Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nik_of_Time

Chest Acne

I have chest acne, very mild (2-3 zits) but they are VERY different from the type of acne I get on my face. They always form in the same around the same place, about 2/3 inches below the base of the neck. They are like white heads but they are VERY red and sensitive and usually stick around for weeks. I don't clean my chest in any special way (I just use soap), should I? I have to wear an undershirt and I can have my shirt undone at the top (I'm a guy btw). If anyone can shed a little light on my situation I would appreciate it.

I have chest acne, very mild (2-3 zits) but they are VERY different from the type of acne I get on my face. They always form in the same around the same place, about 2/3 inches below the base of the neck. They are like white heads but they are VERY red and sensitive and usually stick around for weeks. I don't clean my chest in any special way (I just use soap), should I? I have to wear an undershirt and I can have my shirt undone at the top (I'm a guy btw). If anyone can shed a little light on my situation I would appreciate it.

don't pop them or it may turn into a keloid scar

i had those, and i picked at them and it screwed me over

yah, thats how it started with me. me, they were like skin bumps, different from my face. sum were also looked like they were bug bites. they were all red and stuff.

one looked like i could pick it so i picked it and it spread across my chest. wat i did was clean it with a cloth scrubber and just regular soap. it mite seem like it doesn't go away at first, but then it gradually does. mine went away in about a month. but then, i didn't really care about my chest that much, i didn't even think about them, and before i knew it they were gone. i used dove soap. some people say to use this is bad, but it worked for me.

Using soap in general on your body isn't good. It cleans your skin, but it leaves stuff behind that clogs the pore. I suggest you use Neutrogena Body Scrub or some body acne treatment instead of soap. Dove is pretty good, though. So is some... other stuff, which I can't remember now.

Don't pick at them.

The only way I can control my acne on chest area is by using quinoderm cream, but it discolours clothing - so I need to wear white t shirt underneath!

Some weeks its ok, other weeks my chest breaks out in acne real bad

Clinique Acne Solutions Body Spray

Works very well, not expensive and will last FOREVER

This is from cosmeticscop.com. Hope it helps!

Acne Solutions Body Treatment Spray ($19.50 for 3.4 ounces) lists its second ingredient as alcohol, and it also contains peppermint. These add up to irritation and dryness, and that doesn't solve anything when it comes to acne.