Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just got a 4 piece kit for the Proactiv Solution that includes a cleanser, astringent, lotion, and mask. I've been using it for almost a week now and the results have not been good. My skin is drier, itchier, and not as soft as it used to be. Is it normal? I bought it from a booth at the mall and the attendant there told me I might "break out" while using it at first but that the results should show up after a month. Is itching considered "breaking out"? Because I haven't gotten any new zits since using Proactiv, just itcher, drier skin.

Have any of you had similar experiences?

Guest quack

In all honesty, the best thing you can do is use Proactiv once a day or even once every other day. Itchiness is normal when your skin is really really dry. And no, itchiness is not "breaking out" --- breaking out is when pimples start to pop up.

And along with this, you should moisturize EVERY day because dry skin can also lead to bad breakouts (that's what happened to me).

When I used Pro Activ, I experienced facial itching, too. I think my face was not used to the Benzoil Peroxide. It took almost 3 weeks to see results, but damn if it didn't work. It didn't last (only about three months) but for those three months my skin was CRYSTAL clear. Absolutley flawless.

*sigh* I wish it had continued. I'da been more than willing to shell out that 50 bucks every three months for the rest of my life.

Proactiv works (for me at least). And yeah, at first it might itch but then your skin gets used to it. The results were pretty amazing. I would apply the stuff at night and in the morning, I noticed that my pimples were smaller. It was really awesome but then after a while it just stopped working for me.

I just got a 4 piece kit for the Proactiv Solution that includes a cleanser, astringent, lotion, and mask. I've been using it for almost a week now and the results have not been good. My skin is drier, itchier, and not as soft as it used to be. Is it normal? I bought it from a booth at the mall and the attendant there told me I might "break out" while using it at first but that the results should show up after a month. Is itching considered "breaking out"? Because I haven't gotten any new zits since using Proactiv, just itcher, drier skin.

Have any of you had similar experiences?

proactiv didnt do anything for me, it was a total waste of money and it wrecked my face. :( In my opinion id use somthing else.

Waste of money for me. I thought if I kept using it it would work, but nope. Two years is ample time to wait, don't you think???

this is what is working for me

take vitamim B5, B-complex 75 & also use proactiv

i was using proactiv alone and it did next to nothing I started taking Vitamin B5 and my acne started to go away

This is what i do

8 AM take 2 grams of B5

Noon take 3 grams of B5

2pm take 750 MG of B-complex

5 PM take 2 grams of B5

8 PM shower & use proactiv (i skip step 2 - the green bottle)

11 PM take 3 grams of B5

I agree with all said above. I was on Proactiv practically religiously for about 2 years, and it took probably about 2 months to see major results. I was never completely clear with it, and I used it once - twice a day. I'd recommend using something else with it and using it every other day. It will definately firm up your skin and make it soft if you use enough lotion (I found that I'd run out of the lotion really quickly, that small tiny bottle isn't near enough for a month as far as I'm concerned). The mask I only used for spot treatment, it did take alot of redness away overnight.

The reason I stopped using Proactiv is simply because it stopped working, and it didn't seem worth the money anymore. Don't let that stop you though, I build an immunity to practically everything I use :P I've heard tons of success stories so just follow it and make sure you don't skip when you're supposed to use it and I'm sure you'll see some results after you eget past the initial breakout!

Good luck!

Hey All,

Proactiv worked for me for about 9 months. Now my acne is worse than ever. I loved it while I was on it. My face was never dry, super smooth, and crystal clear. I used it twice a day and never ever missed a step. Then one day BOOM! Here came the zits. Back and worse than ever. I hope it works for you. Good Luck

didn't do shit for me.

seriously, you know you're officially obsessed with your acne when you've used proactiv and can say that it didn't work for you.