Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Donkey_Puncher

The regimin that got me 100% clear!!!!!!!!!!!

I had mild/moderate acne. I'm a 20 year old male. I've tried pretty much every OTC product there is. Nothing seemed to work well except for THIS regimin. I am now 100% clear except for a few red marks. This regimin cleared me up in record time as well that i really can't believe the results. I hated using Benzol peroxide and products with salicyclic acid as it irritated the hell out of my skin. So here's my regimin that cleared me up:

MORNING:

1. wash face with Cetaphil gentle cleanser

2. while face is lathered up, use a facial brush to exfoliate your skin. (i got this idea from Jessfoliation thread but i use a facial brush instead of a pedicure brush which i found at Shopper's Drugmart)

3. After i brush my face for about a minute, i wash off with lukewarm water. (Never use hot water because it strips your skin's oils)

4. After that, i apply Polysporin OINTMENT. ( I don't use the cream because they have different ingredients. One partiular thing i noticed was that the ointment had something caleld Bactrium Zinc. I heard Zinc was good for your skin so i used the ointment instead of the cream)

During the day just go by your normal activities. When you shower make sure you don't use HOT water because again it strips your natural oils. If you must use HOT water keep the shower under 10 minutes. I also take vitamin C suppplements as it supports a healthy immune system. As for moisturizer if you feel your skin getting dry or irrated due to the products or change of weather then you can apply a moisturizer of your choice. Make sure its non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic.

NIGHT:

1. Wash face with Spectrojel

2. Apply differin cream to problem areas.

And THATS IT!!

After a few weeks my skin is CLEAR!!!!! I have a few redmarks left but the polysporin is taking care of that. Thats all i needed to do to get rid of my acne and i hope this helps others.

**SHAVING ADVICE FOR THE GUYS

After i shower i consider this the best time to shave. I used Nivea sensitive skin shaving cream and a Mach 3 razor. I don't use an electric shaver because that made me break out like crazy. It leaves hair in your face which attracts bacteria and oil. By using a razor, you are completely getting rid of the hair off your face which i believe REALLY helped my acne. After i finish shaving, I apply the Nivea sensitive after shave balm. After that, my face is sooo smooth and feels so clean.

GOOD LUCK

I have polysporin ointment cause my hubbie had a minor surgery on his back last year, my question is I get zits on my neck from certain foods, try as I might, sometimes I eat something with those certain foods and get break out on my neck, right now the only thing i can do to cear them up is a dab of bp when I get home from work and then exfoliate and put MOM on them overnite, it seems to work great, but would the polysporin work much faster at taken care of this stuff? thnaks

hey ihatezits, please reply, just don't want to take the chance that polysporin will not work on these zits on my neck! As you can tell, I want them gone ASAP!!!!!

hey ihatezits, please reply, just don't want to take the chance that polysporin will not work on these zits on my neck! As you can tell, I want them gone ASAP!!!!!

You should try Neosporin Cream (I'd be hesitant to try ointments because there's a possibility of breaking out). I'm following a really similar regimen as ihatezits and I'm 100% clear too.

Good luck :)

I have polysporin ointment cause my hubbie had a minor surgery on his back last year, my question is I get zits on my neck from certain foods, try as I might, sometimes I eat something with those certain foods and get break out on my neck, right now the only thing i can do to cear them up is a dab of bp when I get home from work and then exfoliate and put MOM on them overnite, it seems to work great, but would the polysporin work much faster at taken care of this stuff? thnaks

It's hard for me to give you a direct answer without knowing what your skin looks like and how your skin reacts to certain products. All i can say is that polysporin, for me, helped the healing process of the zits and also helped with red marks that were left from older zits. You can try putting on the polysporiin during the day and using the BP at night like you've been doing.