Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I bet a lot of people have tried doing this. I thinking about trying this but I don't know what would happen if I do. I just want to know people's experiences washing your facing using water only.

I bet a lot of people have tried doing this. I thinking about trying this but I don't know what would happen if I do. I just want to know people's experiences washing your facing using water only.

My sister used to do it. Weeks later she would break out. But when she tried some acne cleansers she broke out even more. I don't think with water you will get a thorough wash eliminating build up oil in your pores.

Have you tried Purpose Gentle Wash? If not, it's a cleanser that is so gentle you don't have to worry about anything. :)

Give it a try if you haven't! It's much better than plain ole water lol

My sister used to do it. Weeks later she would break out. But when she tried some acne cleansers she broke out even more. I don't think with water you will get a thorough wash eliminating build up oil in your pores.

Have you tried Purpose Gentle Wash? If not, it's a cleanser that is so gentle you don't have to worry about anything. :)

Give it a try if you haven't! It's much better than plain ole water lol

Ok, I will but does that wash cause any dryness? Thanks!

Ok, I will but does that wash cause any dryness? Thanks!

I only been using it less than a week, and acne.org introduced it to me from the positive reviews that I read.

http://www.acne.org/rate_item.php?item_id=19

I gave it a review so you may want to read it. :)

This cleanser washes everything out, leaving your clean, fresh, and balanced. No dryness!

I wash twice a day, morning and night. I use it in the shower. I use a small amount (not a full pump) and lather it very well and apply and wash about 50 seconds and wash off. My skin is left fresh, super clean without any irritation, dryness, or tightness. It does not irritate acne or blemishes.

I used Neutrogena Oil-Free wash for over a year, and well, I threw it out. lol It never gave me that incredible clean wash like Purpose. I don't care if this face wash does not have any acne ingredients cause I am using Neosporin for mild breakouts or Glycolic Acid 10% Lotion.

i do!

i wash only with water in the morning. and wash my face properly at night with spectro jel.

it definitely did not worsen acne. and it's gentle in the morning since even spectro jel is slightly irritating to me (from the alcohol i think). of course, water can't get every single bit of oil off, but it does an ok job. btw, you wouldn't want a squeeky clean face with absolutely no oil. this oil is your skin's way of protecting itself; so it's very beneficial. the oil your skin produces is NOT the cause of pimples. so, don't worry about the oil, everybody looks oily to some extent when they wake up.

i recommend it, unless your face becomes super dirty after sleeping, which is i hope not the case. :)

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll try to wash my face with water for a week and see what happens. If I don't see any improvement I'll use the cleanser that was recommended.

That's the best thing to do and see how it goes. :)

I wanted to say also that the Purpose Cleanser does not strip away the skin's natural oils which makes this cleanser truly top notch.

I wanted to say also that the Purpose Cleanser does not strip away the skin's natural oils which makes this cleanser truly top notch.

That's funny...I thought the purpose of a cleanser WAS to "strip away" natural oils. If it doesn't even do that, why bother washing in the first place? :think:

Bryan

That's funny...I thought the purpose of a cleanser WAS to "strip away" natural oils. If it doesn't even do that, why bother washing in the first place? :think:

Bryan

This cleanser doesn't strip your face away. :D