Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
okermom

Just starting..what products do you recommend

I would like to try my teenage daughter on this regimen after trying almost everything else. What over the counter products specificallly do you recommend. I would prefer something I can buy at the local store rather than online!!! Appreciate any advice I can get!!

I went to Walmart and bought Johnson & Johnson Head to Toe wash, because it was cheap and I'd read a review on it.

I also bought Stridex Power Pads at Walmart. I just went to Walmart and spent about 30 minutes reading each acne med and looked for an affordable product with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Then I already had a moisturizer at home, but I went today to buy Purpose, Dual Treatment Moisture Lotion with SPF 15.

I'm on day 8, and already see a difference, but it's tough. I'm itchy...but I know it's working.

i'd stick with the tried and true regimen if i were you.

wash with purpose face wash morning and evening followed my neutrogena on the spot (bp to treat acne) and then moisturize with Eucerin Skin Renewal Day Lotion SPF 15,

you can also look at other products suggested specifically for the regimen here along with ratings:

http://www.acne.org/rate.php?disp_cat=1&anchor=browse#browse

hope this helps!

over-the-counter products are going to depend on where you live. In the US, you can find Purpose bar or liquid wash, Basis bar, Cetaphil bar or liquid wash, among many others. For otc benzoyl peroxide, pretty much only thing available in the US is Neutrogena on-the-spot. For moisturizers, there are many to choose from, Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer, Neutrogena sensitive skin moisturizer, Purpose moisturizer, Cetaphil moisturizer.

If you live in Canada, the Spectro Jel products are usually well-liked, in the UK, I think there is Oxy on-the-spot (or oxy sensitive) and Pears soap or Simple soap that is well-liked, I'm not sure about moisturizers in the UK.

Hope this helps.