Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a529612

How many hours does BP Gel work under the skin

There was a topic about this not too long ago, and I believe someone said around 8 hours. This isn't confirmed, but it seems reasonable to me.

According to at least one study, bp kills bacteria for 24 hours or so. So why doesn't once daily application of the regimen work just as well as twice for most people? It's a mystery.

According to at least one study, bp kills bacteria for 24 hours or so. So why doesn't once daily application of the regimen work just as well as twice for most people? It's a mystery.

Seems a bit convenient that BP kills bacteria for 24 hours, which also happens to be one day. Seems like something made up to make BP products sound neat and easy y'know, "once a day application which will fight acne all through the day and night!"

Seems a bit convenient that BP kills bacteria for 24 hours, which also happens to be one day. Seems like something made up to make BP products sound neat and easy y'know, "once a day application which will fight acne all through the day and night!"

I suppose that's part of the mystery lol. :D

I'm quoting a medical study which hopefully we can trust. They probably tested people at 12 hour intervals or something, thus the 24 hour result. Still, regardless of the study results, I don't think we can infer that once daily application is therefore enough, 'cuz it's usually not. But technically, to answer the question of how long it kills bacteria, all we have to go on are studies and the one study that I've read says 24 hours.

If thats the case..

When i wash my face in the morning after applying BP the previous night, will the BP still be present in my pores??

I'm not sure if this would really help, but I only use the regimen at night before I go to bed. There've been times when I'll wake up in the morning, and if my face is still feeling clean or I only got a few hours of sleep or I have nothing planned for the day other than vegging out at home, I won't wash my face. Assuming that it's not hot and I'm not sweating up a storm doing labor-intensive chores, my face still feels clean by the time I take my shower at night. I also did this before when I used Proactiv, and it seemed like I got better results that way. It seems like the BP continues to work and work even better if you leave it applied for a longer period of time, assuming you're not sweating or wearing make-up. That's my experience using BP. I'm not sure if applying it before I go to bed makes a difference. For the record, I wear make-up for long hours during the day, and BP only at night, and that's enough to keep my break outs under control.

olivetree, i get what u mean..thanks. :angel: but u are talking bout not washing your face in the morning..

urmmm.. but what i am curious about as what i had asked earlier is whether the BP will still be in the face after washing my face in the morning.???? :angel:

tally, I wasn't trying to answer your question. I was responding to the original question posed by the person who started this thread. :)

i am going to assume that it last about 8-12 hours. each washing probably removes the previous application of bp or whatever is left of it, than you put on more.

It seems I break out more when I dont apply BP every 12 hours. I apply BP the first time at around 8am and if i wait around 10pm to apply BP again my acne would get worse the next day.