Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GregasGP

ACCUTANE HELP ALL! Please, need your advice or experience!

Hi all,

I've been on Roaccutane for 13 days now at 40MG a day. I weigh 70KG for a 6ft male, 23 years of age, but am having my dose increased when I see my derm next to 60MG I think.

Anyways, my skin has really been improving, no oil and only a couple of spots have come up in the last week which is great. Dry lips and nose, with slight joint pain are my only side effects. Now the question:

I'm really really worried abou this supposed 'initial' breakout people get. I've been on the BP Regimen for nearly 3 months now which I think has cleared out a lot of my pores and prevented new acne forming to a certain extent thus why I haven't experienced an outbreak yet.

My question then is, will I DEFINATELY experience a bad outbreak or is it possible that some people just clear from the start or have their usual outbreak which for me is mild/moderate? Really really need some opinions and experiences here as I'm sitting on a Knifes Edge waiting for this sh*t to happen!

HELP PLEASE! ;)

No, not everyone gets the initial breakout. I didn't, for one.

Good luck :)

Phew! It's just such an emotional battle isn't it mate! Acne for one is hard enough, but on Tane thinking about the dreaded breakout date makes it even worse! I'm gonna start a poll! Thanks for your post pal.

I got a very mild one

only the people with severe acne get a severe breakout

Ypu've made my day mate! Mine's mild to moderate at most, but couldnt handle a crazy outbreak! The usual would be fine. Thanks again pal.

I didn't get an initial breakout. I think starting slow and building up your dosage helps prevent or at least minimize it.

I got a very minimal one that lasted maybe two or three weeks at the most. I also got another one after my dosage was upped from 40 to 60 mg/day.

I used Retin-A right up till I popped my first pill, however, so that probably had my pores pretty much cleared out beforehand.

i continued to break out for the first few weeks, but no worse than usual. its not like ur face turns into a thousand pimples. ull be fine

Guest fatallyours

I don't agree with the statement only people with severe acne get a severe initial breakout...

I have mild but consistent acne and my first breakouts were very minor but now starting my third month on Accutane, I'm getting the worst breakouts I have ever experienced.

I don't agree with the statement only people with severe acne get a severe initial breakout...

I have mild but consistent acne and my first breakouts were very minor but now starting my third month on Accutane, I'm getting the worst breakouts I have ever experienced.

Damn I don't like posts like that even if it is your experience which I asked for!! When you say worse breakouts ever though, what do you mean - are you covered in them everywhere or are they larger etc?

Gregas - no one can say whether you'll get an initial breakout or not. Some people do, some people don't. It seems less likely when dosage starts low and is increased gradually, and it also seems to help if the acne is somewhat under control before the course begins, through systemic antibiotics or topical treatments.

Gregas - no one can say whether you'll get an initial breakout or not. Some people do, some people don't. It seems less likely when dosage starts low and is increased gradually, and it also seems to help if the acne is somewhat under control before the course begins, through systemic antibiotics or topical treatments.

Good point very well made. I'm on day 15 now and nothing new has come out, just a couple of smaller pimples I suppose. Then again, my acne swings from mild to heavy moderate and I've been on the BP Regimen for nearly 3 months now so that must of helped clean out the pores a little I suppose.

Thanks again.

Guest fatallyours

Damn I don't like posts like that even if it is your experience which I asked for!! When you say worse breakouts ever though, what do you mean - are you covered in them everywhere or are they larger etc?

Sorry! I was just answering the question. But it is different with everyone. I had my acne under control before starting Accutane, I was on birth control & antibiotics and had two PDT treatments & 1 microderm prior, but the thing was I don't want to be on anymore medication, so I'm hoping once I'm done w/the Accutane I won't have to be on anything else (except BP, topical stuff).

I'm not covered in them everywhere, but they are larger more like cystic acne which I have never had.

The first round, I cleared up within a month, and did not experience an "initial breakout".

However, less than a year later, when I started my second round, I DEFINITELY experienced it, and it was terrible. I was used to having pretty clear skin, since being on it the first time, and it got tremendously worse for about 3 months. Almost unbearable. But now I am 3 weeks free from my 6-month long second round, and I have CLEAR, BEAUTIFUL skin.

Hooray.

-ellen

With Me I cleared up and got red, then had normal breakouts up until now month 2. Everyones different I guess.

and I have CLEAR, BEAUTIFUL skin.

Hi all,

I've been on Roaccutane for 13 days now at 40MG a day. I weigh 70KG for a 6ft male, 23 years of age, but am having my dose increased when I see my derm next to 60MG I think.

Anyways, my skin has really been improving, no oil and only a couple of spots have come up in the last week which is great. Dry lips and nose, with slight joint pain are my only side effects. Now the question:

I'm really really worried abou this supposed 'initial' breakout people get. I've been on the BP Regimen for nearly 3 months now which I think has cleared out a lot of my pores and prevented new acne forming to a certain extent thus why I haven't experienced an outbreak yet.

My question then is, will I DEFINATELY experience a bad outbreak or is it possible that some people just clear from the start or have their usual outbreak which for me is mild/moderate? Really really need some opinions and experiences here as I'm sitting on a Knifes Edge waiting for this sh*t to happen!

HELP PLEASE! ;)

We are all different - How your body/complexion responds to accutane (A) is to be determined. That said, I can say that my experience on A brand (not generic) has been great! I'm 36 and have taken A four different times since I was 20. Each time I took the 40mg (twice a day and every other day doses) and never experienced any negative side effects (no depression, nothing). My skin was like a baby's bottom - perfect. After stopping A my skin eventually (6 to 8) months returned to its very oily state with occassional breakouts. My 2 brothers had severe acne in high school. They also had a very positive experience and their skin has been 95% clear since then and they're now in their early 30's. WARNING: the last time I used A it was the generic version (b/c my Ins. specified generic only). After two months my knees joints began hurting during my runs - the dosage was cut but the damage was done. Since then I have had "runners knee" (cartilage problems) and I believe that the generic A is responsible! I also experienced headaches and blurred vision. I finally stopped taking the generic when at three months I had what may have been an allergic reaction - my face began to swell with small welts underneath my skin! I would recommend that anyone on A AVOID the generic version. Finally, if your on the brand and your joints bother you then lower the dosage or quit A. Good Luck.

Hi all,

HELP PLEASE! ;)

Hey I'm 74 kg and I started 80mgs and havent had a bad breakout if any at all. Go as high as you can so you will reduce the chance your acne will come back, and reduce the duration of your treatment. I'm on my 16th day.