Notifications
Clear all

ACNE ON THE BUTT

MemberMember
(@lilianita)

Posted : 12/30/2005 6:17 pm

I am in my mid-twenties and I am desperate to find out how to clear up acne on my butt. I have had this problem for a really long time ( i dont remember how long). For some reasons, it can sometimes be not so bad and on other days it will get bad and uncomfortable. I have tried a lot of different things, nothing has worked that good. I want something that will take care of it for good. It is really embarassing since it is not very common. I dont have acne anywhere but there, I also now have scars. Thank God there is now the Internet so that I can actually ask the world for help. I thought even going to the doctor was embarassing. I am going to try apple cider vinegar for now.

Any advice or suggestions would be really appreciated.

MemberMember
(@noleafclover)

Posted : 12/30/2005 6:35 pm

have you tried exfoliating with body scrub? I used this stuff called "nickel" on my chest and it cleared me up after about 2 months (just got facial acne now)

what about bp? (at night ofcourse) i guess that could get a bit messy though.

Acne on the butt isn't actually that uncommon, depending on how severe you're talking.

It would make sense to wear clothes that let your skin "breath", but i guess you'v already figured that out....

MemberMember
(@surfer)

Posted : 02/07/2006 6:10 pm

I'm 22/male and I had this problem for a long time. Mostly very small pimples with the occasional large one. I simply switched to cotton boxers and the problem was solved. Now all I have to deal with are those pesky red marks on my white ass. From your username I am assuming you're a woman, so you might not want to switch to boxers. Exfoliating and Neutregena(sp?) is a great idea. And give these at least a month before giving up. If those don't work, the see a dermatologist, that's their job right :D . And butt acne is a common occurence, but it is embarassing so most won't admit to it.

MemberMember
(@reenz)

Posted : 02/07/2006 6:25 pm

exfoliate and moisturize?

MemberMember
(@surfer)

Posted : 02/07/2006 6:34 pm

The butt moves in many different ways throughout the day, causing clothes to rub up against it while you walk and sit. Exfoliating gets rid of all the junk on the surface of the skin so it won't be ground into your pores. Might seem strange to exfoliate your butt, but it has helped others. As far as moisturizing...I have no idea.

MemberMember
(@mac)

Posted : 02/07/2006 8:42 pm

Id rather have acne on my butt then my face so sorry dotn feel that bad for ya

MemberMember
(@surfer)

Posted : 02/07/2006 10:28 pm

Id rather have acne on my butt then my face so sorry dotn feel that bad for ya

Yes everyone would rather have acne on their butt than their face. But if you only had acne on your butt wouldn't you want it gone lol? She's asking for help not pity. This is the body acne section right?

MemberMember
(@fena)

Posted : 02/07/2006 11:05 pm

I'm 28 and I've had back acne forever...The regimen has cleared up my face, but it was unrealistic for my back....

Bad advice but it worked for me - I scrub my back daily with a long brush and I tan once aweek. Bacne gone. I'm sure it would work for buttne too. But yeah, I know how some people feel about tanning. Just a thought. It works. For me anyway.

MemberMember
(@papaya)

Posted : 02/08/2006 2:04 pm

I am almost 30...and I have just began seriously (instead of intuitively) researching this issue (rear acne). I have had this problem for several years and have tried everything: soaps, scrubs, cotton panties, peroxcides, lotions and probably more! From what I gather, and from my experience, trying so hard and being so aggressive, has actually resulted in a rapidly worsened condition. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Of course, part of me feels I should stop fighting it (accept myself), but at the same time....here I am!

I just saw a lotion which claims to stop "butt" acne but it is basically sacylic acid(SP?)-been there; done that! I have also read about Oratin and Collidal Silver...any experience / opinions???

Thanks for whatever can be provided! ;)

MemberMember
(@surfer)

Posted : 02/08/2006 2:52 pm

Papaya, First off, I have never heard of Oritin or Silver, but I also never had a bad condition. What kind of acne is it? Small pimples or large ones? Are they just red spots or do they become enflamed? If you get ones that become large and enflamed then your first step should be to go to the dermatologist. Don't be ashamed to show your bum, that's their job. He'll probably give you some shots(shouldn't hurt) and some antibiotics. This should clear up the infection, then you can talk to the doc to see where to go from there. If all you have are very small, red pimples, then it could be due to ingrown hairs. You might not think you have a hairy butt, but there is hair down there. You have a couple of options here. There is a product called "No Bump Rx" which is mainly used for razor burn I believe, but some have had success with this and ingrown hairs(you can also try anything that actually says it helps with ingrown hairs). Exfoliating also helps with ingrown hairs. Another cause could be a hormonal imbalance. Do you see a doctor regularly, and if so, do you tell him/her about this problem? Since you've had this issue for so long, I think you should definately see a doctor first.

MemberMember
(@rierie)

Posted : 02/08/2006 11:27 pm

i am 21 and i get this problem every now and again too. i also have some acne on the face. pleh.

MemberMember
(@supercelebs)

Posted : 02/10/2006 9:59 am

neutrogena body clear body wash worked very well on clearing my body acne.. although it was pretty drying to my skin.. i ran out and havent used for a few weeks and none of the acne has really came back.. and i had a problem with body acne for years.

MemberMember
(@ac3)

Posted : 02/10/2006 3:41 pm

See a dermatologist, they won't mind.. It's nothing to be embarassed off.. They probabily saw other people before..

Don't accept antibiotics though, as it might lead to facial acne as well ;(

MemberMember
(@kittenkaboodle)

Posted : 02/20/2006 8:26 pm

I usually don't have any butt-ne, but I recently broke out with like 9 zits on my butt. I think it was a reaction to a new detergent. Well, I bought Aqua Glycolic's body lotion with 14% glycolic acid. So far, it's working like a charm, and they are all going away. My butt is soo much smoother too! It stings when you put it on, but I'd say it's worth a shot. It's great for red marks, too. I <3 glycolic acid!!!

MemberMember
(@s-and-s)

Posted : 02/23/2006 5:48 am

i would rather have golf ball zits on my ass then have acne on my face. then again it ake that back because i bet sitting down is hell. i would take m&m sized zits on my ass over face acne anyday.

MemberMember
(@the-canadian)

Posted : 08/21/2010 3:20 am

I've had this problem too and so have my sisters. For whatever reason, using any cleansing product makes it worse and I have to use a laundry soap that is perfume and dye free as well as the fabric softener. All of my panties are hung to dry so there is no fabric softener on those at all. I have had best results with using hot water only while showering. I will occasionally use rubbing alcohol which helps clear it some. It never seems to fully go away. I will try the luffa and see it that helps. Does anyone else find that using any types/brands of soaps make it worse. Moisturizer doesn't help either. It makes it worse as well.

Thank you for reading.

MemberMember
(@ispillthebeans)

Posted : 08/21/2010 3:09 pm

Wear cotton underwear - I swear by this!

MemberMember
(@the-canadian)

Posted : 04/11/2011 2:54 am

lilianita, Hello. I have been dealing with this issue for years myself. I have found that my skin seems hypersensitive to laundry soaps and fabric softeners as well as body soap.

I wash all my laundry in a laundry soap that is scent and dye free and the same with the fabric softener sheets. I have my own washing machine so I will also give all washings an extra rinse on top of the ones provided in a normal loud'

For body soap, I only use Basis Sensitive skin soap. It works great for me and I us a loofah sponge with it too.

I also follow up with a topical spray Glytone Back Acne Spray (2% Salicylic Acid), that I get from amazon. This has really made a big difference for me. I hope it helps.

post-136297-1302508346_thumb.jpg

post-136297-1302508363_thumb.jpg

post-136297-1302508346_thumb.jpg

post-136297-1302508363_thumb.jpg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/22/2011 1:27 am

i have the same issue, but i don't think using AXE or GILETTE body wash helps it either, damn those commericals. I don't know how to help but yeah it just randomly starts.

MemberMember
(@acneehater)

Posted : 09/22/2011 2:00 am

Change ur underwear!!

MemberMember
(@johnny28)

Posted : 10/05/2011 10:32 am

I have this issue on and off. I'm moisturizing with 20% propylene glycol and it seems to work. The acne on butt could be bacterial or fungi infection of the follicules.

MemberMember
(@vladereign)

Posted : 10/12/2011 9:19 pm

acne on the butt is not that bad compare to the face

MemberMember
(@missmandy6)

Posted : 05/31/2013 4:08 pm

I've had to deal with this problem off and on for years. I think much of it can be attributed to ingrown hairs (even though it's just blonde peach fuzz, it's still hair). I'm a female, late 20's, and it seems to get worse in the summertime. I'm in outside sales so I can spend many hours sitting on a warm leather car seat driving around my territory. When it acts up I exfoliate and use a gentle toner (witch hazel). I've found the exfoliating facial buffs (sold in most drug stores for about $4) work great. I even use a facial mask once or twice a week when I get a really bad flare-up. That helps calm things down. Also, try sprinkling a medicated body powder on (like Goldbond). That seems to help absorb sweat and soothe irritation.