Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disco

WhiteHead Alert!

Well, yesterday I noticed a new pimple forming near my mouth area which I thought was a cold sore. I apply some BP before I went to sleep and when I woke up it blew into a huge whitehead actually two whiteheads on the pimple and it hurts. I know I shouldn't pop it but it hurts and it bugs. OH by the way I think its a pustule similar to a whitehead, but is inflamed, and appears as a red circle with a white or yellow center. Pustules are your garden variety "zit". What should I do? :(

yeah disco...i have the same problem as you. When i have a new pimple and after appling BP on it, that new pimple becomes a huge whitehead like what you have said... its so puzzling :think: shouldnt the BP make the pimple smaller and less inflamed? Why is it making the pimple worser and more inflamed? :cry: Anyone out there can explain??

Because the BP is helping to heal the pimple, and part of the healing process is to bring the pimple to the surface. As the whitehead grows, it'll reduce the redness around it 'till it's just a big juicy whitehead. At that point the pimple is nearly healed and can be popped (using the proper method) or waited out.

Well after taking a shower and getting out the pimple popped and all I see is a big red spot and a little whitehead near it. So all I did was apply some Neosporin antibiotic ointment becuase it contains Bacitracin as said in the guide to poppin pimple. I hope this heals :cry: (it basically looks the same but not with the whitehead on it) really red and sorta big.

Because the BP is helping to heal the pimple, and part of the healing process is to bring the pimple to the surface. As the whitehead grows, it'll reduce the redness around it 'till it's just a big juicy whitehead. At that point the pimple is nearly healed and can be popped (using the proper method) or waited out.

then how long will it take for the whitehaed to vanish with applying the BP? it will definitely leave a red mark right? :cry:

If you don't pop the whitehead but keep applying BP, I find it shrinks a bit and hardens, so it feels like a tiny scab but looks like a whitehead. This will then fall off or be picked off, and if enough time was allowed, there should be almost no mark underneath. Personally, once my pimples come to a nice whitehead, I pop them and deal with the following scab, just because I can't STAND having a gross whitehead on my face. I'd much rather the red scab left after.

If it hurts then you probably leave it as it is - dont pick it off. Hurting is usually a sign it hasnt fully devloped yet. If you pick it - it will come back..