Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tammy06

Tammy's Accutane Journal-Starting 2006 off right!!

Hey Everyone. This has been a long time coming. I am soo excited/nervous about this Accutane experience that I have started. I am going to try to update my progress everyday and post pictures throughout the process. A little background about me...I am a 25 year old female in college/working part time right now..1 more year left until I'm finished :clap: I got my first pimple in the 4th grade!! I remember it vividly because an older girl made fun of me....that was the start of this 15 year hell I've been through. It started out mild but persistant and then turned moderate. I always had at least one zit on my face at any given time. The thing that made my acne so bad was the scarring it left behind. I have light brown skin so I get these dark brown marks when the acne heals. Dark marks on light skin is VERY noticeable lol! I started wearing makeup at the age of 13 to hide the marks. I can't wait to find out what it feels like to get up in the morning, throw on some clothes and go on about my day not having to worry about fooling with makeup!! :D Anyway, I was always so self conscious about my skin that I think I was almost in denial that it was so bad. I wanted to pretend like I didn't really have a problem. I did finally go to the derm at the age of 15. He put me on retin a but that didn't last long. It dried out my skin and I stopped using it. I went on proactiv at the age of 17. It did help to turn my moderate acne into mild acne but I never completely cleared up. I got pregnant at the age of 18 and all hell broke loose with my face. I'm talking 9 months of pms type breakouts!! After I had my son, my face finally calmed down a little but the breakouts were still constant. I lack alot of self confidence and I really think that having acne has prevented me from really fully knowing who I am and what I want to do in life. I have allowed it to keep me from doing alot of positive things and I sometimes feel like a 25 year old in an 18 year old's body because I'm still struggling to find myself. So, in March of 2005 I had finally had enough of all the crying and depression resulting from my acne, so I took a trip to visit the derm again. This time he started me on differin and doxycycline. In June, he switched me to retin a and in July he switched me to tazorac. None of these completely cleared me so finally, here I am. I popped my first people this morning. I am so excited because I feel like this is the start of my life..the start of me finally being able to figure out who I am and not allowing my acne to keep me from pursuing my dreams! I know this is going to be a wild ride but I have buckled my seat belt and I'm ready to go!! Clear skin, here I come :dance:

Currently, I am on 40mg for 1 month and then 60mg for the remaining 4 months. I just ordered some emu oil because of the amazing benefits. I need to go stock up on some lip ointment.

good luck and keep us posted, im 23 and hoping to get accutane in couple iof weeks, but cos its my first visit to the derm not sure he will giveit, wish me luck!!!

Good luck Tammy06 on accutane, its a tough ride, i can't say anything yet because im still on month 2 and still having the initial breakouts !!

To kj1982 : if ur acne are bad then any derm will give u accutane !!

Good luck Tammy! Accutane definetly is a rollar coaster of emotions, but so worth it! I'm 23 and half way through my course. I'm finally starting to see major improvement. I also started using Emu oil about 2 weeks ago and I think it definetly helps!

Laurel

Hey Everyone!! Thanks soo much for posting!!

kj1982, just make sure you are firm with your derm and tell him exactly how you feel and why you think you really need Accutane. If your acne is severe or at least persistant, you should qualify for acne.

Armani, emu oil is supposed to help calm inflammation in the skin and to moisturize at the same time. Google it if you want to know more detailed info!! I will let you know how it works on my skin.

silapp, thanks so much for wishing me good luck. I am glad to hear that you are finally starting to see results! Congrats!! :clap: I'm also glad to hear that you feel the emu oil is working. I hope to start using it by the end of this week.

Day 2

So I popped my first pills yesterday and I don't know if it was just me being extra nervous or something, but i felt like i had a mild headache yesterday. :doubt: I know I have heard a few people say they got the same thing so I guess it's normal. I will have to try and drink more water to keep my body hydrated. As far as acne goes, I currently have three to four smallish ones on my left cheek and 3 medium sized ones and 1 cyst on my right cheek. I also have numerous clogged pores on my chin. I will try to post some pics tommorow so that you all can see what I'm talking about. My skin has actually improved alot in the last 2 weeks. I was doing the clear skin regimen for three weeks and it screwed my face up royally. I stopped doing it and went back to using tazorac gel .1%. So, my skin really doesn't look that bad right now...but trust me..I definantly need to be on Accutane! I'm getting sooo nervous about the initial breakout. When do most people get it??? School starts back next week and I am good at missing classes when I'm having really bad breakouts. I really don't want to let these breakouts affect me in school b/c I have been stalling long enough. I actually should have graduated this past summer...but...acne acne acne has controlled my choices sooo much. But no more!!! When I break out this time, I'm just going to tell myself that it will be the LAST bad breakout of my life!! We'll see how well that works though lol. Anyway, I haven't noticed any drying of the lips or face yet, but I know it will come soon enough. I think I'm going to need to run to Wal-mart and pick up some eye drops b/c I wear contacts. Does anyone have suggestions of what kind I should get to help with dry eyes?? That's all for now!! Everyone have a great day!

Tammy:

Best of luck!! I had that headache the first couple of days too, and haven't had it since.

In regards to the accutane breakouts, I agree with you. If you know it's the 'tane and that the point is to break out and then get better, then those breakouts are easier to deal with, no matter how terrible they look. At least that's how I felt. When I broke out horribly in October for no reason at all, and the acne got WORSE with everything I tried instead of better... THAT was depressing. So, I went on accutane in November and the breakouts that happened after that were pretty terrible, but explainable. Now I'm in month 2 and already seeing results! Stick it out, it's definitely worth it. Plus, there's all of us here to give each other support.

Yay for a 2006 with clear skin!

Julie

Hi Tammy,

Your situation sounds really similar to mine. We are the same age and seem to have had similar experiences with acne. I am on day 23 and going steady. You can check my progress in my log - there's pictures too. It should help you get through the first month to see someone else going through it! Just click on the link below my name to have a look.

Best of luck,

BettyCherry xxx

Day 3

So, I'm not getting dry yet. I hear most people start getting dry around day 3 or so. I'm not complaining though lol. If my skin doesn't dry out on Accutane, I will NOT be mad lol!! Trust me! I am still getting the mild headaches though. They are not bad..just a bit annoying. I have about two new pimples. Not big ones though. I still have two cysts on my right cheek and some medium ones on the left. I finally took some pics with my webcam so you all can see what my skin looks like now. There is one of my left cheek, my right cheek and my chin. BEWARE of the one of my chin!!! It looks so gross to me. I have so many small bumps/clogged pores that never really come to a head. I believe my skin is just super oily on my chin and also I blame my hormones for the nasty chin problem. I haven't seen too many people with this many small bumps on the chin so I am praying that Accutane will help clear it up. :pray::pray::pray: I am continuing to be positive about Accutane and I am awaiting clear skin!! Have a wonderful day everyone!!

[attachmentid=3020][attachmentid=3021][attachmentid=3022]

post-24841-1136314736_thumb.jpg

post-24841-1136314753_thumb.jpg

post-24841-1136314765_thumb.jpg

post-24841-1136314736_thumb.jpg

post-24841-1136314753_thumb.jpg

post-24841-1136314765_thumb.jpg

Good Luck Tammy. Great way to start off 2006, by combating stupid Acne!!!!

I'm an Emu Oil user also. Love it. I got mine off of eBay of all places.

Hey Everyone!! Thanks soo much for posting!!

kj1982, just make sure you are firm with your derm and tell him exactly how you feel and why you think you really need Accutane. If your acne is severe or at least persistant, you should qualify for acne.

Armani, emu oil is supposed to help calm inflammation in the skin and to moisturize at the same time. Google it if you want to know more detailed info!! I will let you know how it works on my skin.

silapp, thanks so much for wishing me good luck. I am glad to hear that you are finally starting to see results! Congrats!! :clap: I'm also glad to hear that you feel the emu oil is working. I hope to start using it by the end of this week.

Day 2

So I popped my first pills yesterday and I don't know if it was just me being extra nervous or something, but i felt like i had a mild headache yesterday. :doubt: I know I have heard a few people say they got the same thing so I guess it's normal. I will have to try and drink more water to keep my body hydrated. As far as acne goes, I currently have three to four smallish ones on my left cheek and 3 medium sized ones and 1 cyst on my right cheek. I also have numerous clogged pores on my chin. I will try to post some pics tommorow so that you all can see what I'm talking about. My skin has actually improved alot in the last 2 weeks. I was doing the clear skin regimen for three weeks and it screwed my face up royally. I stopped doing it and went back to using tazorac gel .1%. So, my skin really doesn't look that bad right now...but trust me..I definantly need to be on Accutane! I'm getting sooo nervous about the initial breakout. When do most people get it??? School starts back next week and I am good at missing classes when I'm having really bad breakouts. I really don't want to let these breakouts affect me in school b/c I have been stalling long enough. I actually should have graduated this past summer...but...acne acne acne has controlled my choices sooo much. But no more!!! When I break out this time, I'm just going to tell myself that it will be the LAST bad breakout of my life!! We'll see how well that works though lol. Anyway, I haven't noticed any drying of the lips or face yet, but I know it will come soon enough. I think I'm going to need to run to Wal-mart and pick up some eye drops b/c I wear contacts. Does anyone have suggestions of what kind I should get to help with dry eyes?? That's all for now!! Everyone have a great day!

Yeah, I just ordered my emu oil off of ebay too!! I go to eBay for EVERYTHING lol...u can't beat the bargains and I am a huge bargain shopper!! :dance:

Day 4

Nothing much new to report today. I do have one new pimple on the right side of my cheek. It's kinda weird because a couple years ago, I don't even remember my cheeks being such a big problem as far as breakouts are concerned. :think: I guess acne has a mind of its own and it can rotate as it pleases. My skin is still oily..but not as oily as the first day. Lips are not super dry. I didn't have any headaches today which is GREAT!! :dance: I start classes next week and I would usually be all hot and bothered over the fact that my skin is breaking out, but I'm pretty cool so far. Me and some friends even had "movie night" last night which was so much fun..I definantly needed that! :D Well that's all for now..clear skin is on its way!!

Good luck with the accutane!!!

I also use emu oil. Love how it feels when I put it on. It has a lot of benefits. If you have joint pain, it will help too, just massage it in.

good Luck with your tane...tammy...i am on my third week now .. and I am feeling all right..dont worry about all the side effects.....be calm and cool and everything would be alright.....

with tane... some people see the result faster then others..some has to wait.....so dont worry if you are not seeing any changes .. it will come...:)

Cheers

Suje Out...

Day 5

My skin isn't dry yet but my lips seem to drying out a bit. I am kinda down right now b/c I have this huge cyst on my right cheek..it's like a 3 in 1 deal :doubt: It's like the new ones I got since I started accutane are the ones that were already there but they are alot worse than they would usually be. I hadn't really been getting cysts..just small to medium zits. I have two cysts right now that don't really have a head yet. I guess it could be worse though...I know it will all pay off in the end...just wish that would hurry up!! I keep trying to cover them up with my hair but I think the oil in my hair is probably making it worse :confused: I can't wait for my emu oil to arrive...hopefully it will calm down some of the inflammation :pray: I'm going to go visualize myself with clear skin..it'll make me feel better!

Day 5

My skin isn't dry yet but my lips seem to drying out a bit. I am kinda down right now b/c I have this huge cyst on my right cheek..it's like a 3 in 1 deal :doubt: It's like the new ones I got since I started accutane are the ones that were already there but they are alot worse than they would usually be. I hadn't really been getting cysts..just small to medium zits. I have two cysts right now that don't really have a head yet. I guess it could be worse though...I know it will all pay off in the end...just wish that would hurry up!! I keep trying to cover them up with my hair but I think the oil in my hair is probably making it worse :confused: I can't wait for my emu oil to arrive...hopefully it will calm down some of the inflammation :pray: I'm going to go visualize myself with clear skin..it'll make me feel better! Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that my period is late this month(no I'm not pregnant lol!) I guess it's the accutane. I'm not complaining though..it's quite nice to be without cramps :)

Some people say not to do this, but I did with no problems.....I spot treated my pimples and cysts in the early days of Tane. I actually used Tretinoin. I decided if my face didn't get irritated and wasn't too sensitive (yet) to handle it, then it'd be okay. I think that might have helped some to go down faster, but if not, it at least felt like I was doing something. And honestly, visualizing clear skin is the best feeling to know it is in your future!

Some people say not to do this, but I did with no problems.....I spot treated my pimples and cysts in the early days of Tane. I actually used Tretinoin. I decided if my face didn't get irritated and wasn't too sensitive (yet) to handle it, then it'd be okay. I think that might have helped some to go down faster, but if not, it at least felt like I was doing something. And honestly, visualizing clear skin is the best feeling to know it is in your future!

Yeah I do have some tazorac left over...i will try that tonight..these cysts are huge!! I will have to take pics to show you all!

Yeah I do have some tazorac left over...i will try that tonight..these cysts are huge!! I will have to take pics to show you all!

Just make sure to remove it if it stings or burns....your face will get sensitive quick!!!

Just make sure to remove it if it stings or burns....your face will get sensitive quick!!!

Yeah, I'm just going to apply a very small amount...these suckers need some help!! Thanks so much for the tip!

Day 6:

Remember that monster zit I was talking about..well I took a pic of it...damn I think it's the largest cyst I have ever had. It's like the size of a dime almost. It makes the other cyst I have look like a baby. The good news is that my emu oil came today. I want to put some on right now but I have to go visit a friend at her new place..she invited some people over..I really really don't want to go but I don't wanna come off as rude. Luckily I can hide this monster with my hair..or at least try to. If only I could wear a mask like this :ninja: and still look cute :think: I will chill with them for a little bit and then come home and pray that this sucker goes away without leaving a big ugly scar :doubt: Ahh well, this is the price you pay for beauty right??

[attachmentid=3066][attachmentid=3067]

post-24841-1136591866_thumb.jpg

post-24841-1136592019_thumb.jpg

post-24841-1136591866_thumb.jpg

post-24841-1136592019_thumb.jpg

GOOOD LUCK on your treatment... it will def be a roller coaster but most of the side effects that I had in the beginning seemed to fade away around the 3rd month.... and now that I am just about done... I hope to see even more results like my derm said I would...

I wanna see an overall picture... you look cute :)

Thanks for wishing me luck! I'm glad you are seeing such good results.

Day 7

Good news!! I spot treated that monster with tazorac last night and put some emu oil on my face also. It seems like it has calmed down a bit. It's still there..but not as irritated. My face is still oily but the lips are continously getting drier. I was even able to pull off a little bit of skin from my dry lips..ewww! So I guess that means tane is doing its job. My forehead is starting to breakout in really small bumps. I guess this is part of the initial breakout. That's all for now!

Day 8

So I finished my first week on tane!! Here is a rundown of what has progressed this week.

1. My face is STILL oily

2. My lips are dry and peeling

3. I had a headache the first couple days of taking tane but has since gone away completely!!

4. I broke out in the biggest cyst of my life...it has finally started to go down :dance:

I can't wait to see the end results of this!! 4 months and 3 weeks to go!!

Good luck with everything!! But I was wondering, why did you stop using the Tazorac? I'm curious because I just started using Taz.

Good luck with everything!! But I was wondering, why did you stop using the Tazorac? I'm curious because I just started using Taz.

Taz is great!! I started using the cream .1% in July 2005. My acne was moderate to start out with so I had lots of clogged pores/acne. I switched to the gel .1% in September 2005 b/c I felt like I needed something stronger..plus the derm told me it would help fade my dark marks..which it did! It helped to clear me up but not 100%. Since I have had acne for 15 years, I figured I needed to try the strongest thing out there(Accutane) to see how much it would clear up my skin. After I finish Accutane, I am most def. going back on tazorac to help fade scars, keep my pores unclogged and just to help my skin look better overall! Are you using the cream or gel? Also, I realized that if I do Dan's Clear Skin Regimen in the morning and use taz at night, my skin does really well! Good luck with the taz!

Day 6:

Remember that monster zit I was talking about..well I took a pic of it...damn I think it's the largest cyst I have ever had. It's like the size of a dime almost. It makes the other cyst I have look like a baby. The good news is that my emu oil came today. I want to put some on right now but I have to go visit a friend at her new place..she invited some people over..I really really don't want to go but I don't wanna come off as rude. Luckily I can hide this monster with my hair..or at least try to. If only I could wear a mask like this :ninja: and still look cute :think: I will chill with them for a little bit and then come home and pray that this sucker goes away without leaving a big ugly scar :doubt: Ahh well, this is the price you pay for beauty right??

[attachmentid=3066][attachmentid=3067]

oh baby ! i know what u fell ive the same as you but in the side of my nose , its like a second nose , mine is red whit no white head on it so the only thing i can do right now , its keep going whit the treatment and be patience , keep your head high , shit happens but we will survive =)