Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. David

Helichrysum Essential oil

:dance: My name is Mr David. After doing some reserch on the subject and getting frustrated over the recent deluge of products disguising themselves as scar tissue reducing formulas, I came across this article that peaked my curiosity. I have just ordered this product , so I'm at the beginning stages of initial use. I will try to keep people comprised of the before and after effects of using Helichrysum Oil, and if their claims are true. They claim that when mixed with rose hip seed oil that it actually reduces scarring; we'll wait and see!!! Since my scars are not as profound as others any improvement would be beneficial to Me. The article below will give you some information to ponder, as well as some suitable for future reference.

"General - Helichrysum Essential oil extracted by steam distillation. The word Helichrysum is derived from the Greek "helios" meaning sun and "chrysos" meaning gold, referring to the color of many of the flowers of species in this genus. Helichrysum as a herb has been revered since the time of Homer and the ancient Greeks for its great wound healing ability. Fifteen years ago French aroma therapists started to distill several variations and investigated possible therapeutic uses of this oil. The Helichrysum Italicum plant grows wild in Mediterranean regions, preferring high altitudes and dry, sunny spots. In the eastern part of the Mediterranean a reddish oil is distilled, whereas in the French and Italian Alps a blue-green oil is distilled. After having experimented with many types of everlasting oils, aroma therapists found one variety, the Helichrysum italicum variation serotinum, with absolutely extraordinary healing qualities, but only if the oil is distilled from the flower alone. Helichrysum is more anti- inflammatory than German Chamomile, more tissue regenerating than Lavender, more cicatrisant (helping the formation of scar tissue) than Frankincense. Along with Frankincense, Myrrh, Spikenard, and Rose, Helichrysum ranks as one of the most ancient and valuable healing substances. According to Dr. Christoph Streicher, Helichrysum is useful in treating heart palpitations, irregular heartbeat and risk of stroke. Blended with Ylang Ylang it is useful in treating high blood pressure. Dr. Streicher, along with many other authorities, also states that Helichrysum, in a base of Rose Hip Seed Oil will fade older scars."It heals physical and emotional scarring, it opens the heart to a world of possibillities."

Hello!

I have been looking into Heli oil as well for scars. I'm not into buying an "already mixed" product. I want to get the oil and mix it with my own carrier oil, which will be Emu Oil. I use Emu Oil now as a moisturizer.

I've done a lot of research on rose hip seed oil and as it's a good carrier oil for Heli, it isn't good for acne prone skin. It can make your acne worse. So, that is something for people who are interesting in Heli and Rose Hip to look into before buying.

I also know that Carrot seed oil is also very good for scars.

I finished my two 20mL rose hip oil for 8 weeks.

No improvement, or maybe slightly, on my 10 years old scar.

And, no improvement on red marks (used only the 1st bottle for 4 weeks).

I finished my two 20mL rose hip oil for 8 weeks.

No improvement, or maybe slightly, on my 10 years old scar.

And, no improvement on red marks (used only the 1st bottle for 4 weeks).

was it mixed with Helichrysum?

Anyone had good results with this helichrysum essential oil recently? I'm thinking of trying.

Newsflash: The OP is a bot.

And no, it most definitely does not work. Some plant oil is not going to regenerate collegen.