Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
osci666

Exfoliating okay?

I was just wondering if exfoliating or using products that would make ur skin peel be beneficial on rolling scars? Would it not make the rolling scar deeper? I am just wondering if I should continue using products on the entire face or leave out products on the rolling scars....... need advice :(

i USE BP2.5% for exfoliating , but only exfoliating around the eyes(what a shame). what r u useing and how it is?

i USE BP2.5% for exfoliating , but only exfoliating around the eyes(what a shame). what r u useing and how it is?

I have been exfoliating with "aspirin mask" every other day. And i think i over did it because i developed 2 shallow rolling scars. I stopped now since the development, think i will only exfoliate once every 1-2weeks instead of everyother day. Think there is something called collagen breakdown when u over use exfoliation products, but i cant confirm cuz i cant find any info on excessive exfoliation.

Do u use exfoliating products over ur entire face including the scars? or do u leave out the scars?

I have been exfoliating with "aspirin mask" every other day. And i think i over did it because i developed 2 shallow rolling scars. I stopped now since the development, think i will only exfoliate once every 1-2weeks instead of everyother day. Think there is something called collagen breakdown when u over use exfoliation products, but i cant confirm cuz i cant find any info on excessive exfoliation.

Do u use exfoliating products over ur entire face including the scars? or do u leave out the scars?

I use exfoliating(BP) over the scar,but NOT around the eye or mouth,after that, I even left the scar without appling moisturizer , I put moistuizer on the other part of my face ,especially eye area and mouth.because I WANT the scar face peel and try.(I feel myself a bit cray,dunt do that to youself,you maybe sick by doing this :confused: ),

nice to hear from you,how is your rolling scar today? I got some pimples on my side-chin,many scar on my front face. BP is helping me so much both on the pimple n scar(a bit)

Thanks for the reply Gowf, my rolling scar is still there. Its actually pretty big diameter wise but luckily i suppose it is shallow in depth. I do not know where it came from, the only reasons that i came to conclusion are excessive exfoliating cuz i was doing it every other day for like 2months. Apparently over exfoliating can lead to collagen break down. Or the scar was alredy under myskin from previous acne and other skin covered it, and i exfoliated those skin revealing the rolling scar. There are not many sites that i can find info for this, but i have read maybe from 1-2 that lead me to my conclusions. I am going to exfoliate every 1-2 weeks from now on, and not put any of the peeling products on the scar, im scared it might grow radially or depth wise. :wall:

Im thinking of buying that copper peptide thing or retin-A, heard it was good for shallow stuff. Im not sure what to do, still kinda shocked cuz the rolling scar came from no where. :(