Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im 19 years old and still struggling to get clear but when I stop and think about it Im kind of glad I have acne. It really changes you as a person as you learn to fight it and accept yourself for who you are. While starting in High School when my breakouts werent so bad I was quite popular and started to hang out with alot of people and drink and all that "cool" stuff you do in High School. Once I started breaking out real bad I found myself not going out so much on weekends and straying away from drinking because it caused me to breakout. Over the years I saw alot of my close buddies have horrible things happen to them because of alcohol and later on drugs. What if I didnt have acne and would have kept hanging out with them....... Would I be doing drugs? Would I have a child I would have to take care of because of a drunken mistake? Would I be an alcoholic and have MIPS and bad police records? Would I have been in the car when 2 of my classmates got killed because of drunk driving? Its scary to think where my life could have ended up.

Its always easy to think about the things you can't/won't do because of your acne, but sit back and think about how your life would be if you never did have acne? I know mine would probably be alot worse. When I finally do get over having acne, I know I will be alot better of a person and be thankful for the experience.

Guest tenshigirl25

Im 19 years old and still struggling to get clear but when I stop and think about it Im kind of glad I have acne. It really changes you as a person as you learn to fight it and accept yourself for who you are. While starting in High School when my breakouts werent so bad I was quite popular and started to hang out with alot of people and drink and all that "cool" stuff you do in High School. Once I started breaking out real bad I found myself not going out so much on weekends and straying away from drinking because it caused me to breakout. Over the years I saw alot of my close buddies have horrible things happen to them because of alcohol and later on drugs. What if I didnt have acne and would have kept hanging out with them....... Would I be doing drugs? Would I have a child I would have to take care of because of a drunken mistake? Would I be an alcoholic and have MIPS and bad police records? Would I have been in the car when 2 of my classmates got killed because of drunk driving? Its scary to think where my life could have ended up.

Its always easy to think about the things you can't/won't do because of your acne, but sit back and think about how your life would be if you never did have acne? I know mine would probably be alot worse. When I finally do get over having acne, I know I will be alot better of a person and be thankful for the experience.

yes it may be the case..but we have to keep a balance too. im glad that i seem more compassionate and wiser but i dont want to miss out on life either..but yeah, i beleive in the whole happens for a reason theory..

Nooters, you couldn't be more correct! Acne has made me realize that their are many bastards out their, bastards who judge you by a few pimples. And I've learned that I'm going to stay away from these guys, with or without acne. Especially girls, the accutane is helping, and when I find Miss Right, I'll make sure she's the type who DOES NOT judge guys by pimples or acne. I know it's hard to tell, but I will try my best to keep myself away from those skanks.