By the way, my AT solution is not just for treating acne, it can smooth skin also, which means exfoliating fashion effect.

Good luck and Happy New Year.

If you dont mind me asking, can I ask what is the ingredients for the AT1 and AT2 soultion?

Hello, I would also like to see what ingridients you use. It is a very interesting topic and an interesting approach. It does make sense. I have done a small amount of research as well.

My regimen includes 3 different types of Alpha Hydroxy Acids and Benzoyl Peroxide. It's my understanding that Salacylic Acid helps break down blackheads and whiteheads. I figure i have the bases covered. I noticed after using this triple alpha hydroxy acid wash my face is very smooth. So far my skin is improving. As far as the peeling, I really do not have much of it. I think your talking about the dryness you get from the products, that is easily solved by the moisturizer i use.

I am still nonetheless interested in your solution. I know A Hydroxy acids can increase sun sensitivity, so I don't like to overdo it.

Please explain the ingridients.

Hello, I would also like to see what ingridients you use. It is a very interesting topic and an interesting approach. It does make sense. I have done a small amount of research as well.

My regimen includes 3 different types of Alpha Hydroxy Acids and Benzoyl Peroxide. It's my understanding that Salacylic Acid helps break down blackheads and whiteheads. I figure i have the bases covered. I noticed after using this triple alpha hydroxy acid wash my face is very smooth. So far my skin is improving. As far as the peeling, I really do not have much of it. I think your talking about the dryness you get from the products, that is easily solved by the moisturizer i use.

I am still nonetheless interested in your solution. I know A Hydroxy acids can increase sun sensitivity, so I don't like to overdo it.

Thanks for your words. I regret that I can't give exact ingridients. as said in my post, my solution is made from Chinese herbs, and modified by pH to fit on topical skin treatment, it doesn't include any compounds on current market! According to my family and friends after using, it has no any side effects to any age (from 14 to 44 years old, female and male).

I don't know what is your skin condition, if your acne is caused by comedones, I think that AT solution will definitely dissolve it and help you acne free.

Thanks for your words. I regret that I can't give exact ingridients. as said in my post, my solution is made from Chinese herbs, and modified by pH to fit on topical skin treatment, it doesn't include any compounds on current market! According to my family and friends after using, it has no any side effects to any age (from 14 to 44 years old, female and male).

I don't know what is your skin condition, if your acne is caused by comedones, I think that AT solution will definitely dissolve it and help you acne free.

I have mild acne. I really cant complain a lot. Not that it isn't noticible. Right now, I have an progressing face thats getting clearer. I am not sure what my acne is caused by, but your solution for the most part gets rid of the bacteria in p.acnes and dissolves comedones. I am almost sure though puberty had a lot to do with it or ebaceous hyperplasia and subsequent induction of comedones; lol.

Would you consider your product? Is it safe? Any overly drying side effects or side effects at all that you experienced?

You cannot give the exact ingredients? You should at least tell people what herbs and/or chemicals you put in your solution. Even if they weren't on the market ever, or were just found in a cave in Africa a year ago, I am sure the internet will have information. You seem to be a pretty irresponsible person for a biomedical scientist, people can be allergic to your ingredients. Not to mention, it seems like you did not fully test your solution enough to say it would clear up nodules and cysts in a couple of months.

Thanks for your words. I regret that I can't give exact ingridients. as said in my post, my solution is made from Chinese herbs, and modified by pH to fit on topical skin treatment, it doesn't include any compounds on current market!

I don't understand. Why can't you tell us what those herbs are? Is it because you plan on eventually marketing this concoction?

Bryan

I have mild acne. I really cant complain a lot. Not that it isn't noticible. Right now, I have an progressing face thats getting clearer. I am not sure what my acne is caused by, but your solution for the most part gets rid of the bacteria in p.acnes and dissolves comedones. I am almost sure though puberty had a lot to do with it or ebaceous hyperplasia and subsequent induction of comedones; lol.

Would you consider your product? Is it safe? Any overly drying side effects or side effects at all that you experienced?

AT solution has mild exfoliating effect, that is why I said it will polish your skin if you used as regular topical medication. It is mild strength, really depends on what concentration it is. According to my one year experience after treatment, it is not cause any dry skin like SA etc.. For the mild acne, if there are no pustules, only zits or pimples, it will wipe them off after a couple of times treatment according to result of my 14 years-old son treatment.

Teenage's skin is different from aldult's one, it is thin, so AT solution is easily dissolve tiny comedones away. But as age goes up, the skin of aldult will be gradually getting thicker, noticable if you are oil skin, and the dead skin on the upper layer of surface wouldn't be fall off as normal condition skin. the comedones will be formed quickly and easily. That is why most of acne sufferers are oil skin people.

After one year treatment, my skin is smooth and shine, but dents are still there, that is old acne result, I can't compain about it. The key here is that there is no more acne on my face, even single one, nobody believe it? but reality is there. I am very happy with result. in addition, the reason I didn't have any dry skin is because my skin is oil and it lubricate my face naturally right now although oil skin gave me trouble --acne before, luckily after treatment, my skin is shine with no wrinkles since my own oil. So AT solution doesn't change your skin condition, no matter it was dry or oil before treatment.

I understand the issue about safety. I am working on biomedical research more than 20 years (10 years in NIH), and I am working conjugate vaccine (same as Hib, if you have baby, he will be injected by doc when he is 2 month). And I do a lot of biomolecular reaction. That is why I am sensitive to chemical structure of materials. I know exactly what I am doing. That is why I can bravely let my 14-years old son to use it. He is very happy with his smooth face.

One more observation I would like to tell here is that people with oil skin are getting wrinkles on the face at 40 even 50, even some of them suffer acne; fortunatly it is very late to compared to people with dry and acne-free skin, dry and acne-free skin people have good skin condition at their young age, but wrinkles limb up to their face much ealier than oil skin face, probably at 30. believe or not? it really doesn't matter to me right now!

Thanks for your words. I regret that I can't give exact ingridients. as said in my post, my solution is made from Chinese herbs, and modified by pH to fit on topical skin treatment, it doesn't include any compounds on current market!

I don't understand. Why can't you tell us what those herbs are? Is it because you plan on eventually marketing this concoction?

Bryan

Sorry about that, as my observation from current users (most of them is my friends), I am really thinking that way right now. That is why I don't want to present why it is the procedure for making this solution. I understand that no people want to use unknown products. But for me, I would like sent to the people who are still suffering acne after treating with current products on the market. It is really up youself.

As my professor of pharmacology in the medical school told us in first class. " I don't like use any medications even I'm sick because all of them is not supposed to be in my body". Surprised and confused the students then, luckily we figured it out late---"Don't take any medications without any effects".

You cannot give the exact ingredients? You should at least tell people what herbs and/or chemicals you put in your solution. Even if they weren't on the market ever, or were just found in a cave in Africa a year ago, I am sure the internet will have information. You seem to be a pretty irresponsible person for a biomedical scientist, people can be allergic to your ingredients. Not to mention, it seems like you did not fully test your solution enough to say it would clear up nodules and cysts in a couple of months.

Sorry I didn't disclose AT ingredients, it was excuse to say so before, that is why I would like apologize to the people here. I know exactly what is the components in AT solution. I don't have to go to cave in Africa to found it out, but if you have such experience, I would like to go there with you since I never be there!

You are right on concerned about allergic issue, I kown most people would allergy to it, and before using, I will tell the user how to recognize if they are or not. I believe that you are really responsibel person at this point, but before making this conclusion, you should ask me more question before post this words!

Of course I didn't fully test this sultion enough since it is only one year ago. As I pointed out, it is my family product not marketing one. Do I ask you pay for using it? All conclusion to my solution is dependent to my experience and my knowledge. I didn't make one, it is neccessary to me, to be honest say!

Dr. Lee, would you mind telling me what kind of skin you have? Is it asian skin? I'm concerned because I have asian skin.

Also, do you have to continue using it after you're cleared?

Thanks, please answer my questions.

Dr. Lee, would you mind telling me what kind of skin you have? Is it asian skin? I'm concerned because I have asian skin.

Also, do you have to continue using it after you're cleared?

Thanks, please answer my questions.

Yes, I am asian skin, and it is oil. According to dermotology, there is no such theory to be shown about racial difference on acne. The essential cause of acne is because of comedones formed based on most popular opinion from medicine as I know.

I have to used AT solution 2 or 3 times each week after getting all of acne away, but it really depends on your skin condition. I called this stage as maintanence stage.

You should understand that this method is dealing with outside of your skin, not sebaceous cell, which is responsible for secretion. Even some medications like Retinoin, isotretinoin (Accutane), they can depress sebaceous cell, resulting to decrease sebum production, But they are not permanent result, it will breakout again after stopping 6 month to 1 year, and I am not sure that acne will be completely clean (I mean even signle one ) from face after right stopp. I never use it.

The goal for using AT solution regularly is not only for acne treating, but also smooth skin (mild exfoliation). Naturally Skin is keeping grow and getting thcker, and finally acne will get back. If keeping use AT solution, normalizing your skin will be sure!

In addition, I want to be clear the confution of treating effects among different medications here. AT solution is only act on UPPER LAYER SKIN, not diffuse into DEEPER LAYER, so it would act on basement cell like Retinoin.

So we would have to ask you for the solution every month? Since we have to apply is 2-3 times a week, we would still be dependent on this solution right? Are you going to charge us for the solutions?

So we would have to ask you for the solution every month? Since we have to apply is 2-3 times a week, we would still be dependent on this solution right? Are you going to charge us for the solutions?

I woulk like to translate your deduction as "why I have to buy the shoes every year? I can bare my feet!".

This is science, not making some stories here. I have no power like GOD to make something for controling your probem and have you to follow!!