Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ommanipadmehum

Klaron becomes less effective.....anyone else?

is it just me or does Klaron eventually become less effective over time? i've been using it for about a year now and my skin seems to know whats up. any suggestions on what to do next? i've been on accutane (made me severly depressed), minocycline (didn't really seem to work), Klaron, and a plethora of over-the-counter medications. i'm thinking homeopathic, but i'm not sure how effective it will be on my moderate/severe acne.

There are many things of course that you can try. I do not suggest using antibiotics, only temporarily as they are not good for you and they stop working. My suggestion to you is, getting some sort of retinoid (retin a, tazorac, differin). And getting azelaic acid. You can just use azelaic acid twice a day though with say a salicylic or AHA wash. That would go nicely together. Let me explain azelaic acid to you. It is pretty new, it is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial (copared with benzoyl peroxide but less irritating), and helps normalize skin shedding, not to mention helps fade hyperpigmentation left over from acne. I liked it a lot, though it is too irritating for me added with retin a, so I use retin a micro .04% and a sulfur wash at night, and a salicylic acid wash in the morning. The main thing is, you want to get something to normalize keratinization (which retinoids do best, but azelaic acid is an option), and to kill bacteria. Doing something homeopathic as well sounds like a good idea, I always feel like combining homeopathic and modern medicine together is best.

There are many things of course that you can try. I do not suggest using antibiotics, only temporarily as they are not good for you and they stop working. My suggestion to you is, getting some sort of retinoid (retin a, tazorac, differin). And getting azelaic acid. You can just use azelaic acid twice a day though with say a salicylic or AHA wash. That would go nicely together. Let me explain azelaic acid to you. It is pretty new, it is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial (copared with benzoyl peroxide but less irritating), and helps normalize skin shedding, not to mention helps fade hyperpigmentation left over from acne. I liked it a lot, though it is too irritating for me added with retin a, so I use retin a micro .04% and a sulfur wash at night, and a salicylic acid wash in the morning. The main thing is, you want to get something to normalize keratinization (which retinoids do best, but azelaic acid is an option), and to kill bacteria. Doing something homeopathic as well sounds like a good idea, I always feel like combining homeopathic and modern medicine together is best.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into the suggestions that you posted. Theres a lot i need to learn so i plan on seeing a new dermo, checking out a homopathetic doc, and doing my own research. I'm 24 and this needs to end. Again, thanks for the info.