Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When I first went on accutane I started getting real bad cysts around my temples were I never had a spot before. Because of these cysts I had to go on a reduced dose of tane and go on steroids. Now I'm looking at my temples and I can see 2 or 3 shallow scars. I'm so pissed of. I've always hated looking at scars on peoples temples and now I've got them but not because of me but because of tane. Now I've got a bunch of new scars to add to the ones i already have.

I hate my life.

Hey collegegeek...I know what you mean...scars are fucking shit.

I do not know if it is good to use blue light when you are on roaccutane, but if it is I would try it out.

As for the scars: Personally I would NOT try laser and stuff. It's simply too risky. First I would try Tretinoin-iontophoresis. It has been proven to improve scars.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...0&dopt=Abstract

Hey thanks zxc, not sure if i'll do anything about scars until I'm of the tane, i'll be going to derm at end of month so maybe she'll tell me something more abt treatments.

Hey thanks zxc, not sure if i'll do anything about scars until I'm of the tane, i'll be going to derm at end of month so maybe she'll tell me something more abt treatments.

I'm really sorry collegegeek .. but I really know how that is. I already had a lot of scars on my face from being attacked by a dog before I got acne. Then I got acne, and the scars that came with it.

How deep are they? I had some minor indents in my skin on my cheeks (where I got a huge initial outbreak on accutane), and after about 2 years it seemed to feel in. My derm said I could try microdermabrasion when she saw me after accutane, and then I went again for retin a a year ago and she said my skin looks great. So there is hope.

How deep are they? I had some minor indents in my skin on my cheeks (where I got a huge initial outbreak on accutane), and after about 2 years it seemed to feel in. My derm said I could try microdermabrasion when she saw me after accutane, and then I went again for retin a a year ago and she said my skin looks great. So there is hope.

They seem very shallow and red, only noticed them today. Got the cysts about 3 months ago. My cheek scars are deeper, especially one which feels to me like a whole in my face. Its horrible, gettin very up and down about them over the holidays, even though this is by far the best Christmas and NYE I've ever had.