Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When I came across this site, I went out and bought Neutrogena OTS treatment and cetaphil moisturizer, and I was already using purpose bar soap. When I started the cetaphil, it wasn't too bad, but the longer I use BP, the more cetaphil burns my face. I got Dan's regimen BP on Tuesday, and switched to that, continuing with the cetaphil, and no change, except now it also turns my face red. That goes away, but stays red where it's dry around my mouth.

I went two days without using BP at all, just the cetaphil to see if I needed a break, and the cetaphil alone burns. It feels like I want to go stick my face in a bucket of ice water. It's been like 2 weeks, and still hurts just as much as ever. I've thought of switching to Neutrogena's Healthy Skin moisturizer so I can get some AHA's, do you think that'd help?

I should add, the bp alone feels fine on my face, just tight and dry. Once I add moisturizer, ouch!!

that's why don't settle on just one product because every skin is different. i use Cetaphil by the way and it works great on my skin.

i hated the cetaphil cleanser, made my skin so greasy and burned like hell..not a fan of the cleanser either

consider trying a different moisturizer. For some reason, the Neutrogena moisturizers did that same thing to me, so I can't use those. And I've never tried Cetaphil.

And no, I don't think using the Neutrogena Healthy skin face lotion will help, it has a strong percentage of AHA and will probably sting.

Try switching moisturizers and see if that helps, alot of people seem to tolerate Complex 15 pretty well, you might look into that one.

cetaphil lotion got citric acid in it and cetaphil cream got lactic acid in it. which are both alpha hydroxy acids so it may burn on some people a little.

Cetaphil and Neutrogena both burned my skin. I have found oil od olay complete to be the only thing that does not burn my skin, and it doesn't go on very shiny.

which cetaphil mousturizer are you using?.....i use the one with SPF 15...for sensitive skin....works awsome for me and doesent have a strong smell..

yeah cetaphil burns my skin to where i can only use bp once a day. I was using eucerin til it was discontinued and i quit for about 2 months but now i realize that you can order it off of drugstore.com. Can't wait til it comes in, haha.