Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Icon of Sin

What are easy ways to get rid of blackheads?

I don't know where to post this, so I'll just post it here. I have A LOT of blackheads on my nose (they cover my entire nose) and I just can't seem to squeeze them out! I just end up irritating my skin. Any tips?

I don't know where to post this, so I'll just post it here. I have A LOT of blackheads on my nose (they cover my entire nose) and I just can't seem to squeeze them out! I just end up irritating my skin. Any tips?

Same.

me too. and i haven't found a way to get rid of all of them yet. these might help:

- scrub gently to at least remove the top bits of blackheads, making them less visible. you can buy a scrub or diy, e.g. baking soda, salt w/ a bit of olive oil, etc.

- apply a cleansing mask, usually a clay mask, to suck out blackheads. e.g. qh mint julep.

This works for me.

Applying Glycolic Acid on your nose. It helps exfoliate, it helps diminish greatly. Do this for 2 weeks. After the two weeks buy some Pond's Nose Strips. Do not buy Biore, they suck.

At night soak your nose in hot water...then with a damp soft cloth or paper towel in hot water apply to your nose...you want to open up the pores. Soak the Pond's Strip in hot water quickly and apply to the nose and wait 15 minutes to completely dry.

I can tell you, a great majority of those blackheads will be removed. You would have to continue using Glycolic Acid to diminish the open pores or tiny scarring, depending how big the blackheads are, and to maintain the nose looking clean and having your pores clean. Use the Pond's strips once a month to keep your nose in check. :D

Picking at them is _not_ a good long-term solution. Eventually you are going to get enlarged pores and maybe some scarring. And they will just keep coming back.

I would start by trying regular jessfoliation (search on this site for "synthetic brush exfoliation" and you will get more info than you ever dreamed existed). Basically, it's a combination of mild cleanser, exfoliation with a battery-powered Oral B toothbrush, and fighting bacteria with neosporin cream. It's a great way to start because all the products are cheap and easy to come by.

If that doesn't work for you, try a topical retinoid. You can see the derm and get Retin-A or something like that, or, if you prefer OTC products, check this one out: www.greencream.com

I've been using the Level 6 and getting great results ... my pores are so much clearer now!

Q

Picking at them is _not_ a good long-term solution. Eventually you are going to get enlarged pores and maybe some scarring. And they will just keep coming back.

I would start by trying regular jessfoliation (search on this site for "synthetic brush exfoliation" and you will get more info than you ever dreamed existed). Basically, it's a combination of mild cleanser, exfoliation with a battery-powered Oral B toothbrush, and fighting bacteria with neosporin cream. It's a great way to start because all the products are cheap and easy to come by.

If that doesn't work for you, try a topical retinoid. You can see the derm and get Retin-A or something like that, or, if you prefer OTC products, check this one out: www.greencream.com

I've been using the Level 6 and getting great results ... my pores are so much clearer now!

Q

The only thing that ever got rid of my nose blackheads was using a topical retinoid.

I like using pore strips. They don't seem to have much of a lasting effect and definately don't get all the blackheads out.

Where can you buy Green Cream online? It's not available in my State. Does it work as well as expensive prescription like Retin-A, Tazorac, etc to remove pore clogging dead skin?

You can order Green Cream online from http://www.lindasy.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.100.exe/?E+scstore

Also, I am pretty sure there are other sites that sell it; they should be listed on the www.greencream.com site under "buy". Or, check on eBay. Last time I looked there was at least one seller who was offering free shipping.

I have used Retin-A and believe that Green Cream is quite similar in its effects, although it isn't supposed to be as strong. You definitely have to be just as cautious with it as you do with Retin-A or your face will turn bright red and peel like crazy.

Green Cream isn't cheap -- about $40 per jar -- but a little goes a long way. Also, I like not having the expense and hassle of seeing a dermatologist, filling a prescription, etc.

Q

hey i use Biore Deep cleansing pore strips. U know those strips that just strips awy the blackheads on ur nose. But theres a certain WAY to use it..if u wanna try it uhmm post or something.