Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disco

Clindamycin?

I was at my family doctor last week and she was the one who pescribe me with the Glades BP 2.5 % and she also pescribe me with an antiboitic for my face called Clindamycin and my medical doesn't cover it which will cost me $53.72. Is this a good idea or no?!!? Is this any good btw?! I'm so lost :(

I've used Clyndamycin and it did wonders for my skin. Thanks to Clindamycin and Proactiv, I stayed clear for over a year.

Guest Virgo

wow rip off... yeah that was the first thing they prescribed for me at my fam. doctor.. the clindamycin gel. i didnt notice any difference when i used it... i heard its like the weakest acne medication

Clindamycin did almost nothing for me, it was too alcoholic and it didn't help my acne. I quit it after 2 months with no results.

I used it in the form of duac, which has benzoyl peroxide plus clindamycin, and it worked wonders. It works much better than any other bp I've used, so the clindamyacin must do something. However, these duac samples seem really easy to come by. My stepmom gave me several full boxes of them from the hospital she worked at, and my doctor also gave me a full box when I asked her what she recommended for acne. So maybe ask around for samples of those (your general practitioner may have some) or see if your insurance covers it before you pay that much.

Thanks for the replys guys. I'm still not sure IF I should get it. I don't want to cause anymore harm. And from the looks of it I think I should be under ACCUTANE. Too bad I don't have a dermatologist. I only have a family doctor and to get a dermatologist she has to recommend me one and she said it would take a long time. SO I asked her if this medications doesn't work can I come back and can you recommend me one. I guess she said try it for one month (or until the medication is gone). I feel so helpless. I think accutane is the only hope for me. My face is really red and I have like more than 6 pimples that are active. What do you guys think I should do?

I was at my family doctor last week and she was the one who pescribe me with the Glades BP 2.5 % and she also pescribe me with an antiboitic for my face called Clindamycin and my medical doesn't cover it which will cost me $53.72. Is this a good idea or no?!!? Is this any good btw?! I'm so lost :(

I used Zindaclin for a few months but it was only effective with benzoyl peroxide and the combination of the 2 nearly stripped the skin off my face. Clindamycin alone is only really effective for mild acne from my experience and from what I've read.

I used Zindaclin for a few months but it was only effective with benzoyl peroxide and the combination of the 2 nearly stripped the skin off my face. Clindamycin alone is only really effective for mild acne from my experience and from what I've read.

I have never tried Zindaclin. In the past, I was prescribed with Glades BP 5% but that made me dry up too much and Tretinoin Cream, USP 0.025% (Generic of Retin-A-Micro) <--Not really sure if that worked if I recalled just remember alot of burning sensations. So I moved onto Proactiv, and I think that was my worst mistake it made me even worst. Then I decided to buy the Murad Acne Kit, only tried it like 2 or 4 times. I don't know what to do so I'm sticking back to Dan's Regimen. Been doing it since the beginning of November. I hope his regimen will work for me because with these new pimple poppin up I just get discourage about which medications will work. :cry: