Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alex.

Dan's Bp Gel Breakout

I have been using Proactiv for a few years, and it's just stopped working as well as it used to.

That being said, I recently ordered a couple of tubes of Dan's BP gel and started using it a couple of days ago. The other thing I've been using is Basis gel to wash in the morning and evening, and I have had no problems with it since starting to use it a week ago. Back on topic... I applied Dan's gel the first night, and I woke up the next morning with bright red mini pimples on both of my cheeks and on my forehead above my eyes. I was shocked and have since seen those mini pimples get mini white heads. Last night I only applied Dan's BP gel to one side of my face and my forehead, and both of those areas are now visibly worse than the side I left alone.

Is this normal? Should I keep doing it? I've stopped the Basis just to see if I can make sure it's Dan's gel that's the problem (which it seems it is). What should I do?

I have been using Proactiv for a few years, and it's just stopped working as well as it used to.

That being said, I recently ordered a couple of tubes of Dan's BP gel and started using it a couple of days ago. The other thing I've been using is Basis gel to wash in the morning and evening, and I have had no problems with it since starting to use it a week ago. Back on topic... I applied Dan's gel the first night, and I woke up the next morning with bright red mini pimples on both of my cheeks and on my forehead above my eyes. I was shocked and have since seen those mini pimples get mini white heads. Last night I only applied Dan's BP gel to one side of my face and my forehead, and both of those areas are now visibly worse than the side I left alone.

Is this normal? Should I keep doing it? I've stopped the Basis just to see if I can make sure it's Dan's gel that's the problem (which it seems it is). What should I do?

Hmm, well to be honest with you it doesn't sound normal, and I've never heard of this happening before. I mean I would at first assume you're allergic, however you mentioned you have used Proactive for years, which main ingredient happens to be BP. So it's hard to say, I suggest you go see a dermatologist and find out what's going on.

Hi dear,

it seems like you are having the same problem as I'm having.

I've been on proactive for a few months--It worked well--acne stopped.

I didn't wanna go on with proactive because I am afraid whether it's gonna stop working for me someday as many people mention.

In order to prevent my future acne, I put Dan's BP gel this morning.

In few hours, I got acne.

I stopped using it after first try.

I am back on proactive, however, I wanna try new product other than proactive.

Once again, I don't want to get used to that product.

I suggest that you stop using Dan's gel for a few days.

Are you back on proactive ???

I have not experienced these things; as i only get a few pimples.

However, as i have read on these forums, many experiences a break out after using the Gel for the first time. Or any BP creme/gel after their first application.

However your skin should be used to the BP, for BP is both in the Cleanser,

& in the Renewel Creme- from ProActiv

Yet i suggest you continue with the application of the BP, for a further two weeks or more. Because i don't think getting more acne is necessarily an allergic reaction.

Rather your skin just getting used to the increased amount of the product.

I had a similar experience. I used Proactiv and it worked, but now it just causes my current blemishes to get worst, and when I used Dan's gel I got more pimples in areas I don't normally get any. But I read it's normal getting new blemishes when your on the "REGIMEN".

Personally, I coudn't stand the additional breakouts. Also, I think my skin has had it with BP. After using it for a few times, my face got extra dry, scaly, shiny, and my pimples were extra red, not to mention additional pimples....my face felt (and still does) chemically burnt.

Maybe I'm allergic. As of yesterday, I stopped using all Benzoyl Peroxide products and just wash with Dove (original white bar) and use an oil-free moisturizer with spf 15, my skin has calmed down a little.

Maybe you should take a break.

ummm. well for all of you who used Proactive shouldn't use REGIMEN i guessed because you all used Proactive and you have the same thing happening so i guessed it's the proactive .

Well, have you even considered being allergic to any other ingredient of Dan's BP gel?

Also, I was on Proactiv for about one full year before switching to this, and i am not having these problems. However, i was off proactive for about 3 weeks before the regimen.