Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alisonjs122

How Can I Qualify for Accutane?

I get mostly clogged pores, not zits. But i get A LOT of them and they are consistent (mostly on my forehead). Would I be able to go on a low dose of accutane to solve the problem?

Probably not. Accutane should only be prescribed for people who have severe cystic acne. Ask your derm about other possible treatments though. That should be easily fixed.

i agree with silapp....you are suppose to have a papertrail, meaning that you have tried antibiotics or other drugs that aren't as strong....Accutane is very dangerous and very serious. It can mess some people up...but talk to your derm...i strongly recommend that !

‘Accutane’ (isotretinoin) is indicated for the treatment of:

• Severe Nodular and/or Inflammatory Acne

• Acne Conglobata

• Recalcitrant Acne

Because of significant side effects associated with its use, ‘Accutane’ should be reserved for

patients where the conditions listed above are unresponsive to conventional first line therapies.

From the Roche product information sheet.

I get mostly clogged pores, not zits. But i get A LOT of them and they are consistent (mostly on my forehead). Would I be able to go on a low dose of accutane to solve the problem?

Well you really need to see your Doctor first of all to be on Antibiotics and if they fail to work then your are refered to a Derm and it's his desicion wheather to prescribe Accutane not a Doctor. If you have tried most products then he would probably prescribe you Accutane but also taking into consideration of the severity of your acne.

i think this is funny, i was just like this too. anyways, i love how people are saying stuff about trying antibiotics etc for clogged pores. antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide and other acne medications have absolutely 100 percent no effect on clogged pores. ur only hope would be a retinoid like retin a or tazorac or isotrex depending on where u live and these may or may not work. consider urself lucky that ur clog pored dont turn into pimples.