Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ken1990

Serious Acne Depression! Need Help!

Hey guys, i'm new to this forum.. juz wanna share with you guys.. i'm 15years old this year and my acne problem started during last year december.. i regret not looking after my skin properly and i develop serious acne problems.. i took a long time before i appoarch my first doctor.. during that period of time, i would usually pop my pimples whenever they appear on my face.. they seem to reduce their size but they leave an awful scar =( i wasnt the same person i used to be.. i have no confidence at all to face my peers and meeting new people due to my ance problem.. i became very unsociable, often rejecting dates with my peers.. i would rather stay at home all day den facing the people outside.. i wish to regain my confidence back and i think the only way is to cure my acne.. i'm very afraid getting awful scars.. i'm a person who is very conscious of my looks.. help please..

well you have to take the first step and stop picking at your face. It just makes it worse and leaves scars. Don't worry, we all cave at sometime but you don't need to make a habit of it. And if you already have, get rid of it lol.

Everyone is self conscience of their looks. Be it acne or something totally different. What I found out that helps me is that people don't see me as I see myself. When I look in the mirror, I notice every little pimple and red mark. When another person looks at you, they see you as a whole. Basically its not as bad as you think. I mean, I know I don't have perfect skin but I just can't focus on every little flaw because that will make my life more miserable than it already is.

Have you tried anything for your skin? Maybe you have, maybe you haven't but you have to find the right product that can keep your acne under control. Just know that not many things will get you perfectly clear or close to clear. You have to experiment. I suggest that if you have already tried everything, then Accutane is a good option.

I'm no expert, but I hope I helped you abit.

We all went or we're going threw that period.

It's hard life with acne and you need some time to adjust.

It' very possible that you are overreaciting and it isn't as bad as you think.

You need to know that acne will pass.

If you are religious God is your defence.

Be positive and in that situation find something positive.

You'll change you know you''ll se world in hall new way,you''ll become sensitive and you''l never make fun of people cause the way they look(fat,I don't know what else except acne

Currently using Doxycycline for a month and nth has changed though =( wish i could get out of this nightmare ASAP and enjoy sociable lifes that my friends can have.. i really envy them.. hmm would lik to try the steaming method.. anyone clear acne using only that way ?

I was just like you not long ago, posting a very similat post about depression. I agree that you need to stop picking on your face, and see a derm to perscribe you something. I may not be the exact same confident person I was before acne, but things do get better, a lot better.

Just hang in there, you'll clear up. acne doesn't clear up from one day to another so try having some patience.. I know its hard and I know how you feel because I felt the same exact way as you. but now my skin is looking really great and if you keep a positive atitude your skin will clear up faster than you know it.

What are u currently using on your skin?

Acne sucks.

But you also have to remember that even people without acne are self conscious about their looks...so don't let acne totally ruin your social life.

Guest quack

you definitely need to stop touching your face ... because of bacteria and all that (it may make acne worse).

the best thing to do is to probably do some "acne research" and go to a derm.

Hey guys, i'm new to this forum.. juz wanna share with you guys.. i'm 15years old this year and my acne problem started during last year december.. i regret not looking after my skin properly and i develop serious acne problems.. i took a long time before i appoarch my first doctor.. during that period of time, i would usually pop my pimples whenever they appear on my face.. they seem to reduce their size but they leave an awful scar =( i wasnt the same person i used to be.. i have no confidence at all to face my peers and meeting new people due to my ance problem.. i became very unsociable, often rejecting dates with my peers.. i would rather stay at home all day den facing the people outside.. i wish to regain my confidence back and i think the only way is to cure my acne.. i'm very afraid getting awful scars.. i'm a person who is very conscious of my looks.. help please..

You're in the same shitty situation as me. What I am going to do right now is to buy the Dermalux lamp to make sure I do not get any more life-long scars. Secondly I will treat the damned scars I have already got with Tretinoin-iontophoresis, which This article claims will help. Hopefully it will.

BUT BEFORE YOU GET ANYMORE SCARS - QUICKLY BUY THE DERMALUX LAMP. PEOPLE SAY IT MAKES THEIR ACNE GO AWAY. DO IT BEFORE YOU GET MORE SCARS --> THEY ARE IF NOT COMPLETELY THEN ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE:..don't wait. I wish someone had told me those words 16 months ago - so now I'm giving them to you. You'll regret it if you wait.

You're in the same shitty situation as me. What I am going to do right now is to buy the Dermalux lamp to make sure I do not get any more life-long scars. Secondly I will treat the damned scars I have already got with Tretinoin-iontophoresis, which This article claims will help. Hopefully it will.

BUT BEFORE YOU GET ANYMORE SCARS - QUICKLY BUY THE DERMALUX LAMP. PEOPLE SAY IT MAKES THEIR ACNE GO AWAY. DO IT BEFORE YOU GET MORE SCARS --> THEY ARE IF NOT COMPLETELY THEN ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE:..don't wait. I wish someone had told me those words 16 months ago - so now I'm giving them to you. You'll regret it if you wait.

And just think what a pretty boy you used to be. Now you will end up marrying a negress. (or become a cheap homosexual prostitute, just to survive)

zxc.. stop scaring me will ya.. =_="

er replying to Donkey143.. i'm eating some medincine provided by the doctor called Doxcycline.. and i'm using Tretinoin cream USP. not reali good with all those.. but they dun seem to work.. i'm getting worried.. i dun mind letting acne ruin my teenage life.. but dun ruin my adult life too! i'm very worried abt the scars now.. i reali dun wanna have a face full of acne scars, it's so awful..

Btw, tell me more abt Accutane anyone? wad does it do or wad is it? lolx uncertain here..

ken1990, sorry if you feel that I am scaring you, but you should be GRATEFUL that I tell you this because it is the TRUTH!

If you can prevent scars instead of having to treat them it would be VERY much better. Scars (not superficial) can NEVER go away completely so as soon as you discover a huge zit, you can count on you will at least have a small spot to remind you the rest of your life.