Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Christmas is over but my face is still the colour of Santa's hat.

I'm on day two of the regimen and my spots have already gone down, I've just got a tiny bit of flaking on some of the older spots and any other dryness is cured by moisturiser. It's just the redness! It's mostly on my cheekbone area, so I look really sunburnt, which is not a good look in the middle of winter! It doesn't hurt at all, it just looks awful and I can't cover it up with make-up without caking it on so thick that I can't move my face.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can make the redness go down before tomorrow night? I don't want to look like a tomato for New Year!

Some people have this reaction to the preservatives in the new CSR gel, which is unfortunate. The good news is that many of those people report that the redness goes away after the first few applications, or after a week or so. If you have an event to go to tomorrow night, I'd suggest you skip the BP application beforehand and just apply it after? Also, remember to start with a very small amount of BP and slowly increase the amount as your skin gets used to it. Good luck.

that happens to me also, but in a lesser degree, around my nose where the skin is softer, u might think about decrease the amount of bp for the first week or so....stick with the regimen, it does work =)

For immediate results (i.e. New Year's) to be honest, I would not use the BP for a day or two, or just apply it very sparingly. Use a lot of moisturizer. I would even pop a few benadryl tablets in hopes of calming down any potential allergy.

I wouldnt stop the regimen at this point but on day two you shouldnt be using very much. The first week I did it at night only- and be careful not to irritate. Also use a very gentle moisturizer. No AHA's or other irritating ingredients this early. Try complex 15 maybe.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I slapped on the moisturiser last night and the redness has actually gone down a bit this morning - I look slightly more human! I think I'm just going to apply a tiny bit of BP to the worst spots this morning then load up on moisturiser and hope and pray it goes down enough by this evening that I can cover it up with make-up.

*fingers crossed*

Use BP sparingly when you start the regime. Build up your tolerance to it.

Wait around 5-10 mins for the BP to absorb into your face properly and then apply a moisturiser.

This will almost definately reduce the initial "red face" appearance when starting the regime.