Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hunter480

After trying everything, here's the answer

I have had very severe acne for about 12 years. Cystic acne...pimples...blackheads... I have tried everything under gods creation from every single OTC medication and ever prescription medication short of accutane. Benzy. Peroxide, Salic Acid, RetinA, Tazorac, Differen, EVERY topical, every brand of tetracycline, birth control....EVERYTHING. Treatments that would make me natious and dry my skin to the point where it was peeling in layers. 12 years and nothing has kept my skin clear. I had become so depressed and obsessive compulsive about my skin that I couldnt even leave the house, let alone look someone in the eye.

I went on B-5 (with the b complex) and in less than 5 days, not only had my skin become clear, I no longer had oily skin or hair. It closed my pores and made my skin look fantastic. It gave me the same "proposed" results as accutane.

I WANT you guys to try this. I could not believe how it worked and that it was THIS simple. I'll answer any questions. I dont want anyone to go through what I went through. Please ask! After 12 years and hundreds of thousands on cures...this worked.

I have had very severe acne for about 12 years. Cystic acne...pimples...blackheads... I have tried everything under gods creation from every single OTC medication and ever prescription medication short of accutane. Benzy. Peroxide, Salic Acid, RetinA, Tazorac, Differen, EVERY topical, every brand of tetracycline, birth control....EVERYTHING. Treatments that would make me natious and dry my skin to the point where it was peeling in layers. 12 years and nothing has kept my skin clear. I had become so depressed and obsessive compulsive about my skin that I couldnt even leave the house, let alone look someone in the eye.

I went on B-5 (with the b complex) and in less than 5 days, not only had my skin become clear, I no longer had oily skin or hair. It closed my pores and made my skin look fantastic. It gave me the same "proposed" results as accutane.

I WANT you guys to try this. I could not believe how it worked and that it was THIS simple. I'll answer any questions. I dont want anyone to go through what I went through. Please ask! After 12 years and hundreds of thousands on cures...this worked.

Yeah a lot of people on this board have had great success with Vitamin B5, mainly from the Vilante website in conjunction with a complete Vit-B Supplement.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for many people either and has made others a lot worse in the long run. Nobody is sure about the exact side-effects of this supplement, but mass-dosing long-term surely can't be healthy just like doing so on Accutane wouldn't be. Also, Vit-B5 is not just simply 'excreted' via urine like people say, some of the unused elements will stay in your system for a short period of time.

Congratulations though and thank you for sharing your experience! ;)

10 grams a day plus the B-complex pill. (20 pills a day--4 sets of 5) (these are 500mg pills) Took it for a month...my skin cleared up... then backed off the pills slowly....taking less and less every week (the next month) and now I take only one vitamin b-5 plus the complex a day---which...is your daily allowance/recommendation. Right before my period, I may take extra vitamin b-5 to keep the oil production low.

i still use a very small amount of retin-A on my t-zone area to make sure i dont get blackheads.

Yeah a lot of people on this board have had great success with Vitamin B5, mainly from the Vilante website in conjunction with a complete Vit-B Supplement.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for many people either and has made others a lot worse in the long run. Nobody is sure about the exact side-effects of this supplement, but mass-dosing long-term surely can't be healthy just like doing so on Accutane wouldn't be. Also, Vit-B5 is not just simply 'excreted' via urine like people say, some of the unused elements will stay in your system for a short period of time.

Congratulations though and thank you for sharing your experience! ;)

It made sense to me...after trying to control the oil on my skin, killing the bacteria, and keeping my pores open...that the problem was that my skin was just naturally producing too much oil that it could not get rid of properly. the original study had said that we DO NOT get en ough vitamin B from the food we eat (due to the processing)and it seemed as simple as that. when i looked at the list of foods that actually contain B-5 I wasnt surpised why I could be lacking it....I hardly eat any of them. It was just all along that I was NOT getting my vitamins. I used the extra B vitamin for a little over two months to dry out my skin, now I use nothing more than the daily recommendations of how much vitamin B you should be getting from your diet. I would never recommend to anyone that they Megadose on anything long term!!! But it is usually needed in many cases to "kickstart" the effects of a treatment. hope you guys give it a try!

I was very excited when I discovered B5 - so I ordered three bottles from Vilantae.com and started right away in November '05. Unfortunately, it didn't do a think for me. I was so optimistic that it would help reduce the oily nauture of my greasy skin, but no such luck for me!

I know some people rave about it, and I sure wish I was one of them. Alas, I started Accutane 12 days ago. B5 was my last resort.

One note: I was on Minocycline while taking the B5. I don't know if they would have interfered with each other, but the Vilantae web site says B5 shouldn't interact with other medications.

I was very excited when I discovered B5 - so I ordered three bottles from Vilantae.com and started right away in November '05. Unfortunately, it didn't do a think for me. I was so optimistic that it would help reduce the oily nauture of my greasy skin, but no such luck for me!

I know some people rave about it, and I sure wish I was one of them. Alas, I started Accutane 12 days ago. B5 was my last resort.

One note: I was on Minocycline while taking the B5. I don't know if they would have interfered with each other, but the Vilantae web site says B5 shouldn't interact with other medications.

its weird....the more i learn..when after 12 years you'd think id be an expert!! the more i think about it...i am going to say its really "what is causing your particular acne" is what will work for you. i have also heard that the quality of the B vitamin makes a difference... (i used Twin labs). ive heard from others that certain ones have worked for people and others have not. i had tried most tetracyclines (doycylcline as a MONOHYDRATE--(not hyclate) was the only one that ever made a difference (about two months) but that was it. nothing worked or prevented the deep cycts from forming.

I just got soooooo excited when something this simple worked for me and after all those years of torture, to have skin THAT BAD .... it was a simple LACK of a natural vitamin! Id hope that some people DO try this route before approaching accutane. I have heard that your body will eventally develop a tolerance to antibiotics, but vitamins, your body will always need!

im not selling anything.... i am just soooooo excited to have wonderful skin! I just want to help everyone I can. I am not lying when I say that I used to spend 2/3 hours a day obsessing over my skin condition-- it had just been so bad for so long that it had controlled my lifestyle. I just want to help everyone---if their problem is as SIMPLE as mine was.

Yasmin (birthcontrol)...was the only other thing I am on. It had amazing effects in clearing up body acne (sorry boys....not for you!) but never helped the acne on my face.

seriously...i went from days/weeks where I wouldnt leave the house, deep cysts/scabs/scars/dry skin--- years of not being able to even make eye contact with anyone. and now I will go up to my friends and say "look at how nice my skin looks!!!!!" i am just so excited to be "free".

hunter480, hey I'm sold. I'll try it. I'll go out at lunch today and buy the B5 and B-complex pill. Do any major chains (GNC, etc.) carry the Twinlabs B5? I would like to try that one or any of the more expensive brands and well-known brand names.

A little about me - I'm a 31 year old male. Accutane worked for me years ago but that was because I had an awesome family doctor who gave it to me for an extended period of time...he has since retired. Acne has returned again due to stress (relationships, work) and now persists, mainly because of the stress I endure because of the acne. Acne causes my stress and stress causes my acne. To break that cycle sounds easy on paper but I've tried for nearly two years now with no success, so I need an anlternative. Anything (much like Accutane) that may reduce the oil production of my skin is worth a shot. I was going to order Accutane online form an overseas website, and I would in a heartbeat if I wasn't afraid of getting scammed. I won't waste time with dermatologists who will just reject me and tell me my face "ain't that bad" and everything is fine.(yeah, everything IS FINE when your skin is clear your whole life, isn't it?)

Basically, I just need a couple of months or so consecutively where I do not have to deal with this problem. That will help me break the cycle of stress and worry which now sustains the acne to begin with.

So I'll follow up with a post and let you all know how it goes...

hunter480, hey I'm sold. I'll try it. I'll go out at lunch today and buy the B5 and B-complex pill. Do any major chains (GNC, etc.) carry the Twinlabs B5? I would like to try that one or any of the more expensive brands and well-known brand names.

A little about me - I'm a 31 year old male. Accutane worked for me years ago but that was because I had an awesome family doctor who gave it to me for an extended period of time...he has since retired. Acne has returned again due to stress (relationships, work) and now persists, mainly because of the stress I endure because of the acne. Acne causes my stress and stress causes my acne. To break that cycle sounds easy on paper but I've tried for nearly two years now with no success, so I need an anlternative. Anything (much like Accutane) that may reduce the oil production of my skin is worth a shot. I was going to order Accutane online form an overseas website, and I would in a heartbeat if I wasn't afraid of getting scammed. I won't waste time with dermatologists who will just reject me and tell me my face "ain't that bad" and everything is fine.(yeah, everything IS FINE when your skin is clear your whole life, isn't it?)

Basically, I just need a couple of months or so consecutively where I do not have to deal with this problem. That will help me break the cycle of stress and worry which now sustains the acne to begin with.

So I'll follow up with a post and let you all know how it goes...

GNC carries their own brand...and ive heard its not as good and the pills are a bit larger. i also took extra zinc, copper and biotin, once a day because I had heard they also help. If your bad skin is caused by the same thing mine was...then this should help. I had also thought about ordering accutane overseas (thats how depressed and desperate I was!!!) despite all the dangers, but I'd never be able to know if it was doing an serious damage to my liver, ect. B-5 is also supposed to "reduce" stress as well. Good luck!!!

So, one week in and let me just say without a doubt that B5 is working for me. I figure another week, two at the most and I'll be 100% cleared up aside from some scarring which will be dealt with by a generic pharmacy brand scar gel. (I use CVS)

For the record, I'm using the Twinlabs B5, 500mg pills at a rate of 20 pills per day, that's 4x5 spaced apart roughly six hours and with food. I'm also taking the Twinlabs Stress B-Complex, 2 pills per day, which at some point I'll scale back to one a day. And also a Centrum Performance multivitamin or the CVS brand knockoff, whichever one I happen to have in. Eventually I'll scale back the B5 too but first things first let's get the face cleared up before we worry about that. I actually went to GNC first and bought their B5 because they didn't have the Twinlabs and then I went to Vitamin Shoppe and they had Twinlabs so I'll keep the GNC on hand as backup. It probably doesn't matter which one a person takes...if it is going to work it will work and that's that.

Even though I had an eruption this week, they are smaller and going away as fast as they came out and this I'm sure is due to the noticable decrease in sebum production. If like me your problem has always been due to sheer volume of sebum then you want to consider trying this. Topical treatments simply NEVER worked for me. I personally have no side effects to speak of so far. There are also a couple of treatment products out there using B5 such as Clear 5. The only possible merit I see over the regular vitamin products is that it claims to be a time-release formula so you take less pills. For now, I'll stick with what is working for me...

Thanks, hunter480!

So, one week in and let me just say without a doubt that B5 is working for me. I figure another week, two at the most and I'll be 100% cleared up aside from some scarring which will be dealt with by a generic pharmacy brand scar gel. (I use CVS)

For the record, I'm using the Twinlabs B5, 500mg pills at a rate of 20 pills per day, that's 4x5 spaced apart roughly six hours and with food. I'm also taking the Twinlabs Stress B-Complex, 2 pills per day, which at some point I'll scale back to one a day. And also a Centrum Performance multivitamin or the CVS brand knockoff, whichever one I happen to have in. Eventually I'll scale back the B5 too but first things first let's get the face cleared up before we worry about that. I actually went to GNC first and bought their B5 because they didn't have the Twinlabs and then I went to Vitamin Shoppe and they had Twinlabs so I'll keep the GNC on hand as backup. It probably doesn't matter which one a person takes...if it is going to work it will work and that's that.

Even though I had an eruption this week, they are smaller and going away as fast as they came out and this I'm sure is due to the noticable decrease in sebum production. If like me your problem has always been due to sheer volume of sebum then you want to consider trying this. Topical treatments simply NEVER worked for me. I personally have no side effects to speak of so far. There are also a couple of treatment products out there using B5 such as Clear 5. The only possible merit I see over the regular vitamin products is that it claims to be a time-release formula so you take less pills. For now, I'll stick with what is working for me...

Thanks, hunter480!

its great right? all my friends think i'm a health vitamin freak, but it works like magic!! im glad it worked!

so your saying to take 20 pills per day of vitmain b5(with B complex)...

now am cuurently on tetra will that be ok to take it with it....I take one pill a day of 250mg ......

and I wouldnt be harming my body right?

so just the 20 pills a day right (just lol)

You're right this is the wrong forum, but I would like to share my experience.

I also tried Vilantae, had really high hopes, but it was yet another flop. But I wasn't ready to give up. I ordered Clear5 B complex from www.acne-vitamins.com and have found that it works much better. Their tablets are time release so you don't have to take as many as often. And they are much less expensive than the Vilantae. I am not affiliated with them in any way, just providing my own experience.

Of course, I should probably add that I started taking the Clear5 around the same time I started a completely different skin regimen, so it's impossible to know what part (or if all) of it is what's helping.

so you sure this is safe enoguh to take without the heads up from a doctor

A couple of notes about B5:

Vilantae has a money back guarantee. If you try three bottles, which takes about two months and costs about $120, and it doesn't work, they will refund your money plus $50. I just sent my bottles back a few days ago. We'll see if they come up with the cash.

By the way if anyone is going to purchase Vilantae, I have a few codes for $10 discounts on an order that I won't be using, so just let me know if you would like one.

One reason I chose Vilantae is because their pills have the other B vitamins in them, so you shouldn't need a B complex in addition to their supplements. I don't know if everything was in the right proportion, but I assumed it would be.

Unfortunately, Vilantae didn't work for me and I'm now on my fourth week of Accutane and my skin is dry, dry, dry! I mean dry in a good way so that I actually feel like a normal person again. I'm not done breaking out yet, but it's still early. I'm very optimistic that this will work. If I start getting oily again after Accutane, I may try some B5 and see if that helps (perhaps Twin Labs).

It would be interesting to know if others who tried Vilantae had success on another type of B5.

b5 was useless for me and this thread is in the wrong place

If this thread being listed under Prescription acne medications helps one more person like it did me then I think it is in the right place. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

so you sure this is safe enoguh to take without the heads up from a doctor

I'm definitely not sure of that. I chose not to speak to any doctors about it because I imagined they would only discourage me. Anyone uncomfortable with possible risks should definitely speak to a doctor first. For me personally, I relied upon my own research. I had actually stumbled upon the Clear 5 and Vilantae websites in the past and figured it was 100% bs. But I was looking for any good info how to buy Accutane without a prescription, which is what I was doing under "Presciption acne medications" in the first place when I came across this thread and decided to try B5 and also look into the science behind it a little deeper. So instead of finding one website, I found a few that discussed the benefits of B5 as far as possible reduction in sebum is concerned. Even a few websites that weren't trying to sell anything which gave it enough credibility in my eyes.

becsue that many pills a day is way too much...u pee it out anyway...why not like 3-5 pills a day

becsue that many pills a day is way too much...u pee it out anyway...why not like 3-5 pills a day

The best way I can think of is that you need enough vitamin B, and a constant flow of it, to make your body make the enzymes and stop the oil production... there may be a small amount needed in reality...but because not all the B vitamins you take are used as effiecntly by the body as you'd like to believe they are, you have to supply your body with more than enough surplus to make sure that even though some gets wasted, or never used at all....it gets to use AT LEAST(and has access to) this ammout.

If this thread being listed under Prescription acne medications helps one more person like it did me then I think it is in the right place. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

I agree...I'm sorry its not a prescription medication, but I guess I just wanted to draw attention to the people who have realized that their problem has nothing to do with topicals, skin shedding or bactieria, but just simply too much oil production. A lot of people (like me) who were obsessed with Antibioitics or pills, cleaning themselves from the inside out.... I too was about to order accutane from Europe despite its health risks. Ive learned that everyones body is different, and I know people who have had to start on a stronger more consistant dose of B5 just to get the ball rolling but are now down to a maintence dose. Id rather see someone take a few extra B vitamins than accutane that can cause night blindness and liver problems!!!

Sorry it didnt work for you, but again, I've heard people say there is a difference in the type of B vitamin (quality) used. I'd imagine that regular B vitamins plus a complex would work better than Vilante

last time i got vitamin advice, the guy working sold me on whole food vitamins. He explained to me that the vitamins were extracted from natural food rather than made synthetically. He said they were better for you many times over. Has anyone heard of this or tried these?

The best way I can think of is that you need enough vitamin B, and a constant flow of it, to make your body make the enzymes and stop the oil production... there may be a small amount needed in reality...but because not all the B vitamins you take are used as effiecntly by the body as you'd like to believe they are, you have to supply your body with more than enough surplus to make sure that even though some gets wasted, or never used at all....it gets to use AT LEAST(and has access to) this ammout.

I agree...I'm sorry its not a prescription medication, but I guess I just wanted to draw attention to the people who have realized that their problem has nothing to do with topicals, skin shedding or bactieria, but just simply too much oil production. A lot of people (like me) who were obsessed with Antibioitics or pills, cleaning themselves from the inside out.... I too was about to order accutane from Europe despite its health risks. Ive learned that everyones body is different, and I know people who have had to start on a stronger more consistant dose of B5 just to get the ball rolling but are now down to a maintence dose. Id rather see someone take a few extra B vitamins than accutane that can cause night blindness and liver problems!!!

Sorry it didnt work for you, but again, I've heard people say there is a difference in the type of B vitamin (quality) used. I'd imagine that regular B vitamins plus a complex would work better than Vilante

i used b5clearskin.com and it did nto work, besides anything else it costs a small fortune, accutane is free for me in the uk. as it may be for a lot of people in the us through their insurance. i just think that b5 is a scam and waste of money. but thats not to say that it wont work for others. good luck to you all using it and i hope it does work for you. we are all different and i think different things cause acne in us all.

what is the difference between Vitamin B and B -complex?

Vitamin B is Pantothenic Acid. (b5) the b complex is all the b vitamins in one pill. the science behind the b vitamins is that they all need to be present to work....