Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PhaceOff

What type of acne is this?

I've had this type of acne for close to 6-7 years now... they look like enlarged pores with solid white material inside those pores.. sometimes the white stuff fall out of the pores easily or you can just pick them or squeeze gently and they will come out.. but the problem is the white stuff seems to COME BACK after you've removed them from the enlarged pores..

I know there are people with this type of acne.. but what exactly is this? What can you do to prevent the white stuff from reappearing inside the pores? Are there any ways to decrease or close these pores? This type of acne makes my face look like there's a lot of holes.. it's terrible.. please let me know what you've done to slow down this type of 'enlarged pore' acne with solid white stuff in them.. thanks.. no one seems to know anyway to stop this type of acne..

just sounds like clogged pores.. i have the same problem but its gotten better.. i found that if you squeeze everything out of them, exfoliating helps keeping them from coming back.. i dont think your pores will ever be small.. they might be smaller but you will still probably be able to see them.. the pores beside my nose are smaller now since they dont relaly have blackheads in them anymore but i can still see them.. especially in sun light.

just sounds like clogged pores.. i have the same problem but its gotten better.. i found that if you squeeze everything out of them, exfoliating helps keeping them from coming back.. i dont think your pores will ever be small.. they might be smaller but you will still probably be able to see them.. the pores beside my nose are smaller now since they dont relaly have blackheads in them anymore but i can still see them.. especially in sun light.

what are you using to exfoliate?

You need to exfoliate (gently) and use a topical retinoid -- that will gradually clear out your pores. If you go to the dermatologist, you can get Retin-A or something like that. If you prefer OTC products, check this out:

www.greencream.com

I've been using the Level 6 and getting great results ... my pores are MUCH clearer now.

Q