Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im using differin gel and have been on it for about 4 weeks and im not really seeing any spectacular improvement. i was just wondering if anyone knew what cleansers are the best to use with differin because i have been on clinique, proactiv, and alot of others and my skin looks like crap. i need help to see which cleansers are the best to use and not make my face look bad and keep my complexion nice and not saggy. PLEASE HELP ME!

im using cetaphil mild soap w/ differin at night im on 3 wks of using differin w/ dorys (antibiotic) and juliet 35 (bc) and my skin looks crap.like burn red, its like a map on my right chin! too embarass to go out, as if everyones eye on me.esp kids.

ihear differin works wonders in time tho. thats the only reason im using it and not going back on proactiv,proactiv just hurts my face to much. is neutrogenas oil free deep clean cream cleanser ok to use?

I'm using Serious Skin Cares Glycolic cleanser in the morning and Murads Soothing Gel cleanser at night. My skin is very dry yet is producing a ton of oil! I've been on Differin for about 12 days and my pimples have not gotten really worse or anything but i'm just dry, peely and a little red. This is some harsh stuff!!!

I'm using "La roche-posay effaclar" cleanser that was prescribed by me derm..along with differin in am and benzolye peroxide..i'm almost at week 3 and so far so pimples and my redness are somewhat reducing...hopefully it stays like that and keep\s going down \rather then up...hopefully

I was on differin for a long time! At least a year and it did nothing for me! I now use Duac and it works alot better! Its more expensive but if it works that doesn't matter. Ask your doctor what he would recommend for you.

I'm using Serious Skin Cares Glycolic cleanser in the morning and Murads Soothing Gel cleanser at night. My skin is very dry yet is producing a ton of oil! I've been on Differin for about 12 days and my pimples have not gotten really worse or anything but i'm just dry, peely and a little red. This is some harsh stuff!!!

the only thing I have learned from attempting to dry out yoru skin...is that it will only produce MORE oil. after trying everything, ive found that you have to work from the inside out. I went on the vitamin b kick and in a week it worked wonders!!!!

the only thing I have learned from attempting to dry out yoru skin...is that it will only produce MORE oil. after trying everything, ive found that you have to work from the inside out. I went on the vitamin b kick and in a week it worked wonders!!!!

Hey, I've been on B5 for almost 2 months and it definitly keeps alot of pimples away but doesnt do anything for my oil nor does it help the tiny bumps (which is why i'm on Differin)...Which B vitamins do you take and how have they helped your skin? I know some B vitamins make you breakout

I'm bumping this thread up because I have some questions!!

1.) For the people who have used Differin and are using it, what week did you get the initial breakout and how long did it last (i'd like specifics if thats possible)?

2.) I'm almost at my 2-week mark and so far I havent really gotten worse, it just makes my skin dry and it makes the bumps that I do have redder (which makes it look worse, but I havent really gotten any new ones)....Will the redness subside and will my skin eventually get used to it?

3.) Does Differin help with oily skin at all? I know you have to give this treatment time but does it have any effect on the structure of the pores or the pore linings?

Thanks guys!