Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jess111

acne causing foods

From doing some research I see that sugars, dairy, bread and wheat tend to make most people break out.

Dumb question....is whole grain stuff ok, are there any good breads out there to eat?

Guest tenshigirl25

i think whole ground is ok..with the grains..because it comes from the ground and isnt fake like white bread.

From doing some research I see that sugars, dairy, bread and wheat tend to make most people break out.

Dumb question....is whole grain stuff ok, are there any good breads out there to eat?

See a pattern?

If you want to cure acne eat only fruits and veggies! :rolleyes:

nuts and ham, sausage,any pork product. I know that nuts are supposed to be good for you, but darn, they break out my neck and I just recently discovered that it is the hormones in the pork products that affect me. So have to be careful, a lot of chinese food has peanut oil in it, baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad for my neck, its the only place that breaks out because of that stuff. and i love chinese food! So, have been trying to find a way to lessen those break outs, if any one has suggestions, I'd love to hear about them. thanks

Where is the research you are doing this? If its on the Diet/Holistic section of this board do not pay attention. Most of that stuff is extreme crap. Ask your derm, they'll tell you straight up there is no link between diet and acne.

Healthy eating and healthy lifestyle contribute to better skin, but if your skin is prone to acne no amount of good eating and excerise will change that fact. (Sorry, I know, its sad but true.)

nuts and ham, sausage,any pork product. I know that nuts are supposed to be good for you, but darn, they break out my neck and I just recently discovered that it is the hormones in the pork products that affect me. So have to be careful, a lot of chinese food has peanut oil in it, baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad for my neck, its the only place that breaks out because of that stuff. and i love chinese food! So, have been trying to find a way to lessen those break outs, if any one has suggestions, I'd love to hear about them. thanks

relax. You have to live life.

huh ? why is this in the prescription acne forum ? anyways i dont think bread causes it but i think someone proved that the hormones and enzymes in milk and dairy products can cause a rapid spurt in human hormones like testosterone and cause a minor breakout. i would still like to know who was the first idiot that bent down and squeezed that cows udder and drank it ? uggghhhh !

Foods are also individualistic. Some people will have adverse reactions to certain foods whereas others will be fine. In these cases, holistic practitioners will put the individual on a limited diet whereby one food is added at at time to determine whether there are any reactions.

elfgirl, your reaction to peanuts could be more of an allergic reaction than just acne. Also I've heard some people breakout from the iodine contained in nuts and ordinary table salt. It could also be the MSG used in some Chinese foods.

ok there is no way food gives you acne, something else they try to get you to believe so you'll try their products. My meds to the trick to keeping me clear and I can eat whatever I want and not worry about a zit coming on from what I put down my throat.