Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dingdingding

number of treatments

hey guys/girls, just curious how many courses of treatments did you go through to see results. i dont have insurance, so doing more than one could be very pricey.

hey guys/girls, just curious how many courses of treatments did you go through to see results. i dont have insurance, so doing more than one could be very pricey.

Are you talking about Accutane? If so, the stats indicate that a single treatment course gives 90% of people a remission period after treatment has ended, and for 60% of those they are 'cured' for life. There are better success rates with 2nd and 3rd courses too, should they be needed.

My Derm (really good friend of the family) actually showed me his tri-annual report which monitors Tane patients over a 3-year period and out of 1,800 patients he has treated at the Bupa hospital, 80% of them have had their acne in complete remission for the last 2 years. Trouble is, will it come back and how do you know you're actually 'cured'! :wall:

Are you talking about Accutane? If so, the stats indicate that a single treatment course gives 90% of people a remission period after treatment has ended, and for 60% of those they are 'cured' for life. There are better success rates with 2nd and 3rd courses too, should they be needed.

My Derm (really good friend of the family) actually showed me his tri-annual report which monitors Tane patients over a 3-year period and out of 1,800 patients he has treated at the Bupa hospital, 80% of them have had their acne in complete remission for the last 2 years. Trouble is, will it come back and how do you know you're actually 'cured'! :wall:

right, that is the question you would be asking...has it really gone away for good?

i've read in some patients, the acne came back worse....im not sure if the drug had anything to do with that, maybe their acne was going to worsen regardless.

just one course to see dramatic results, however two months after stopping acne came back, u may be ok with one course, but will more likely need a second and maybe a third

One month after finishing my first course my skin is crystal clear. But like everyone else said, will it last?

Hopefully. But if not, I'm at least going to enjoy the ride while it lasts.