Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
junkeroos

Rodan + Fields: Unblemish Regimen

The ingredients are actually pretty good and they got very good reviews from users:

Medicated Cleanser

Ingredients:

Active ingredient: 3% Sulfur

Inactive ingredients: Water, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Glyceryl Stearate, Bisabolol, Green Tea Extract, Arnica Extract, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Fragrance, Triethanolamine, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Medicated Facial Toner

Ingredients:

Water, Witch Hazel, Ethoxydiglycol, Glycolic Acid, Arginine, Polysorbate 20, Panthenol, Azelaic Acid, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Atelocollagen, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Rosearinus Officinalis Extract, Green Tea Extract, Aloe Barbadenisis Extract, Menthyl Lactate, Niacinamide, Zinc Phenolsulfonate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin.

Acne Lotion

Ingredients:

Active ingredient: 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide

Inactive ingredients: Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Talc, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprlate/Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Steareth-21, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Polyquaternium-24, Hyaluronic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Fragrance, Niacinamide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Arnica Extract, Panthenol, Zinc PCA, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA.

---------------------

It would have been perfect if they included tea tree oil and PCMX or Chloroxylenol in the wash. I would have preferred Salicylic acid (BHA) for the facial toner rather than glycolic acid and a base of aloe vera instead of water for the lotion to make it moisturizing. Also it probably wouldn't harm the BP if they included a sunscreen in the lotion like zinc oxide, micronized titanium dioxide, or an octocrylene/oxybenzone combi.

I tried their CALM regime I think it was called the one for acne and OMG my face never hurt so bad. I think all products they make suck.

I've actually been successful with the Unblemish regimen (previously called Calm) for over 2 years now. I tried their Proactive stuff - twice! Once back in the early 90's and then again a couple years ago and it sucked both times. I was reluctant to try the expensive Unblemish but I had a wedding to attend and getting desperate. To my amazement, my face cleared in days and I've been pretty much zit free since. Okay, there was one time I stopped using the product because I really hate things that contain parabens and the kit is pricey at $89 but the pimples quickly got out of control. So I guess I'm forever stuck with this product and its parabens. The cleanser contains sulfur and I think that is the zit killing chemicle ingredient that works well on me. And if you get any little bit of this cleanser in your eye, it will stings for a good 10 minutes.

However, Unblemish or Proactive did not work well on my husband or son at all. So I've been searching for something more natural and without benzoyl, sulfur, or salicylic acid which can do more worse than good for some people.

Came across AcneMiracle.com that contains Niacinmide (Vit B3) and the products sound good and is well priced, unfortunately the server is down and my emails bounce. Too bad, I had high hopes for that one.