Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hapkidoman

Is It Normal for BP gel to make your skin worse before it gets better?

I have been using benzoyl peroxide for two weeks now (I have been using Dan's gel for the past week) and on day eight my skin was terrific. Absolutely perfect - except for the hyperpigmentation- however, after about day 11 or 12 my skin has gotten worse. Before it got worse my skin - due to BP - was literally glowing because my skin was finally able to repair itself (I also use alpha hydroxy acid which might have caused this considering it removes dead skin cells from your face)

Lately, my skin is oilier than normal and I am having more acne than normal. How long does this "stage" last until my acne leaves for good (if it ever does)? Is it normal for the acne to get worse after nearly two weeks of being on the BP gel? I always thought that it got worse a lot sooner than that. Thanks for all your help.

it can sometimes take up to 3 months to see optimal results with the Regimen. And actually, that is true for most acne treatment regimens, on average around 6 weeks to see noticeable results.

Hang in there!