Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Poker-Butt

DRY SKIN ON REGIMEN

Guest Poker-Butt

SO YEA ... on my 12thd ay and i was wonderin gif i should remove the dead skin with a hot rag...GENTLY of course...anyone do anything about the dead skin cells b4 getting clear...any suggestions should help cuz im about to wash my face soon ...

thanks!

I USE ONE OF THOSE PUFFY SHOWER THINGS PEOPLE USE TO WASH THEIR BODY,IF I HAVE ANY DRY SKIN OR FLAKES,I JUST LATHER UP THAT PUFFY THING AND GENTLY WASH MY FACE WITH IT.....IT EXFOLIATES I GUESS....IT WORKS PRETTY GOOD.............

2 weeks into the reg, i was flakin like crazy on the cheeks. it was so dry and flaky. but all i did was apply moisturizer on it and now (30+ days), my dryness is no longer that serious. so i guess my advice is to do nothin but apply moisturizer

I'm suffering from exactly the same problem, 12 days in and my skin is ssssoooooooo dry, but when i moisturise you cant tell, but I'm just keeping my finger crossed that the dryness will go away by itself!

I understand, I have the exact same problem right now. I've been on the regimen for about a week or so. When my face started getting really dry and flaky in the last two days I decided to try Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel. It's 100% pure and contains no alcohol or mineral oil. Aloe Vera is known for its therapeutic moisturizing properties, especially for irritation. I know many people who've used it for acne or dry skin, so it most likely won't clog your pores.

I'm hopeful that it will help my skin. You can buy it at any drugstore, you may want to try it out!

Guest Poker-Butt

yea? but i dont know if its recommended to use aloe vera gel on the regimen ...im trying to follow it precisely so i get the same results as everyone who's gotten clear

Guest Poker-Butt

not right after...later on the day .... like maybe 8 hours later ...my skin will start getting flakey anywhere i have red marks...and since i wear make-up then it looks kinda obvious ... not only that , its the dryness too ...my skin feels very taut ... i hear eucerin skin renewal is good for controlling flakiness but i still havnet got my drugstore.com shipment ...

If at all possible, get yourself Eucerin Skin Renewal. If that's not possible, try a very low percentage glycolic acid moisturizer or lactic acid moisturizer. You're only 10 days in so a high percentage is too much probably.

Anyway, if you can get the Eucerin that should solve the problem entirely.

If at all possible, get yourself Eucerin Skin Renewal. If that's not possible, try a very low percentage glycolic acid moisturizer or lactic acid moisturizer. You're only 10 days in so a high percentage is too much probably.

Anyway, if you can get the Eucerin that should solve the problem entirely.

You know, I'm sorry but...is it just me or does anyone else dry out even MORE when using a moisturizer with AHA??

The regimen is never a problem for me....but come winter time, forget it! :evil: I b*tch and moan constantly about this nightmare dry skin :wall:

So, I was under the impression that AHA helps exfoliate the skin. And I thought: OK so if I apply enough of an AHA moisturizer, it should exfoliate these blasted flakes, right? WRONG. I seem to get drier and drier and DRIER :mad:

I don't think AHA works for those of us with severely dry skin. I think we should avoid it like the plague :snooty:

I have the same problem Ginette, as you might remember from my topic. When I don't use an AHA moisturizer, I can keep my skin moist but I get loose flakes. When I use lots of AHA, the flakes go away temporarily to be replaced with extremely dry scaly skin. I'm going to try and find the right combination of both, and hopefully that solves the problem.

I have the same problem Ginette, as you might remember from my topic. When I don't use an AHA moisturizer, I can keep my skin moist but I get loose flakes. When I use lots of AHA, the flakes go away temporarily to be replaced with extremely dry scaly skin. I'm going to try and find the right combination of both, and hopefully that solves the problem.

Better to keep your skin moist without AHA and have some loose flakes rather than dry up your skin badly with an AHA and then when you stop the AHA, have the flakes come in great amounts. I had this experience a few times already with several different AHA moisturizers and I'm never going back to AHA. I can manage the loose flakes fairly well which come with non-AHA moisturizers and would prefer them any day over severly dry skin and wrinkles and not being able to smile or play trumpet ;) .

Well of course, but wouldn't a happy medium be the best? I'm thinking if I mix a small amount of AHA moisturizer in with Cetaphil in the mornings only, it might be enough to take the flakes away without leaving me desert-faced.

Well of course, but wouldn't a happy medium be the best? I'm thinking if I mix a small amount of AHA moisturizer in with Cetaphil in the mornings only, it might be enough to take the flakes away without leaving me desert-faced.

Not a bad idea... :D Get back to us how it works out. :think:

Guest Poker-Butt

:think: all this AHA talk has left me like :eh:

well still no word on my shipment..probably be here on tuesday ...but i think my skin is already getting used to the bp ...

anyway, thats what i do ... for ex. today i skipped my morning application of bp...cuz i felt my face a tad sensitive and a tad pinkish ....but tonite...bp is on!

You gotta tell us what products you're using.