Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GuardedlyOptimistic

Sheer Cover? Bare Minerals: Worth it?

Hi guys.

I was wondering if any of you have had any experiences with bare minerals or sheer cover? I see the infomercials and am tempted to call and order some but i'm worried it really won't give me the coverage I need?

Can you guys help me out?

GO

Hi guys.

I was wondering if any of you have had any experiences with bare minerals or sheer cover? I see the infomercials and am tempted to call and order some but i'm worried it really won't give me the coverage I need?

GO

I use Bare escentuals minerals, it gives you a natural look, but to get the coverage I want I have to use a concealer.

I would try it if I were you... It may break some people out but that may not be the same for you. If you need more coverage on certain areas (like red marks) just put a bit of concealer on those areas. I do that and it works well.

Last night I used Bare escentuals and i was at my male friend's house and we cuddled and everything and when i left it didnt really rub off or anything. It still looked good. I joked to him saying when I leave my face is going to look so bad but it didnt. I think the real trick is to not use too much moisturizer under it... you have to figure out how much you need or dont need.

I use bare minerals and love it. It seems so much more healthier and natural than the liquid foundation. In fact, I used bare minerals for a week or so and couldn't decide if I liked it, so went back to my old liquid foundation. The liquid foundation felt so heavy and thick and cakey compared to the bare minerals.

I agree you do need a concealer for the specific red marks, but I use the bare minerals as a concealor first. What I do is take a small make up brush, one that you probably normally use for lips, and put a tiny tiny amount of the bare minerals on the tip of the brush. Then dot the makeup over your red mark, and gently blend in. Then do the rest of your makeup the way the bare minerals company instructs you to (buff, tap, the whole nine...)

This stuff covers so well, I can go the entire day and have a face full of pimples and you'd never know! My mother-in-law is under the impression that I don't have acne and is always saying, "your skin is so beautiful"....if she only knew!

just make sure you moisturize or the makeup will tend to flake on dry skin.

hope that helps!

Guest Poker-Butt

fuck yea its worth it! i use BE aand i love it ...wouldnt trade it for the world

I've only tried it (Bare Minerals)once, my aunt bought it and let me try it. It did look natural, and covered pretty well, but it didn't give me a completely flawless complexion. Overall, I think it's better than other brands though (drugstore and department store).

I'd say it's worth a shot. By the way, if you're going to try Bare Minerals, I'd check out an Ulta store (if you have one near you, if not you can check out their website at ulta.com) In their ad they have a Bare Minerals kit that includes a cleanser, two bare minerals spf foundations, flawless application face brush, full coverage kabuki brush, maximum coverage concealer brush, bare minerals warmth, mineral veil, and a dvd all for $60, normally a $180 value.

If I wasn't so happy with my Jane Iredale makeup I would've bought it >.< but I'm a product junkie and have no room for it anyway, lol

^i ordered some samples from jlynn and im not sure if i like it. have to experiement with them a bit more. how are the iredale mmus? can u tell me more about them?

BE is the BOMB!!! Been using it for over a year and I love it... I've never broke out using this product and you get such a beautiful natural look from it. Even when my acne was bad, it did a decent job of covering my flaws... Don't get me wrong, it didn't complete cover everything, but it did leave me with my best face forward everytime I use it. Now that my acne is under control, the application and coverage is even better... It just takes practice to perfect the look that is right for you... It feels wonderful on your skin as well... I hope this is helpful!!

Hi guys.

GO

Hey I have used Sheer Cover for about a month now. I LOVE the concealer, but the actual foundation itself makes my skin super shiny and oily. I have NEVER had oily skin in my life so it really amazed me that this makeup could actually make me oily. It also makes your pores look super huge. I'm sending it back for a refund and expecting my bare minerals shipment any day. I hope I have better luck with it. Don't be fooled by the cheaper cost of Sheer Cover. I guess it's true, you get what you pay for!

BE scares me because of the Mica and Bismuth Oxychloride in it. Those particular ingredients completely broke me out in awful cysts.

Even though I know you're done with 'tane and have good results, I urge you to be wary of BE.

Guest fatallyours

Bare Minerals is wonderful, it's so soft and natural looking. When I'm having really bad skin days (like right now I'm on Accutane &still having breakouts from it) it doesn't cover much. But it does help tone down redness and blotchiness. I wear MAC's Studio Fix overtop if there isn't enough coverage.

My experience with it has been bad. It made my skin really itchy and I wanted to scratch my face all day. I think it was due to the mica in it. I try to avoid that at all cost. On tv, you can see sort of a "glow" on the faces after they apply it. Well when I put it on my face, it made it really shiny looking like my face was oily. I would have to say that it did cover fairly well and the concept is pretty cool. It wasn't for me but if your interested you can always get samples on ebay just try it.