Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aaron98

leaving lids off??

hi. i find whenever i get i knew 'batch' of retin-a it seems to work better.

is this because i left the old one lying around without a lid on?

I actually have noticed this, too. It seems when I get near the end of a tube of my RAM, it starts getting less effective. I guess all the opening of it allows light into the medicine, which I think stops the RAM from doing its job. That's why it's sealed in a metal tube, isn't it? Because it's photoreactive?

I actually have noticed this, too. It seems when I get near the end of a tube of my RAM, it starts getting less effective. I guess all the opening of it allows light into the medicine, which I think stops the RAM from doing its job. That's why it's sealed in a metal tube, isn't it? Because it's photoreactive?

Think about it this way, if light got in the tube, wouldn't it hit the section you are using at that moment nearest the top, not keep hitting the bottom of the tube? I am sure the metal tube protects it from light, but I don't think when you get down to the bottom it really has less of an effect, maybe just imaginary. By the way how is retin a micro working for you?

Think about it this way, if light got in the tube, wouldn't it hit the section you are using at that moment nearest the top, not keep hitting the bottom of the tube? I am sure the metal tube protects it from light, but I don't think when you get down to the bottom it really has less of an effect, maybe just imaginary. By the way how is retin a micro working for you?

That makes sense.

And it's working nicely. It along with minocycline twice daily has been a winner combo for me. My acne is pretty much completely gone. All I have now are red marks and less noticeable milia (and really oily skin, which I've been using the topical Xerac AC to get under control). I'd prefer to get on a low dose of Accutane, but my mother is still steadily against it. Oh well. I'll take what I can get. I'm much happier not having to worry about covering my face up with my hair this year like I was last year. :)