Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Long_Term_Acne

Benzaclin / Benzamycin

Is there that much difference between the effectiveness of these products? I'm on benzamycin at the minute and I'm thinking of swapping over to Benzaclin(Duac) to see if it helps? If anyone on here has used both, I'd be interested to hear how you got on. Thanks

Hi, well I was on that at first if it's the one that you have to store in the fridge? Well anyway it worked abit but my Doctor changed me to Duac and I must say Duac has worked wonders you put it on before you goto bed and it takes the spots right down. It works really well for me. I finished Accutane 7 months ago though so I don't have acne as bad as before and maybe that's why mine go away quicker but yeah Duac is a must.

Well just ask her about it just say could I be put on Duac and she will either say yes or no there's no harm in asking. It really depends what other stuff you've been on as well really.

Hi. i'm a long term benzamycin user and i've been pondering the benzaclin switch too. The main difference is that benzaclin doesn't have to be refridgerated and is easier to mix. benzamycin is notorious for being mixed incorrectly (a manufactuer flaw where every batch is different) i get very tired of being burned with one batch and open another and its full of clumps. Benzamycin works for me tho which is why i haven't swtiched but if you do please tell me how it goes!

i know!! its frustrating. i have to keep sending mine back. its pissing me off. i think i may be able to salvage the most recent batch but its annoying.

Hopefully I can get an appointment tomorrow, so I'll report back then!

I have to agree with you, I'm 35 been with acne since 13yrs old. And long long ago my

dermatologist said it has nothing to do with what you eat, the only thing I do find that works is

the prescription medicines that are prescribed they may not clear me completely but they help with the

breakouts I have during PMS. My only problem now is that I live in the poconos and there is only

one derm here and he will not prescribe what I ask for, I know what works for me I have had acne for long

enough and a great derm in NJ that I use to see had my skin clear.