Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yeah so I have it, and I wanna make sure I'm using it right, because the instructions arent too clear.

How many times do you use it a day?

Here's how I do it correct me if I'm wrong. I only do it in the night so here it is.

1. Wash face with water, put on Renewing Cleanser, rub for 1-2 mins, wash off, dry skin.

2. Put on Revitalizing Toner with cotton ball, wait till it drys.

3. Put on Repairing Lotion, and then done.

Should I increase to 2 times a day?

Does the Repairing Lotion make your face more oily/dirty? (because thats how it feels to me)

Can you use the Lotion in the morning and then do normal activities and exercise? Like will oil and dirt on your face affect the Lotion in any way?

Thanks...

Hi proactivhelp -

I was on ProActiv for 6 months, and I must advise you to not use it and start Dan's Regimen instead.

Several reasons...

First of all, I was on ProActiv for 6 months and it is EXTREMELY inconsistent. It works wonders for the first 2-3 months, then you get 1 zit...goes away...then you get 2-3, they go away....then you get 4, etc...it stops working.

Second, and most of all.....the ingredients in this product are addicting to your skin and very irritating and harsh. NO cleanser should be irritating, cleansers should be pure and smooth. Look on the cleanser bottle, it warns pregnant women to not use it, to keep it away from your eyes, it can bleach fabrics, etc...this is all stuff that should not be warned on a cleanser. Any "warnings" on a cleanser is not a cleanser u want to use.

Next, it says "rub in for 2 mins" because it wants to get your skin as dependant on it as possible. The more of these ProActiv your skin absorbs, the more it needs it to stay clear. Once you stop ProActiv, your acne can come back 10 times worse.

ProActiv is a scam, and is only a temporary cure for acne. Your best bet is to use all natural/pure cleansers. The toner is also over-drying.

The only good thing about ProActiv is their BP.

I wish I could help you more, but do not support ProActiv at all.

Ok, Is Dan's regimen the one at the top right of the forum? If so I have checked it and it seems pretty good.

Things I will need:

1. Purpose Cleanser

2. Eucerin Skin Renewal Moisturizer

3. 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide

These are the products I chose, and although the regimen is time consuming I am willing to give it a shot, and also where can I find #3? Thanks.

Depending on where you live, you should be able to find a 2.5% BP at a drug store.

Just follow Dan's Regimen, and trust me, it works...I can tell you from experience, Dan's Regimen is better, and is more consistent...and most of all, its better for the health of your skin.

Depending on where you live, you should be able to find a 2.5% BP at a drug store.

Just follow Dan's Regimen, and trust me, it works...I can tell you from experience, Dan's Regimen is better, and is more consistent...and most of all, its better for the health of your skin.

hey Chris1982, where can u find a number 2? And can you give me an idea of a good clenser for number 1? I already have tube of bp.

Hey smurf -

Depending on what country you live in, but I assume the USA from your profile saying Texas, the best one is Cetaphil. I use SpectroJel, but that's only in Canada.

Both Cleanser and Moisturizer from Cetaphil are what I recommend for you.

http://www.mycetaphil.com/products/Cleansers.aspx#Cleanser1

(1st cleanser)

http://www.mycetaphil.com/products/Moistur...#Moisteurizers2

(2nd item)