Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Hair thinning and vitamins

I have been taking a lot of vitamins lately.. such as B5 (only one tablet a day though), Vitamin C, Flax Seed Oil, and Milk Thistle.. and lately my hair has been feeling thinner.. is it possible these vitamins are causing this? =\

Hi There,

well a possible cause is that you have probably lost a little weight, or are in the process of, and according to my hairdresser, weight loss usually causes hair thinning.

It may just be that you aren't receiving enough protein possibly from your diet. In fact, humans are supposed to lose quite a lot of hair per day, particularly during their sleep as new hair grows out of the follicles each day.

try to add a little more animal protein( from meats, milk etc.) in your diet and that should help possibly. And try not to use too many supplements at once as it is safer to use only a couple at a time. I'm currently taking a regular multivitamin and milk thistle.

Good luck with ur acne healing !

if you type in "vitamin overdose" in google, you'll find a selection of sites on the subject.

for example, an overdose of vitamin A can cause loss of hair.

take a look.

no offence to frogprince, but if you've been having trouble with your hair since taking the vitamins then obviously it's to do with those. in which case the site he's talking about won't give you much info(on vitamins that is).

off course take a look at both,you never know. but it wouldn't be a bad idea to learn a bit more about what you're taking anyway, and the side afects if not taking properly.

Calcium and protein. Find a whey protein supplement. MSM supposedly has miraculous dermal properties, but I've only noticed it helping my joints when I walk.

Guest frogprince

no offence to frogprince, but if you've been having trouble with your hair since taking the vitamins then obviously it's to do with those. in which case the site he's talking about won't give you much info(on vitamins that is).

off course take a look at both,you never know. but it wouldn't be a bad idea to learn a bit more about what you're taking anyway, and the side afects if not taking properly.

no offense taken

i just thought that the site would be good since people there do discuss hair thinning.

I wouldn't say that the people don't discuss vitamins. There is much talk about vitamins B6 and zinc and others to help with hair.

anywayz, see for yourself.

good luck

essential fatty acids (omega 3 foods) prevents dry brittle hair, improves texture

B-complex with pantothenic acid. folic acid, and PABA. essential for hair growth and help retain natural color

beta-carotene with b vitamins help keep hair shiny