Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
binh_espn

How long 4 red spots to clear

so my skin is almost clear of acne, the skin is smooth when i touch it, not a lot of pumps, but now left with lots of red spots and it bothers me :mad:

i know it will go away with time, but how long it normally take??? and is there any way to make it go away faster??

It depends on how dark these red spots are... some red spots are milder than others, and can fade quickly. But, normally, it can take anywhere for 3-6 months to fade.

Exfoliating gently (And I emphasize "gently") every day, once a day, will certainly help. Use a mild exfoliator like Got2b "Pore Me" scrub, and then apply an ointment meant for scarring to the skin at night. I use Polysporin Triple. You can also put a bandaid on it, so that it doesn't get wiped away accidently while you sleep. this has definitely helped me!

1. wash face/exfoliate

2. do the regimen (BP)

3. polysporin or neosporin + bandaid

Hope this helps!

my skin is smooth and also red marks and ive had them for like 2 long ass motha Fkin years now and thats like 10 years actually lol

go easy on antibiotics. it'll cause worse problems if u use it often

use a lotion or moisturizer with alpha hydroxy, like glycolic acid. it'll help remove red marks

so my skin is almost clear of acne, the skin is smooth when i touch it, not a lot of pumps, but now left with lots of red spots and it bothers me :mad:

i know it will go away with time, but how long it normally take??? and is there any way to make it go away faster??

I'm 100% clear from the regimen (been on for 5 months) My red marks have faded a good bit, but they're still very easy to notice. I read about the tape exfoliation method and have been using that for a little over 3 weeks. I've seen more improvement just in the last 3 weeks than I have in the entire 5 months. I've had no irritation or problems with this method of exfoliation. It also seems to have helped with the healing of some mild scarring I have (slightly indented and red scars). They look smoother and less red now.

Best thing for red spots anyone could do is do nothing. Leave them and they will leave you - not as soon as you like but they eventually do...just be patient.

I second using a moisturizer containing glycolic acid, I believe the Neutrogena one in my sig is eligable. You could also try a glycolic acid peel, although you must be careful with those.