Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've used so many different products it's not funny anymore. The products seem to work for about a month or two, but then they stop working. What should I do? I have a drawer full of products that stopped working!

I've used so many different products it's not funny anymore. The products seem to work for about a month or two, but then they stop working. What should I do? I have a drawer full of products that stopped working!

been there done that. I have really limited what I use now. All im doing is washing with alpha hydox foaming face wash (I use a facial brush to scub it in with) then in the moring after washing I apply my strixaderm (wich I think is helping my scars, brown spots and wrinkles without any dryness or peeling) then at night I wash again and apply stridex power pads to my face then I apply strixaderm. I just started using the power pads on my face a few days ago, prior to that I was just useing them on my chest and back with excellent results, but my face was getting some blackheads so I felt I needed something extra for that prob that wouldnt get in the way of my strixaderm working. So far all is working well, my blackheads are going away, and skin looks good.

Aladrien, did you ever think that maybe they're not working because you're using so many products? Instead of using a bunch of different products, why not find a single product you like and keep your regimen simple?

I know what you're saying, and it's not like I'm using a bunch of different products at the same time. But over the course of my life I've used a lot of different products. They just seem to wear out over time. Some people have said that I should alternate products from day to day or week to week so that my skin doesn't get used to just one kind. Does that work?

Do you know of any product that works for combination skin with acne? That's my biggest problem, I can't find a single product to help my combination skin.

Switching products from day to day isn't a very good idea, as it'll irritate your skin and likely cause even more acne. For a product, have you ever tried using 2.5% BP with the regimen on this site? It works for almost everyone, save those with extremely severe cystic acne.