Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone notice you never come across a black person with acne. I understand if they had redness it wouldnt show but you never see them with pimples or anything? Whats with that.....

Has anyone notice you never come across a black person with acne. I understand if they had redness it wouldnt show but you never see them with pimples or anything? Whats with that.....

I've seen some. Its just you cant notice it from far I guess because of their complexion but I have some friends would have acne which are african america.

your retarded im black i got acne lol. check my gallery im accutane 5 months in those pics is from 2 months in.

your retarded im black i got acne lol. check my gallery im accutane 5 months in those pics is from 2 months in.

lol

Yep, I'm another african american with acne. I am currently on Accutane too. Check out my journal with pics. One's complexion determines whether you can tell if they have acne. I am light skinned so you can definantly see my acne and my awful dark marks left behind. Darker skinned individuals are able to hide it a little better.

Well I live in Europe and many of my friends say that black ppl has the most perfect skin of all the races (I mean the condition of the skin). Their skin is like porcelain. I believe it also, that black ppl don't get acne so often as other races do.

Not too many middle eastern ppl get acne........most that do get acne arent living in the middle east

I wouldn't agree that they get less/no acne, but I do have to say that they seem to age wonderfully! Their skin appears to stay taut and avoid wrinkling a lot longer than the skin of other races.

Not too many middle eastern ppl get acne........most that do get acne arent living in the middle east

No, no. I have a friend who is arabic... meh, more of a father-esque figure or an uncle.. you get the idea. Anyways, he's lived in various places in the middle east most of his life. Yet, his skin is still no good. It was when he moved here it started to clear up, with the help of a dermatologist.

Or maybe he's just that one odd case. *shrugs*

in middle school i went to a school that was 75% black, and i def n oticed that they get acne too. it's just that redness doesnt show like it does on someone with a fairer complexion. bumps also arent as noticable but when you get close you'll see that a lot of african americans have acne too. their skin tends to be oilier than europeans but that means that they don't get as many wrinkles as us, which is lucky! Paler skin [like that of caucasians] tends to be overall more delicate and sensitive, the paler it is the more delicate it is. the college i go to now has quite a lot of asians and i def notice they get acne often too. i don't know that different races get acne at different frequency but there's definately a difference in how easily it's noticed, which would contribute to why we think white people get acne more.

I know plenty of black people who are dealing with acne. In fact one of my friends was telling me how she is using some supplement called herpanacine and hasn't had a breakout since. And she is dark complected, so her acne really stood out because it looked darker for some reason.

seems to me as if asains have the clearest skin, my freind who is korean literally has baby skin, he has really short hair so you can see his whole face and its amazing, not to sound gay but its the nicest skin i have seen and he eats the shittest food and i have seen him go with 2 days without washing his face... ( parites and sleepovers, when i found out) and he always touching his skin no matter how dirty his fingers are..

also remember white people probally double the amount of black people in the US or even more wherever you live... not sure if it has anything to do with it )),

seems to me as if asains have the clearest skin, my freind who is korean literally has baby skin, he has really short hair so you can see his whole face and its amazing, not to sound gay but its the nicest skin i have seen and he eats the shittest food and i have seen him go with 2 days without washing his face... ( parites and sleepovers, when i found out) and he always touching his skin no matter how dirty his fingers are..

also remember white people probally double the amount of black people in the US or even more wherever you live... not sure if it has anything to do with it )),

That doesn't seem to be true where I am. I attend college in Atlanta and I was actually surprised to see as many Asians with acne as I did. I also used to think they had the clearest skin but I don't believe that anymore. I admit the ones that don't have acne have porcelain looking skin. Also, Africans(not African Americans!! There is definantly a difference) have that type of clear porcelain looking skin too!

I went to a school that was like 98% black and I can probably count the number of them who suffered from acne(meaning they always had at least 1 pimple on their face at all times) on like 1 hand! Not many at all! But a poster above was right in saying that blacks do get bumps..especially b/c of the products we put in our hair..but to me that's not really anything serious..not like cysts all over your face!

Culturally speaking, Asians really stress for clear skin. Not only clear skin, but very white skin. The market for skin bleaching agents is huge in Asia. When I went to S.Korea last summer, I was totally alienated by their concept of beauty. While America is obsessed with being tan, they (Asians, not Asian-Americans) are obsessed with having pure white skin. I guess it reflects social status to have really white skin in Asia.

Also, they really discourage girls from wearing any make-up. The majority of the girls in Korea would not wear any make-up, yet still have really flawless skin. Acne there is unspeakable. They have special clinics and "camps" to help eliminate acne.

its funny how you guys say you know a friend or couple friends from a different race that has acne and stuff, but u dont all really know the whole world and everybody from a different race, so you cant really chart it out. We're all humans, it just depends on the person, someone that has better determination or the will power to treat and literally cure their acne will have clear skin, and that would be us asians. jjust messin

Here's something to ponder: do animals get acne? If not, why not? :D:P

That's not true. My DOG has acne on his face! Can you believe that? I saw little poppies on his face and was befuddled by it. It was pretty damn gross because it would pop and bleed. So I took him to the vet. To my surprise.. the vet told me he has a case of canine acne. ROFL. That was the first I've ever hearD! :lol2:

Black people do get acne, it's just that you usually have to be close to really notice.

However, I do think black people in other cultures (mainly Africa) don't get acne that much, it's probably do to the fact that they don't consume all the junk we have in western diets.