Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
touchthesky_86

Cost of subcision

For those of you who've had subcision done, I'm just looking to see about how much you paid for it, how many scars you had worked on, and how long it took the doctor. I saw a doctor this week who said he would charge $3000 to do both sides of my face. He said it would take 2 hours, which I don't doubt, but I still find that a bit expensive. I don't have any pictures of my scars, but they look a lot like this guy's here

Most are rolling and pretty shallow, but I just have a lot and they are clumped together on my cheeks. I think I could see good improvement from subcision but don't want to waste a ton of money if I can have it done for cheaper.

Thanks

This sounds like a doctor in New Orleans who quoted me the same (and also said it would take approximately 2 hours to subcise my scars). I went to one of the best docs for subcision IMHO and she charged $600 for my temples, then another $400 for a few scars on my cheeks/ a touchup on a few scars she missed on my temples.

Oh my. Yes, sounds like Loria. At this point, lacking AMAZING testimonials & pics from his patients, I certainly wouldn't do it. For the time and money involved, there would have to be overwhelming evidence that the loron method is FAR superior to regular old subcision. But I have to ask (remember I've never had subcision or anything like it): if it REALLY worked, would it be worth it? He invented a nifty little needle with an itty-bitty sort of machete-like blade on the end & if he spends 2 hours slashing around would that make a difference? Hmmm..... I too had a consultation with him in November and an appt. lined up for a few days before Christmas which I had to cancel. I really liked HIM, though; if he really does spend that much time and covers the entire face, maybe the price isn't as steep as it might seem? I don't know enough to say. Also, I vaguely remember him saying that follow ups were included in the price. Again, I'd have to have some MAJOR evidence that this worked before going ahead.

Are you in the South? There is a doctor here in Dallas that is supposed to be superb at subcision named Dr. Wilson. A poster named Dan T. is being treated by him and is delighted with his results. Either PM me or Dan if you want more info on him. Also, there is another poster on this board who had an appt. with Dr. Wilson yesterday - his name escapes me at the moment, but I plan to talk to him about his treatment as well.

Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress!

He invented a nifty little needle with an itty-bitty sort of machete-like blade on the end

Sounds like just a standard Nokor needle, which comes in different sizes.

btw, when I had my 10 deepest scars graft operated almost a year ago, it took one hour 40 minutes effective operation time and the cost was about us$700.

who does subciscion in new york city?? the best is a doc who someone on here went to had a great experience and got great results. if you've just heard, i'm not as interested. thanks!

Yeah, it was Dr. Loria. I'd really like to have him to do it, because it seems like his blade would be much more effective than just a needle. But, $3000 is just way too much for me without being guaranteed some dramatic results.

Kooky, which Dr. did you see and where is she located?

Sounds like just a standard Nokor needle, which comes in different sizes

No, it's not same thing; he brought in both his and the Nokor and there are substantial differences between the two. Whether or not this MATTERS in the long run, I don't know.

Yeah, it was Dr. Loria. I'd really like to have him to do it, because it seems like his blade would be much more effective than just a needle.

A "regular" subcision needle (aka Nokor) is not "just" a regular needle. It has a little blade on the end of it, too, and was designed specifically for this procedure. I like Dr. Loria, but I can't justify the cost because I've yet to see evidence that the loron procedure is SO MUCH MORE effective than regular subcision with a Nokor; if it IS far superior, I wouldn't have any problem going ahead....

Does it matter WHERE you find a subcision doctor? Kooky's is in Chicago and I know of a great one in Dallas...