Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

im really sorry, im sure this has been asked a billion times..

Hey! I apologize if this question has been asked a lot, but I didn't want to go searching through a bunch of messages. I currently use Klear Action.. and it pretty much stopped working a looong (after using proactiv for 2 years and klear action since this summer). I am ready to try the regimen but im extremely nervous that if I stop using Klear Action, then i'll get some horrible breakout. My plan is to get Purpose, neutrogena on the spot (until I order the BP gel), and neutrogena healthy skin with spf 15. Did anyone else who used proactiv break out after switching to the regimen? and what worked better for you? thanks so much :)

I didn't switch from Proactiv to the regimen, I have read others had some break-outs but both use BP as the main acne fighting ingredient it seems so I don't see why you would.

You look like you know how to use make-up and already have nice skin so if you did break-out initially I'm sure no one would know but you, GL.

I didn't switch from Proactiv to the regimen, I have read others had some break-outs but both use BP as the main acne fighting ingredient it seems so I don't see why you would.

You look like you know how to use make-up and already have nice skin so if you did break-out initially I'm sure no one would know but you, GL.

okay thank you =)

I was also planning on using 5% bp instead for a little while.. because I have used 10% all over my face before with barely any irritation or drying, so I don't think it really makes a difference whether I use 5% or 2.5%... does it? lol

I only used some 10pct face wash from Oxy, it wasn't a lotion/gel, it was just a wash I used 2 times a day and it dried me out pretty good and was OK but I still broke out a lot.

I been doing Dan's regi for about 5 months (Basis, Dan's BP, Eucerin) and I did get dry after the 1st few days and it lasted about 3 weeks....now I just get a little flush, I may try a diff moist cuz the Eucerin still stings a little after I put it on, but so far it's worked nice other than that....well maybe a diff moist for night time, I guess I will need something with SPF for the day.

Dan says that a good quality 2.5pct BP is just as effective as most 5 and even 10pct BP products...I trust him.

Don't take this as me being rude....but you look like buffy the vamp slayer, it's hard to imagine you need any BP products, do you have any pic's w/o make-up?

I only used some 10pct face wash from Oxy, it wasn't a lotion/gel, it was just a wash I used 2 times a day and it dried me out pretty good and was OK but I still broke out a lot.

I been doing Dan's regi for about 5 months (Basis, Dan's BP, Eucerin) and I did get dry after the 1st few days and it lasted about 3 weeks....now I just get a little flush, I may try a diff moist cuz the Eucerin still stings a little after I put it on, but so far it's worked nice other than that....well maybe a diff moist for night time, I guess I will need something with SPF for the day.

Dan says that a good quality 2.5pct BP is just as effective as most 5 and even 10pct BP products...I trust him.

Don't take this as me being rude....but you look like buffy the vamp slayer, it's hard to imagine you need any BP products, do you have any pic's w/o make-up?

Not yet.. I am going to try to get some up soon as soon as I can borrow my friends camera again lol. But BP is a MUST for me haha, i've been using it for about 3 years and I can't imagine what my skin would be like without it haha

I used 10% BP wash (Oxy Balance) and then 10% BP cream all over my face (Oxy as well) prior to starting the Regimen but started it because it wasn't working all that well. I was somewhat concerned that the Regimen didn't offer me anything since I was already using BP. The Regimen (and largely the CSR gel) ARE different though and they work better.

When I started the Regimen I used the full amount of 2.5% BP and didn't experience much drying. I did however suffer 2 evil breakouts during the first month (week 3 and week 4-5) that made my acne worse then it had ever been. Not everybody gets the early breakouts so hopefully you won't. If you can get through the first month though... the Regimen is worth it. I've just past month 3 and I'm doing great. My skin is continually getting clearer. I get a couple new ones every week or every other week but they're becoming less frequent and increasingly more mild.

Good luck!

I would advise against starting the regimen with Neutrogena Healthy Skin, as even now, a month in the regimen, I have to mix it with Cetaphil to prevent drying. Start with something simple like Cetaphil, then add other products as your skin adjusts.