Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SCAR

keloids

i really enjoy working out and taking my shirt off

but, i have really bad keloids on my chest...

i rreally want to fix this problem. are there any medications for this problem?

thanx ;)

I have them on my shoulder... one on each almost in the same place and one on my earlobe (a doc told me but its not even red in color at all)... that earlobe one was from a piercing i did and i left in a silver hoop which my ear didnt like- keloid formed cause of it. The ones on my shoulder I have NO Idea how i got them. maybe a really deep pimple i picked at. I am half asian and that is why the doc said i get them easier than a white person.. but my dad had bypass surgery last year and he keloided BAD on his chest... its really pink and he itches it all the time. I tried to get him to put emu oil on it but he isnt listening. LOL

I have used a few creams from www.thejamushop.com The black scar paste (smells like feet and vinegar but it helps stop itch) and another one they sell which on the site they said to use together... like the black scar paste at night and the other one in the mornings (no smell to that one).

Check it out. I may order more black scar paste.

I had a small one on my chest.. it was like a little line and was pink and for a LONG time i was scared to wear v neck shirts but it faded with the help of the black scar paste and its barely visible. Check it out and let us know if you buy any and also, I would like you to give an update on progress.

Acne Hater-- Its raised, reddish/purple color and are way bigger than the actual scar was. Almost like hypertrophic scar tissue.

Are you sure they're keloids and not hypertrophic?

There is an interesting product I found at wal mart I think it was called "new skin" that is specifically for hypertrophic scars. Perhaps it works better, since it targets one type of scar?

Check out www.skinbiology.com.

They advocate using copper peptides plus AHA/BHA's to deal with keloid scars. If you still tend to break out or if you are a new user, start with the CP Serum or the stronger Super CP Serum. Then work your way up to SuperCop or SuperCop 2X.

I use the Super CP Serum on the face. It takes a while to see results, but it's definitely worth it.

Also check out their literature and their Chat Forum for more information on the treatment of scars.

Yessss!!!! I just ordered Supercop a few days back.... i can see what it does to the one on my shoulder.

When I used products from the Jamu Shop it definately took the redness out of the keloid.

the ones i have doesn't itch

it is just there. it is raised and it is there

really annoying

i really enjoy working out and taking my shirt off

but, i have really bad keloids on my chest...

i rreally want to fix this problem. are there any medications for this problem?

thanx ;)

I also have keloid scars and I've been doing a lot of research; here are some useful info:

aocd

wikipedia

i think i have found the cure for my raised scars

my friend had this cortisol cream in the bathroom. and i rubbed some on one of my scar, and the next morning, it softed up sooo much.

i think i'm gonna get a prescription like him

i had keloids on all of my ear piercings at some point or other. they seem to come and go. my method of treatign them was to just leave the earring in and leave it alone. eventually they got better, and now all but one [kind of active infection, fuck knows] are gone.

when i had like 3 on my shoulder i got them injected with cortisone. it breaks up the excess scar tissue [as thats all it is, overgrown scar tissue]. they are flattened but still a little red/purple. i was starting to get one on my ear too from piercing it. i just left it alone with the ring or diamond in and it comes and goes. i did a lot of research on keloids when i found out i had them, like you said its not that bad or even itchy just annoying and embarassing. worst than having acne cuz its harder to get rid of. g/l though

i have it on my chest, it makes me look like i have a tons of extra nipples :lol2:

hey anymore updates about the products from www.thejamushop.com ? i found the site yesterday and am interested with the ba hen ling and hei ba gao. But do they really work ? Are there any side effects ? I have tried a lot of other creams and injections and am desperate to learn of something that really works... Please advise.........

^ you've had injections but are they or have they flattened? if they've flatten then time should get rid of the discoloration. for me no creams have worked or at least no cream yet. the biggest waste of money is that silicone sheets stuff, pretty expensive for something so stupid.

i got keloid type scars when i got some moles removed, they were really annoying so my derm injected them with something [i think it was cortisone but i cant be sure] and they flattened out right away. they then faded gradually.

Hi, i had 3 sessions of steroid injections and they were really excruciating and costly. The injections did flatten the keloid slightly on my shoulder but did nothing for the one on my tummy. The discoloration has also attracted more attention than before which is really making me feel self conscious.

I received my "Black paste" order from Jamu shop a few days ago, but am still a little concern about the "could be" effects. :pray:

I also found an online forum dedicated to the "Black paste" which has also contributed to my sense of insecurity about the product.

http://cgi.tripod.com/keloid-scars/cgi-bin...881400;start=60

Anyone has more positive feedback? :pray::pray::pray:

is black paste that stuff that smells a bit like vinegar kind of...? if it is i've tried it before, its sticky though and flakes off after it dries. but i dunno i think cortisone injections are best. it only cost me $70 per session and thats full pay.

I liked the black scar paste. Right now I am using emu oil and come copper peptides (at night before bed) on my scars... I may go back to the black scar paste from the Jamu Shop in about a month. It cleared the little one on my chest... now i can wear a v neck shirt if I want. YAY

Hi guys,

I went for another round of steroid injections yesterday (extremely painful as usual) after using the Black paste for a few days. Didn't see any difference except for the emergence of a small pimple. Not sure if it was caused by the Black paste :wacko: though but enough to make me stop using the paste for a while. :(

Yessss!!!! I just ordered Supercop a few days back.... i can see what it does to the one on my shoulder.

When I used products from the Jamu Shop it definately took the redness out of the keloid.

leet, what product did you specifically use to take the redness out?

I have some hypertrophic scars on my back. I got a series of kenalog injections which made them all flat or almost flat (one is even atrophic now, but that's better than raised). Now, I am just dealing with the redness - if these scars were regular white-scar color, I would be fine! And I wouldn't have to ever think about my scars again! :pray:

Unfortunately, they are red, so now I am in desperate search of something to take the redness away. I've had these scars for almost 3 years, so I know they won't fade on their own. Just yesterday, I had V-Beam test spot performed on my biggest scar; so far, it's just redder, as expected, but I'm hoping that I see some results.

So, leet, PLEASE tell me which Jamu Shop product you used to get red of the redness!!! And how long did it take before you saw results?? Thank you!!! :wub:

Novalie, i'm guessing its the black scar paste. if you want to see some color other than red...have your derm freeze them with a cyro gun. the top layer will peel off and a new pinkish layer will appear. kinda stings though and feels like a tiny needle repeatedly scratching the top layer of skin.

Hello,

I'm a newbie to these boards, but not to the insufferable condition of acne!

and to compound it, I have had keloid and hyperthropic scars [ along jaw line, chest and back/shoulders] to go along with it (as a result of some unhealed acne pimples).

And although a young adult at 25, I occasionally get pimples and then have to dread there after that if it doesn't heal well / properly that another scar may result.

These (scars) are, I've discovered, especially common in african american skin, and although i'm of mixed/interracial parentage, i've unfortunately inherited the worse of my fathers' genes!

For my scars I usually undergo the Kenalog (cortisone) injections. It's been working very well, but it's as slow as (pardon the use) hell!

anyway, can any 1 suggest any other treatment for these miserable scars??

Thanx,

if you feel steriods injections are too slow, ask your derm if he/she will inject you with 5-FU or Bleomycin injections. personally i have not tried it, but the success rate of shrinkage is pretty high. do some research on these two and it will probably amaze you enough to maybe want to try it.

hey, how long did it take for u to see results from the black paste? And how long do u usually leave it on your scars?

I liked the black scar paste. Right now I am using emu oil and come copper peptides (at night before bed) on my scars... I may go back to the black scar paste from the Jamu Shop in about a month. It cleared the little one on my chest... now i can wear a v neck shirt if I want. YAY