Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You've always been told not to touch your face. Well, hows sleeping on the same pillowcase for days or weeks effecting your acne? Not good. What I do is put a clean pillowcase on my pillow, sleep, the next night flip the pillow, sleep, then change it. It does help, I've noticed a huge difference in doing that. It's hard to remember at first, but now it's part of my routine and I dont even think about doing it anymore, I just do it.

I've been doing this for a couple of weeks now and yeah i've seen a huge difference. Sometimes i forget but after a while you can lie on your pillow and feel if it's been slept on or not.

Lee.

Supprised it works. Cus it like saying Acne is dirty 'wash your face' when it cant be helped, but if you guys realy recommend it, I shall do it?

It worked for me, Posh. Why wash your face at night, only to place it on a dirty pillowcase. Your face spends a lot of time on a pillowcase at night, might as well be a clean one.

I change my pillowcase everynight.. it works.. but it's also good to try to not have your face touch the pillow a lot.. if you can sleep on your back.. that's the best..

I agree about changing pillowcases, but I just want to add a quick thought. When you flip your pillowcase on the second day, don't forget that you're getting the bacteria from your sheets (unless you're changing those every other day, too). When you sleep on the flipped side, you get the bacteria from the sheets that got on them from all of the previously flipped pillows (flipped after they've been slept on). It's still better than changing your pillowcase once every few weeks, but if you want to have absolutely clean pillowcase every single night, then you need to change it every day, or change your pillowcase and your sheets every other day.

Good idea, I didn't think of posting about the sheets. What I do is place a towel undermy pillow when I change it, and then when I change the pillowcase I change the towel as well and wash them both. Although I do wash my sheets every Sat. or more if I just feel the need. I notice that I even sleep better, I guess because I feel more comfortable at night.

You know I actually don't know if acne bacteria can survive for 15+ hrs on cloth... if they can, then frequent pillow-case changing would help. If not then the usual every 1-2weeks is probably plenty.

I am almost certain it does survive. Sleeping on slobber, dead skin cells and countless of other bacteria skeeves me. I'd rather change my pillowcase and be safe. I've found countless sites that say to help (prevent) acne, change your pillowcase.

http://www.beautyriot.com/article.php?id=1705&c_id=8

http://www.mamashealth.com/skin/preacne.asp

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/65/72...0000_8000_to_14