Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
proactivhelp

Questions Before I Start the Clear Skin Regimen

Ok, Is Dan's Regimen the one at the top right of the forum? If so I have checked it and it seems pretty good.

Things I will need:

1. Purpose Cleanser

2. Eucerin Skin Renewal Moisturizer

3. 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide

These are the products I chose, and although the regimen is time consuming I am willing to give it a shot, and also where can I find #3? Thanks.

Also I wanted to know how you can tell/figure out how and if your skin is sensitive or not. In addition, is it ok to only use the regimen once per day? Preferably in the night? And how long does it take to see improvements through this regimen?

Thanks.

Guest yahyah

trial and error, my friend. JUST be very careful with your skin, definately moisturise... and only put BP on the areas currently with or prone to acne.. not your whole face and definately no where near your eyes. Put moisturiser on the non-bp areas first, then BP to those acne prone areas, then wait 15mins then moisturise on top of the bp - don't spread moisturiser all over your face cos it will spread the BP with it. EXPECT dryness, and potentially a wrose break out at first - this is because the BP is bringing acne to the surface. You should expect to see results anytime between a week and 5 weeks, though maybe sooner or longer. Its all about perseverance - don't quit too soon. If you start using bp, when you stop before you're clear you'll break out. The regimen does work, but you must give it time x good luck x

If Eucerin is the moisturizer with AHA in it, I don't believe you're supposed to use it at the beginning. AHA - alpha hydroxy acid or something. Someone else will know specifically...

I think everyone else answered most of your questions.

As for where to find 2.5% bp, it depends on where you live. You can either order Dan's Clearskin regimen gel from this www.acnesupplies.com or you can see what you have available in stores in your area.

In the US, there is Neutrogena on-the-spot readily available at Walmart and other stores, there is also CVS brand available at CVS stores.

In the UK there is an Oxy product that is 2.5%, there is also Panoxyl available in some areas, I think Canada, but might not be sure.

Let us know where you live and we can give you ideas, or you can order Dan's gel.

Hey. I just started Dans regimen about a week ago and I'm already seeing a massive improvement. You can go to my pictures to check out how much it's improved already if you want. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...lbum&album=2065

For the 2.5% bp, I am using Neutrogena on the spot acne treatment vanishing formula. It's working great. Like Brandy said, you should be able to find it at walmart.

If your skin is sensitive it will probably get really red and irritated when you do the bp and the regimen. Just be gentle and don't scrub anything too hard. Also use a little bit of bp and then gradually increase the amount. I'd recommend doing the regimen twice a day but i guess it depends on how severe your acne is. Mine was pretty bad so that's why I'm doing it twice. Also, it really isn't as time consuming as it seems. And it's well worth it.

Good luck!

Ok so after you apply the BP, you wait 15 minutes and apply the moisturizer on top of it?

Also, will physical activities resulting in sweat and dirtyness affect the regimen? For Example, can I just wash my face with water after say playing a sport or will it affect the regimen in any way?

I just started the regiment today and am in such a good mood. I've been clearing up naturally these past few weeks and I believe the regiment will finally put an end to this shit.

Ahh so happy for some reason now!!!!!! :D:D

Have a good day everyone and don't let any of this stuff keep you down you are all beautiful!!!

Ok so after you apply the BP, you wait 15 minutes and apply the moisturizer on top of it?

Also, will physical activities resulting in sweat and dirtyness affect the regimen? For Example, can I just wash my face with water after say playing a sport or will it affect the regimen in any way?

Bump...

Bump...

Dan explains it all on the website. Watch the videos several times, that will probably help you the most. Stick with the regimin with no changes for a while - until you are sure you know how it works for you - before you make changes. Good luck.

dont think the eucerin is recommended if your just starting out

only apply bp in the morning and evenings, if you play sport gently wash your face and gently pat dry, moisturize if necessary.