Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OutKlast

Spray tans while on Accutane

I'm fair skinned and have always had a bit of a red nose (combination of mild rosacea and allergys). And I've got minor red marks here and there from acne. Thinking about doing some kind of spray tan I don't want to be super dark but a little bit of color I think would help cover those marks and uneven skin tones. The only thing I'm worried about is I "exfoliate" (rub a washcloth semi-hard on the face) every 2-3 days since my skin gets to dry for even mosturizer and occasionally my nose peels in a random small area. And I'm worried it will just make me look worse by giving me really uneven skin tone. Accutane has pretty much cleared me up so its not like theres any active acne or anything of the sort on my face.

Any fellow whiteys care to comment on this?

I'm fair skinned and have always had a bit of a red nose (combination of mild rosacea and allergys). And I've got minor red marks here and there from acne. Thinking about doing some kind of spray tan I don't want to be super dark but a little bit of color I think would help cover those marks and uneven skin tones. The only thing I'm worried about is I "exfoliate" (rub a washcloth semi-hard on the face) every 2-3 days since my skin gets to dry for even mosturizer and occasionally my nose peels in a random small area. And I'm worried it will just make me look worse by giving me really uneven skin tone. Accutane has pretty much cleared me up so its not like theres any active acne or anything of the sort on my face.

Any fellow whiteys care to comment on this?

i wouldnt do it. From experience, spray tans usually look uneven and messy and orange and fake anyways. And when i took showers it would slowly come off and look even worse. Its a good idea though, to get a tan to cover red marks etc, but i'd never do it agian.

I have tried the fake tan stuff and it looked ok on my body but my face was another matter. I have to exfoliate every other day and the tan just came right off.

I have tried the fake tan stuff and it looked ok on my body but my face was another matter. I have to exfoliate every other day and the tan just came right off.

Yeah well thats the problem with acne sufferers, we have to wash our faces everyday. Mystic tan is like for people who can't tan with the beds and want to look tan for like before going to a party. Its not magic, that the tan won't go away since we wash our face and exfoliate it like crazy.

Anyways, i work at the tanning salon and they have this lotion, exfoliate to put on after spayring and it will stay longer !! i dont know if it will break anyone out cuz i have try it ....