Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gdub22

shaving questions with regimen

Hello,

I have been on the regimen for about 2 weeks. I have definitly noticed some improvement already. I have acne pretty much just all around my mouth. I had some questions about shaving. I notice that when I use a regular razor, the acne around my mouth gets very irritated and whiteheads get sliced by the razor. This seems to be making matters worse. If I shave then wait about a week, the acne around my mouth seems to be healing and looks alot better, but then everytime I shave it just breaks out again. Do you recomend I shave more often? I was also previosly just keeping some scruff and buzzing my face with a beard and mustache trimmer every once in a while. This was okay but it seemed that the acne under the hair was taking a lot longer to vanish compared to being clean shavin. I also have an electric razor as an option. What do you think i should do?

dont shave around ur mouth with a regular razor. shave witha n electric one until the acne goes away, then u can try with the regular razor, but be carful not to cut urself, cuz if u do, then it could become a zit.

I haven't had much luck with electric razors, I used one for awhile and then found I was getting in grown hairs because of it. I now shave after lathering with the Purpose cleanser bar and then do an extra lather and wash afterwards which has been working well for me.

I use a regular razor. But I am very careful and watch very close. Always shave with the grain of your hair as well.

I had the same problem as you. Regular razors irritated my face and neck. I got an electric razor which also irritated my face for a while. I went to the doctor and she prescribed clindamycin for my acne. It is my savior. I recommend using an electric razor very very very lightly... even if it takes you a half hour to shave. Then wash your face with noxema. Rub it in thoroughly but gently. I've tried tons of other face cleansers and most didn't work, but noxema is wonderful! Also, you should shave every day. If I wait a few days, my face is more likely to get irritated. I'm off the clindamycin now and use noxema morning and night. My face is finally clear! My regimen took about 3 months for full effect but it worked! Another thing I have found is when you're done eating, and if you have to wipe your face, do it very gently and try to wipe very little of it as possible. The napkin mushes tiny food particles into the pores. Good luck to you!