Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I put salt on some acne i had and it made the spots smoother, and it feels kind of asleep the spot. Can putting salt make the acne worse? or should i continute useing it?,

Wow...I've never heard of that before. All I can say is don't rub it in, because the salt will scratch your skin. But why did you do this anyway? Just a thought? Very creative! :D

i've read everywhere thats its good for you, and people say it worked for them,so i wanna see if it will work.

hopefully it will.

the spot got a bit red, does anyone know if the redness will go away?

Wow...I've never heard of that before. All I can say is don't rub it in, because the salt will scratch your skin. But why did you do this anyway? Just a thought? Very creative! :D

i've read everywhere thats its good for you, and people say it worked for them,so i wanna see if it will work.

hopefully it will.

the spot got a bit red, does anyone know if the redness will go away?

Maybe I'll try it later if it works for you. If you keep it up and it works well, post your results.

The redness will probably go away...Sorry I can't be more helpful with that! :rolleyes:

I put salt on some acne i had and it made the spots smoother, and it feels kind of asleep the spot. Can putting salt make the acne worse? or should i continute useing it?,

I heard that sea water is good for acne so I guess it's the same concept. Both salt water.

Salt won't hurt, if I had in infection from a cut I always soaked it in a warm salt water bath to expel the puss.

YEAH! sea water definitely helps i think..! well my experience is whenever i go to beach and swim, it feels like all my acne is washed away. And you know how your face and whole body hurts if you swim in the sea for really longtime. So last summer, when i came home from the beach, i looked at the mirror and i was like wow! where did all those red bumps go? really my face was totally acne-free at that moment~and of course after few days i broke out again as usual...so my opinion is yes! i think sea water really helps with your acne~

i cant beleive someone started this post cos i was just about to. 3 days ago my auntie told me that salt water will get rid of my spots, i thought yeah right. but she told me to try it and see how it goes, so heres what i have been doing, washing my face with e45 cream wash (i think this is only available in th uk) then i fill the sink with water, luck warm, add salt ( about 2 tea sppons) then i soak my face with it, then put some salt in my hand with water and gently rub over my problem areas ( mainly my chin and jawline). in just 3 days all the redness has gone down and all the spots have dried up and are almost gone. i would say in a few more days they will be all gone. my overall skin tone is even better, but i am still oily.

now im not saying that it is working but there is a definate inprovement and all my family have noticed. i dont know if its the salt or what, but something is happening and i love it. i just hope it lasts.

i am going to carry on using the salt and will keep you updated.

by the way i have not had any news pimples since doing this and i usually get a few every day. and a cyst i had on my chin has cleared to almost invisible.

this is typical cos i have a derm appointment in few weeks which i have paid £100 for and my skin will prob look better than ever so they wont give me anything. but so long as its clear i dont care what solves it.

good luck all, i will kepp you posted

i cant beleive someone started this post cos i was just about to. 3 days ago my auntie told me that salt water will get rid of my spots, i thought yeah right. but she told me to try it and see how it goes, so heres what i have been doing, washing my face with e45 cream wash (i think this is only available in th uk) then i fill the sink with water, luck warm, add salt ( about 2 tea sppons) then i soak my face with it, then put some salt in my hand with water and gently rub over my problem areas ( mainly my chin and jawline). in just 3 days all the redness has gone down and all the spots have dried up and are almost gone. i would say in a few more days they will be all gone. my overall skin tone is even better, but i am still oily.

now im not saying that it is working but there is a definate inprovement and all my family have noticed. i dont know if its the salt or what, but something is happening and i love it. i just hope it lasts.

by the way i have not had any news pimples since doing this and i usually get a few every day. and a cyst i had on my chin has cleared to almost invisible.

this is typical cos i have a derm appointment in few weeks which i have paid £100 for and my skin will prob look better than ever so they wont give me anything. but so long as its clear i dont care what solves it.

I believe it works too. I haven't tried it but I did just read about it the other day and it was about splashing the face with salt water. The article I read said it was to help with the shine from oily skin too.

I may have to give this a try tonight.

I believe it works too. I haven't tried it but I did just read about it the other day and it was about splashing the face with salt water. The article I read said it was to help with the shine from oily skin too.

I may have to give this a try tonight.

try it the way i said cos its doing something for my skin. i think it does help shine but a little early to tell

Yeah whenever I go to the beach, my skin seems clearer. I currently haven't been using ANYTHING on my face except something to get my makeup off, which I think has been a mistake...not using anything. I've been researching on what I could use that I haven't already used that might help my skin, I think I'll try working with salt. Whats to lose?

When I get a bad breakout I make a salt and ACV thing. Use about 1 teaspoon salt and add a little ACV (just make it moist) put it on like a mask, let it dry, wash it off. After doing that just one time most of my whiteheads are gone. It really helped me :)

I've tried salt water (made up at home) because I noticed sea water was awesome for my acne. Didn't work as well, perhaps it's also other factors such as dead fish particles etc etc? Ah well, next time I goto the beach Ima bring home some buckets of sea water!

This is the first time I hear about this...but I would say that salt is very drying and irratating because my hands would stay stinging and red when I don't wash the salt completely off.

I know that I used sea salt (without Iodine) to speed up healing when I pierced my ears thats what salt does it speeds up healing...but I never tried it on acne. Don't plan to either cause I might break out. :eh:

wont the salt dry out ur skin??

when i started 4 days ago my skin was really dry, since using the salt it is better not dry at all, im soft and smooth

I've tried salt water (made up at home) because I noticed sea water was awesome for my acne. Didn't work as well, perhaps it's also other factors such as dead fish particles etc etc? Ah well, next time I goto the beach Ima bring home some buckets of sea water!

lol, i was thinking of doing that

i put salt on the spot and it made it all red, it made it worse, and it burned so much, so i think it'll like burn you, i tried bakeing soda and it works ok.

wont the salt dry out ur skin??

when i started 4 days ago my skin was really dry, since using the salt it is better not dry at all, im soft and smooth

ooo 4 days, well i cant go to school with a flaky face so i guess im gunna hveto wait till next break, which is spring break :cry:

just posting to say that the salt is definately doing something to my skin, im still getting new pimples, i did not for the 1st 4 days which is strange for me cos i get 2-3 a day.i am only getting 1 a day now. best effect is that it dries up old pimples fast and seems to be clearing red marks, also shine on my face is better.