Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kel

pregnancy after roaccutane

hi guy's i want to start having babies and i wondered if anyone has had children after tane on this website who can share with me how long i have to wait?

my derm said a mth is fine, but im concerned this is too soon?

kelly

hi guy's i want to start having babies and i wondered if anyone has had children after tane on this website who can share with me how long i have to wait?

my derm said a mth is fine, but im concerned this is too soon?

kelly

Sorry Kel but I am a bloke, just voicing my opinion or advice, however you want to look at it.

I would definately wait longer to make absolutely sure that the tne was out my system. Does it really matter that you wait a little longer? 3 months I reckon would be more than sufficient, a month is a bit too risky!

Good luck to you. ;)

this was my feeling 3-6mths. my derm said that a mth was more than enough studys have shown no problems after 16 dys post tane, however im inclined to agree with you.

:D

this was my feeling 3-6mths. my derm said that a mth was more than enough studys have shown no problems after 16 dys post tane, however im inclined to agree with you.

I would advise waiting for more then a few months also. Why rush into this?

Yeah, give it a few months Kel. Better be safe than sorry - just get some good sexual practice in with contraception in prep for the big one! ;)

I would advise waiting for more then a few months also. Why rush into this?

I agree, it isn't a risk worth taking....the one thing any new mom wants is a healthy baby, right!? So please hold off.

There is not a single known pregnancy with Accutane induced birth defects after 16 days of being off the med, and Accutane related birth defects are extremely well-studied. The fetus must be directly exposed to Accutane in the bloodstream to cause the birth defects. Roche recommends two months (edit: i was mistaken - they only recommend one month) to be on the safe side, but there is absolutely no reason to wait longer than that - as far as Accutane exposure goes.

thanks guys' i have no ontention of rushing into it i was just asking everyones opinions and wondered if there was anyone on the baord who had had experience first hand, well i plan to wait 4-6 Mths.

bloody hell someone else said she heard you should wait a couple of years!!! eh???

i guess some people think if your skin continues to be clear it must be in your system still.

thanks you have helped alot , well i decided with my other half to wait 6 mths as wwe need to safe cash anyways.

kelly :boohoo: